Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Dǒng Shū Lěi the Death Hunter - accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:43 pm
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter
Name: Dǒng Shū Lěi (董書蕾)
Nicknames: Shoe, Shu shu
Age: 18 appears to be young teenager girl (145cm when wear high platform shoes?)

Category: Death - The "intelligence" operation, in charge of gathering information and maintaining the network of Hunters. They gather the information prior to a mission.
(Hidden reason: she might have megane complex - so Cael sama, she is coming!)

The Weapon
Name: 宰太 (Zǎi tài)
Nicknames: Zai, Sai, Z
Type of Weapon: A think long handled hammer with ball and chain, muc h like a Kendama
Former species of weapon: Nian - A chinese mythical creature

Personalities:

Shu

Mature but act like a little underage girl + Observant
The family she had made her matured when she was a young girl. It's hard to tell she's already 21 from her baby-face, so she makes use of it to take advantage on others. She likes to act innocent and naive as she believes it would lower others' defense against her while she takes a good chance to observe her opponents.

Intelligent n Cunning
During her 20 years, she had experienced a lot as well as seeing a lot. So she is rather smart and clever, she learned from her tough life. Why she's cunning? Well, to get something she wants, she may lie to you, trick you or make good use of you to achieve her goals. However, she will ensure the harm is small.

>> Extension: Cosplayer
Hated by her father and because of DV, she didn't show any emotion at all, just like a beautiful SD doll. However, in cosplay, she can be another person who enjoys a different life, she can smile, she can get angry, she can do what she likes. Cosplay forms an important part of her life. Seeing how she loves cosplay, her sisters help with doing hairstyle, clothing and props. It was her happiest moment.

Pretend to be MOE
Since her parents doesn't care about girls at all, she needs to earn her own livings since she was a little girl. With a kinda pretty and doll-like face, she makes income from being a cosplayer and part-time model. So she knows how to pretend to be desu desu or moe.

User Image

Capricious/ Temperamental
She is resolute to get what she wanted, so if she can't get it, she could be unreasonable. For example, crying loudly in the public or pouting and accused for your meanness.

User Image

I want hugs.
After the accident, she obtained PDST (Posttraumatic stress disorder). When she was waiting for rescue, she would feel that the bodies of her sisters who protected her getting colder and colder slowly, which indicated a sign of death. After that, she occasionally needs to feel the warmness of a human body. That's why she might attack others with hug abruptly.

User Image

Zai Tai

100% Tsundere
He never ever say something matching his feeling, always the opposite. He likes to use scolding, mocking or teasing to show his caring towards Shu because he doesn't want to admit that he's now her weapon.

Chicken-hearted
He is a scaredy-cat but he never admit that, even if he is scared, he will continue to pretend to be intrepid. A man shouldn't be afraid of anything, right?

Stupid
From his thought of Shu is a little girl needing his protection, you can tell he is rather dumb. Shu takes advantage of his ignorance and makes he protect her like a hero.

Curious
He is as curious as a kid, always asking questions about new things he encounters. It is the only moment that his tsundere level drops a bit.

=====

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
The twin were born in a very traditional Chinese family which longed for a boy after getting 2 girls already. Then a few years later, they finally got a boy but it was not a happy ending. He had died young. When the couple were still in sorrow, the twin came. The superstitious dad blamed the twins' bad luck for the cause of his dear son's death and treated them with prejudice.

One of them, Shu is sensitive of "creatures", she would see them since she was young. An innocent little girl that didn't think of what she might face and honestly told her parents about that. In return, the dad just intensified his dislike over this daughter. Domestic violence was common on Shu.

Even so, the docile-as-sheep mom never go against the conservative man. She just told her to obey and endure. When the daughters were old enough to earn their own livings, no more money was given to them. Instead, they have to earn for the whole family's living, mostly expenses for the only son who born a few years later,

Luckily, Shu has older sisters that spoiled her and loved her so much. That was what Shu really cares in this world, including her twin sister living far away from her. Her brother was nice and treated others well, however, he was too soft to stop his father.

Then.

Shu lost all of her sisters in an accident, leaving her brother severely injured. The unfortunate girl was unharmed, like a miracle, surrounded by the corpses of her beloved sisters. While her father accused the daughters including those who passed away for for the misery of his son, Shu claimed that she saw a shadow lurking around the scene.

Believing she was just telling lies like she always did, he slapped her hard enough that she bit her lip and bled. A stranger came and offered her a chance to seek the truth. She was hesitated and asked if they can afford all her brother's medical expenses, she would go with them.

There was nothing left to worry about here, Bei would be fine with the grandparents.......

Nothing she needs to care anymore, it's time to go.

Weapon Ability: Gambler's Chance
Whenever the girl gets mad, she started to swing her weapon with the ball flying around, hitting objects blocking her way. It forms a mini hurricane and the vicious ball will hit your body, creating an illusion of a big fierce beast striking at you.

Physical Description:

★ Baby-face, like a SD doll (She takes advantage of her appearance to cheat people) , shorter and smaller than normal people.
Eye Colour: Amber, brown, orange for main hue
Hair Colour/Style: Asian black (black plum). Long and right up to knee, tied in twin tail if not wearing hood; Natural curling, have a feeling of messiness, uneven.
Skin Colour: Pale white, a bit pinky and more yellowish than westerners.

Clothing Style/Colours:
★ Asian traits: Chinese, Korean, Japanese mix (beads, knots, tassel etc.)
★ Somewhere layerings for the clothes (like that of kimono - outer and inner layer)
★ LEGGINGSSSS
★ Boots, maybe with block up since she's short, maybe not. Artist freedom !
★ Hunter coat: Oversized, to stress the cute shortie, may make the back dragging the ground? Several fold-up can be seen on sleeves.

(Dear artist: If you want to change my lame color scheme, please do >u<)

Extra:
★ Megane Bishoujo (red decoration glasses like Mirai)
★ Something glowing, maybe the runes on weapon *u*
★ Weapon - a long thin handle hammer alike with ball & chain, I want to stress the small figure of the hunter, so make the hammer part big but with a long thin handle. I'd also like some chinese/ asian accessory/ some charm plushie like those japanese girls' hang on their phones if possible?

For more inspiration, please refer to the inspiration board >u<

Whispers to Bitti: Pink Pink Pink...

References: CLICK ME! >u (Credit: Base by SoukiAdopts@dA)

Another IMAGE:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
for twin tail reference ★

INSPIRATION BOARD: http://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RsHbjMQK7zY8L_dxLrCSUmFRt_TVCPoaY-utMFedIzY/edit?usp=sharing

Significant person - Bei  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:06 am
Miscellaneous self-reminder:

♠ Remember they are twins
Bèi:

♠ Patriarchy (重男輕女)
Traditional Chinese family, father strict and don't care about daughters
Mother: Obdient and docile
Parents spoil the "only son" a lot while don't care about the daughters much, so the girls have to earn their own livings when they are able to live on their own.

♠ Names based on Six Arts
So 2 Elder sisters (禮涵 Lǐ Hán, 御華 Yù Huá), 1 Twin (樂蓓 Lè Bèi)
1 Elder brother (射? Die as a little kid)
1 Younger Borther (數宏 Shù Hóng)

Rites (禮)
Music (樂)
Archery (射)
Charioteering (禦)
Calligraphy (書)
Mathematics (數)

♠ In the accident, the elder sisters were died from protecting Lei, while Bei was living in somewhere, Hong was severely injured and needed a lot of money.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:17 am
Here I come.
User Image  

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:09 pm
HI MEG

I have critsssssssssssss

Approval pert- She needs an exact age stated, should be 18-24

Weapons must be weapons, so a strait up oversized kendama is unfortunately a no-go D: A hammer however with a ball and chain would b perfectly fine. just gotta say it's like a kendama or sumthing.

Reason- It's really hyper scattered info, so it makes it really difficult to understand D:
Multiple siblings, 1 brother, 3 sisters but brother died? Later has another brother but all siblings were killed and brother put into medical condition via an accident. She was offered to find the truth (okay) but idk how/if hunters really would pay for all of her brother's medical. Just as well,.
'There was nothing left to worry about here, Bei would be fine with the grandparents.......' ??? Because you previous stated all her sisters died. A lot of her reason/history is confusing due to timeline and wording I think. Clarify what accident, how, etc, who died, how many siblings, etc etc. Mostly just flesh this out into one cohesive whole. Using bullet points to lay it out in order might help even if you need to do so~

Appearance- The scarf can't have any accessories. They are supposed to be undecorated/simple. Tatters on a scarf are fine, but tassels, beads, ect aren't D:

THATS MOSTLY IMPORTANT STUFF SO I'LL LET U DO DAT SHIZ~ Since it'll help clear up bits in personality I think.

Meegane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:43 pm
iStoleYurVamps
HI MEG

I have critsssssssssssss

Approval pert- She needs an exact age stated, should be 18-24

Weapons must be weapons, so a strait up oversized kendama is unfortunately a no-go D: A hammer however with a ball and chain would b perfectly fine. just gotta say it's like a kendama or sumthing.

