Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
To be a little more Aussie ... *dreamy sigh* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New poll!
  Whoop! *slides down poll*
  *mollests poll for 10g*
View Results

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:28 pm
Righto, this will be my 'Aussie Savvy' topic, if no-one minds, that is. sweatdrop Here's what I'd like to do with it (what I'm hoping it will be):

I�ll ask questions from the silly to the deeply educational, about politics and culture to the beloved Aussie Slang ... and hopefully I�ll get answers to whatever question I might pose. If it�s something that would normally offend, please just let me know (and maybe answer me in an IM instead so I�ll not only still receive an answer to my question, but also a better understanding as to why it might get me in trouble).

I�m not looking to cause any disturbance or raise any hackles. I don�t want to upset anyone or make any enemies. I�m simply a Canadian girl seeking more knowledge about the country I love more than any other (and that�s not lip service!).

Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated (and hopefully stored away in more permanent parts of my memory ... sweatdrop ). Ta, mates!

P.S. To those few out there who might remember me ... I'm back, hopefully for good this time. Thanks for always taking the time and having the patience to extend my education just a little bit. You're luved! *huggles*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:47 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:54 pm
I remember you! You're the Canatralian. 3nodding

I have no idea how to make meat pies. Four'n'Twenty is a brand name, so you don't make it, you buy it. I don't like them much anyway.

Faerie bread is eeeeeeeeeeasy. Easy, easy, easy.

You take a slice of bread. Butter it. Grab some Hundreds and Thousands, and sprinkle over the buttered bread. Then you can cut sick with however you wanna cut up the bread.

PS: I like your dream avatar.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:04 am
ok for a really simple recipe thats literally easy to make...

umm have a stew or curry the night before, doesnt matter how you make it, as long as its nice the night before. use the leftovers as filling, also egg wash is needed.

you need 8-10 sheets of puff pastry with circles cut with the rim of a pie tin for correct size, (you get an average of 4-5 lids per sheet)

8-10 sheets of shortbread pastry cut also with the pie tin

1) preheat oven at 180 degrees celcius(356 degree F apparently), and pull out filling out of FRIDGE (if you dont want to get food poisoning as ill guarantee that you'll freeze the pies razz )

2) push the short bread pastry into pie tins so itll fit nicely and in the shape of a pie bottom... (has to remain in the tin so ytoull need about 5-10 tins to do it quickly)

3) make sure filling is defrosted, and place into pie bottoms

4) place the puff pastry lid onto the top of the pie bottom, and brush lid with egg wash so itll brown nicely, and not burn and catch alight as the sheets separate...

5) place into oven for about 30 mins or until lightly browned

the basic rule with pies is that you have to cook the filling before you put it in, as all you do when cooking a pie is heating the filling.... try not to use frozen filling, if you intend to freeze the pies, or you'll put everyone at risk for food poisoning, (which is sad, but yet funny at the same time.... jsut put it this way, im not allowed to cook much anymore unless its for myself razz )

or if you want it in slang

cut out the clothing
chuck in some of the crap
slap 'er in teh oven
have a few, and they'll be done by the second beer
eat up  

scruffy012

Lilah-Clover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:06 am
4n20 is a brand name...

FAIRY BREAD!!!!! I LOVE IT... Im going to make me some now...!!
brb..!

back...
also did u know that u can get margarine with sprinkles in it already (My sis used to get it) but what Im eating is the old fashion way....  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:46 am
Recipie for Four n' twenty pie?

Get 1 camel, 3 goats, miscellaneous cow, sheep and pig parts and put them all in a vat. Then get gravy like substances, probably made out of cow's hooves and add to the vat. Boil it all down until it vaguely resembles minced beef and gravy. Whack it in some pastry and Bob's your uncle!

But really, I don't trust 4 n' 20 pies one bit. They always have that weird oily yellow stuff in them. WTF is that stuff?! I only like pies that have been cooked that day in an actual bakery.  

EmWah
Crew

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:56 am
lol And here I always just thought you guys called all meat pies 4n'20s. Right, so I'll just go with Scruffy's recipe (is it sad that I almost understood the slang better than the extended version? *winks*) and make it myself. That works for me.

And it looks like all this time I already had a recipe for Fairy Bread on my computer. *shakes head* Must've nabbed it off a friend too long ago for me to remember getting it. *laughs*

Oh, and here's my next question:

What is 'tacker'? I know a tackerbox is basically what we of the north would call a lunchbox, but is tacker a specific kind of food, or just a generalization?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:58 am
You mean "tucker"?

Tucker = Food

Hence Tuckerbox = Lunchbox

Yes, tucker is just food in general. I have the feeling that it is aboriginal in origin... or english enterpretation of an aboriginal word.

"Tacker" is a little kid.  

EmWah
Crew

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:39 am
Tucker is an Early australian word, not Aboriginal in origin.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:34 pm
Erm ... tucker, yes, that's the word. 3nodding Thanks much for clarifying that for me.  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 pm
Lilah-Clover
4n20 is a brand name...

FAIRY BREAD!!!!! I LOVE IT... Im going to make me some now...!!
brb..!

back...
also did u know that u can get margarine with sprinkles in it already (My sis used to get it) but what Im eating is the old fashion way....

Ergh... Weird...

I remember when I was little they made this stuff which was peanut butter & honey mixed together...

I used to make my parents buy it for me... it was easier only having to put one thing on the sandwich... it never had enough honey in it though...

Never saw the margerine + sprinkles mix though....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:38 pm
EmWah
You mean "tucker"?

Tucker = Food

Hence Tuckerbox = Lunchbox

Yes, tucker is just food in general. I have the feeling that it is aboriginal in origin... or english enterpretation of an aboriginal word.

"Tacker" is a little kid.

3nodding Makes me wonder... is that where the expression "tuck in" comes from?

Also yeah... you don't wanna be confusing kiddies with food... that could cause all kinds of trouble...

JewelsSparkle

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:35 pm
I dunno ... tackerbox sounds like a good disciplining technique. *winks and giggles* Might be tasty too if you add the right spices. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:32 am
Maybe you are thinking of Tacklebox??? And thats a box with all you fisihng needs like lures, hooks, knife, pack of cards, suncream etc...

Yeh the butter and sprinkles taste alot different then the old fashion way of making them..

I want more questions!!  

Lilah-Clover

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:43 am
More Questions please.

We demand questions!  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers