chrysoprase chimera

Smitten Sweetheart

5,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 am
rants and raves of an awkward teenager
I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon and post this, since it seems like quite a bit of fun! Here, I suppose I'll just be detailing (and perhaps complaining) about what happens in my day to day life. Don't worry, I'm not very interesting, so I doubt I'll spam the forum too much. I'll go ahead and warn you -- there will be tmi ahead. I'll put little warnings in front of each post so that you don't have to deal with all of the awkwardness, but I don't want to just cut it out.

To start this thing off, my middle name is Charlotte, and that's what you may call me. I'm seventeen years old and a Junior in high school, and to be quite clear, I'm not very interesting. I was born in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, which is where I currently live now. My personality is an interesting (or irritating) dichotomy. I have social anxiety disorder, which makes interaction with strangers and large crowds nearly impossible and gives off the impression that I'm shy. When I have a keyboard as my proxy, however, or if I know somebody very well, it's almost impossible for me to shut up.

So, there's that. I suppose if you want to know anything else, you can find out through my posts!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:12 am
Welcome! emotion_hug rant away!  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

chrysoprase chimera

Smitten Sweetheart

5,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm
                Well, so much for ranting, but it seems as if I haven't really had much to say lately.

Most of my time, I suppose, has been taken up with various applications and exams. QuestBridge, National Honor Society -- it's enough to make me want to tear my own hair out! Even as I type, there's a whole pile of homework that I'm supposed to be doing. My only consolation, I suppose, is that spring break is looming on the horizon. Three more days, and I'm free! My grades are fairly mediocre, but honestly, I'm done caring about that. I'll regret it once it comes time to fill out college applications, but at the moment, all I care about is sleep.

Today was fairly uneventful. School was predictable, although I did have to stand up in front of my Creative Writing class and present a poem; ie. hell. My whole class is like a microcosm of your typical high school, and it bothers me to no end (particularly when I forget to check the zipper on my pants). Get me into college and out of here asap! -sigh-

On the more negative end, Bryce's family found out my age. For clarification, Bryce is my boyfriend, and he's about to turn twenty. We began dating last year, and I figured 'oh, it's only three years, it's not so bad!' Now that there's a substantial difference in the number, however, things have taken a turn for the uncomfortable, especially when I've been telling his grandparents that I'm eighteen this entire time -- I know, I know, karma's coming back to bite me in the a**, but to be fair, his family is the intimidating sort. I can't place one of them that hasn't been in the Army or the Marines at some point, and even his grandmother looks as if she could bench-press three of me. Apparently, they sought out my school records (I didn't even know that was possible!) for some inexplicable reason, and now I don't know if I can ever show my face to them again. Even better? He just invited me to their Easter function next week.

On the bright side? The grading period is ending tomorrow, so that's a load off, and I found a lovely Les Miserables fanfiction that I think I'll waste my night reading. Fun, fun times.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:15 pm
                Oh my goodness, today was absolutely incredible! To make this short, I got my SAT scores back today, and not only were they much better than I was expecting, I got a perfect 800 on the critical reading section. To top it off, Hillsdale University, a college that's on my top five list, just called and offered me a full scholarship.

Holy s**t. That's room and board, tuition, everything paid for, and it's such an incredible weight off my back. I'm still not sure that I'll go there for the long haul, but it's so lovely to know that the opportunity is there if I choose to take it. My face hurts from smiling so much.

My mother and grandmother are taking me out to a Japanese steakhouse tonight -- god, I love those places! I think that Bryce and I are spending tomorrow together, as well. So, overall, I'm feeling amazing.

chrysoprase chimera

Smitten Sweetheart

5,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500

ambypanda

Devoted Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 pm
In your first post you sound just like me, socially awkward, but open with a keyboard smile And I just want to say that I'm so glad that everything is starting to work out for you. As for your boyfriend, don't let his family intimidate you. As long as you care about each other you will be able to get through anything. Good luck, and congrats on the scholarship biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:57 pm
Scholarship??

emotion_awesome AWESOME!!! emotion_awesome

Congratulations, not everyone is offered even more than a partial. You're doin' it right!  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items