Reason- It's really hyper scattered info, so it makes it really difficult to understand D:
Multiple siblings, 1 brother, 3 sisters but brother died? Later has another brother but all siblings were killed and brother put into medical condition via an accident. She was offered to find the truth (okay) but idk how/if hunters really would pay for all of her brother's medical. Just as well,.
'There was nothing left to worry about here, Bei would be fine with the grandparents.......' ??? Because you previous stated all her sisters died. A lot of her reason/history is confusing due to timeline and wording I think. Clarify what accident, how, etc, who died, how many siblings, etc etc. Mostly just flesh this out into one cohesive whole. Using bullet points to lay it out in order might help even if you need to do so~

Appearance- The scarf can't have any accessories. They are supposed to be undecorated/simple. Tatters on a scarf are fine, but tassels, beads, ect aren't D:

THATS MOSTLY IMPORTANT STUFF SO I'LL LET U DO DAT SHIZ~ Since it'll help clear up bits in personality I think.

Meegane

Hey Vamps

Thank you for your critsssss

First, age problem, I see in the hunter form that the lowest is 17? So can I take 17 for her actual appearance?

Second, weapon. Actually, you are right, I am looking for a hammer than shaped/ looks like a bit like a kendama, to add the childlish factor for my hunter. She's not gonna wield a giant kendama, no worries. So - how should I rephrase my words on the form? OwO

Ok, reason part biggrin
Actually the hunter has a big family, 2 elder sisters, 1 elder brother, the twin (Shu & Bei) and finally the younger brother. There are 6 of them. Chinese family is usually rather big if you know, let me try to word things clear, which is rather my weakness:

- Elder brother died
- The twin were born
- Bei (Shu's twin shipped off to grandparents when she was a baby)
- The second son (younger brother born)
- Accident happened, 2 sisters died, the brother seriously injured, Shu was alright
- Straighter approached

Does it sound clearer to you? I know my wording failed and thank you for trying to help <3

For the accident, I really don't have any idea on the details, I just want it to include two things: She saw something lurking around the scene well before the accident & two, she was unharmed because her sisters' protection.

Scarf - Noted, thanks for let me know, I will revamp the reference image after work!

Anything else I need to revise? >u<

- Meg  

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:21 pm
Meegane

Lowest age a hunter can be is 18 actually! The forms just haven't been updated unfortunately. 17 is with admin approval+ significant reasoning. As far as age appearance, I would honestly no go below 16. But actual age needs to be 18+.

As for weapon just say a hammer with ball and chain, much like a kendama

And yes! @ straighter approach! So long as on the accident it wasn't that halloween/horsemen killed family since thats hyper rare. I would suggest traffic accident/minor building collapse during earth quake? That was can fall in line w/ cold bodies  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:09 pm
HI MEG CONGRATS <3333  

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:46 pm
kuroopu

Thank you Kuro, I am so happy and excited to get her! My first hunter, my first female character as well as my firstever custom!!!

I nearly drop a tear for the spoiling and big surprise TAT

iStoleYurVamps
Meegane

Lowest age a hunter can be is 18 actually! The forms just haven't been updated unfortunately. 17 is with admin approval+ significant reasoning. As far as age appearance, I would honestly no go below 16. But actual age needs to be 18+.

As for weapon just say a hammer with ball and chain, much like a kendama

And yes! @ straighter approach! So long as on the accident it wasn't that halloween/horsemen killed family since thats hyper rare. I would suggest traffic accident/minor building collapse during earth quake? That was can fall in line w/ cold bodies

I see, I will make her actual age 18, thanks for the head up <3 (Although she's 18, can I say her appearance looks like young teen (e.g. 13-15) because she is baby face. Will that against the rule?

Weapon - will rephrase in a minute!

Accident - Traffic accident sounds good. Um, I have an idea, can you give some comments?  They were in a taxi on their way home after going to an amusement park. Since it was late the road was dark and only the headlights of the taxi shone the road. Suddenly, not far away, Shu saw a shady figure just standing in the middle of th road, when the taxi got closer, they still didn't move. When the taxi was about to kiss the figure, Shu couldn't help but yelled "Watch out!" In prompt reaction, the selfish driver turned the wheel and the car was crashed. Shu was in the middle, sandwiched by her sisters at the back seat, her brother was sitting next to the driver. In this accident, the sisters died, the the brother seriously injured, the driver got a light injury on head while Shu was totally unharmed.

In the hospital, when asked by the Police, the driver blamed Shu for the sudden shout while he saw nothing in front. Hearing that, her father slapped her for lying and causing the accident. Without knowing the selfish behaviour of the driver, he apologized.

For the reasoning, should I ask admin for whether the payment for her brother's medical expenses could be possible? If so, who should I ask?

Thank you so much for looking my messy form again Vamps *hugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:18 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas