Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] "Moose" Kicchu - Arctic Owlbear (Ready!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kippy_sneeze

Tipsy Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM
Name: Tirshe'eishka'keshe Kicchu (pronounced Tursh-eyesh-kah-kesh Key-chew)
Nicknames: Moose (self-chosen upon using her skull-pin for the first time)

Faction: Monster
Race: Arctic Owlbear

Natural Ability: Night vision

Personality:
Attention Span: Moose is very spacey, with a rather unpredictable attention span. She often gets lost in thought, sometimes mid-sentence, trailing off into silence. She pays great attention to things which interest her, but her attention is like a light switch - either she's fascinated, or distracted. She has a great interest in people-watching, and enjoys being surrounded by others. The more people around her, the more open and excitable she is, simply because there is no time for her to get distracted with something else; there is always a new person catching her attention.
The majority of her distraction stems with being in a human body, rather than the owlbear form she's used to. She will sometimes get distracted by how her mouth is moving, or by her thumbs(see Physicality for more information)!
Her spacey nature and slow speech rhythms can lead some people to think of her as an airhead, though she can be quite knowledgeable, if the subject is the right one!

Curiosity: Moose is always willing to stick her nose where it doesn't belong - partially to know why it doesn't belong there, partially too see what people are so concerned with hiding, and also just to see what happens if she gets caught. She isn't typically deterred by potential consequences, dismissing them as hypothetical until it happens. Moose is a little bit gullible as well; knowledge is something to be shared, why would someone make it up? She'll ask more questions if what she's been told contradicts things she knows to be true, and do research if it sounds fishy, but she doesn't like telling people she doubts them.
In a purely academic sense, her curiousity has been a great boon. She reads books voraciously(provided they suit her interests) and will even go out of her way to research things that she wants to know more about. For better or worse, she is quite dogged in her quest for satisfying answers to her rather sporadic questions.

Physicality: Since arriving at the school, Moose has been revelling in what it's like to have a human shape, and it has influenced her behaviour quite radically. Most notably is in her eyes - quite literally! As an owlbear, her eyes were similar in structure to an owl's - they were large in the skull, which means that instead of her eyes rotating in the sockets, she would have to turn her whole head. Although she no longer has to do this(and it caused quite some panic the first time), she still tends to look around using her head more than her eyes. In fact, she worries that if she looks out of the corner of her eyes, they'll fall out of her head.
Her nickname, "Moose" was also chosen by her from how much she enjoys having lips. Owlbear beaks have a very limited range of speech, allowing for K, T, and other sharp noises. She likes to introduce herself, just to play with how the M, Oo, and S noises sound. Sometimes as part of her spacing out, she'll mouth words, over and over, just to feel her face muscles move.
She also quite enjoys the feel of soft textures, something which is lost to her calloused footpads and claws in her natural form. As a result, she's compelled to touch or carry things that seem fairly random. Another common object of distraction is her thumbs, another thing she lacked in her natural form. In classes that disinterest her, she will often sit and move her thumbs, fascinated by their dexterity.

Fight and Flight: Despite her slow paced and gentle nature, her owlbear tendencies take over when she gets spooked. In a fight, she will dive headlong into a vicious attack, disregarding the potential consequences. If startled, she will let out a screech intended to take her foe off guard - even when the 'foe' is just an unlucky fellow student. Moose tends towards bezerker 'strategies' in fights, getting close, and not backing off. It's very hard for her to focus on something outside a battle, and even more difficult to convince her to make a tactical retreat.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
It is a family tradition for the Kicchu family to attend Amityville Academy. Throughout the generations, the Kicchu's have studied, thrived, drifted, slacked, and flunked out - the only important aspect to the family is the actual attendance, rather than the performance.

FEAR Ability: Battle Cry: Moose uses her specialty - a good old fashioned owlbear mauling.

Physical Description: Moose is very lightly built - a bit gawky, bordering on scrawny. Her eyes are very large, and very round, with very large irises and small pupils. She has short, white hair which is actually comprised of very soft feathers. It is about four inches long, and terribly untidy, tending to stick up in unruly tufts. A few longer feathers are dappled through her hair, which are tipped with black, like snowy owl feathers.

Eye Colour: Orange
Hair Colour/Style: White
Skin Colour: White with occasional black bars, reminiscent to snowy owl markings.
Clothing Style/Colours: Moose dresses rather erratically, showing signs that she doesn't quite seem to understand the asthetics of clothing. She piles on clothes in layers to replace her natural owlbear insulation, all of which are the most garishly coloured and patterned sort she can get her hands on.
A common style is an oversized sweater(large enough to often slip off a shoulder, sleeves long enough to completely obscure her hands) worn over a sleeveless top, leggings with shorts or a skirt, and mis-matched socks. She almost always wears a large cowl-necked scarf which used to be white, under the dirt and mysterious stains, but is now resigned to a colour which could kindly be called beige.
Way more information in the spoiler! (It got a little out of hand. ._.;; )
Moose tends to dress in layers - being an arctic owlbear, she's not used to the cold she feels while in human form. She doesn't quite seem to understand the asthetics of clothing, either, often dressing in very erratic(sometimes flat out clashing) colour schemes and patterns. Because her natural form sees in very limited, washed out colours, she relishes the saturation she can see in while in human form and swathes herself in it, often to overbearing effect.

She often wears tights with either shorts or skirts, and bizarre socks. The socks rarely match, and often are either knee-high, or something knitted and grossly oversized. She does not own a pair of socks in a solid colour, preferring stripes, or in the case of knee-high socks, patterns such as owls, skulls, birds, or other noun-based designs.

Her closet is full of oversized, garishly coloured sweaters, which she wears over plain cotton tank tops. Her sweaters tend to be large enough that they often slip off a shoulder, and have sleeves that dangle haphazardly. She'll try to bunch the sleeves up to her elbows when she's doing something finicky, but doesn't seem to much care(or even notice) if a sleeve falls back down. She likes to cuddle into these huge sweaters, using them as fodder for her nesting instinct while on the go.

Moose does tend towards clothing materials that mimic her "natural" heat retention, like wool, or faux fur(she's somewhat horrified by real fur clothing), though in warmer temperatures she seems quite happy in cotton. She often wears an oversized cowl scarf made by her mother - it shows signs that it used to be white, under the dirt and mysterious stains, but is now resigned to a colour which could kindly be called beige. It's one of the few things she owns that's a solid colour(or used to be), and she's quite fond of snuggling up into it.

Extra: She has some very owl-like features - her eyes are abnormally large, her hair is made of feathers, and she has dappled stripes, similar to snowy owl markings.
References: (click to enlarge thumbnails)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 pm
kippy_sneeze

THIS IS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN ASKDFM

ugh okay kippy pls I love this quest A++

For nat ability, I think it would be good to consider something that can be fun / useful in just regular rps! For example, my grim reaper has the ability to manipulate shadow, which is fun to mess around with in various rps. Another character of mine shape-shifts, etc. etc. Nat abilities are fun little quirks that make species unique (since nat abilities are not limited to one person - i.e. multiple people can have the same nat ability).

I like the night vision one! That one can definitely come in handy, and I can see it being pretty funny actually since other characters like my own cough would just walk into walls at night because they can't see a damn thing and meanwhile Moose is all PLS I GOT THIS /struts like a boss

...okay that's paraphrasing obvs and this is lots of me rambling and probably not making ny sense whatsoever but yes.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

kippy_sneeze

Tipsy Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:37 pm
kurotomato
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN ASKDFM

ugh okay kippy pls I love this quest A++

For nat ability, I think it would be good to consider something that can be fun / useful in just regular rps! For example, my grim reaper has the ability to manipulate shadow, which is fun to mess around with in various rps. Another character of mine shape-shifts, etc. etc. Nat abilities are fun little quirks that make species unique (since nat abilities are not limited to one person - i.e. multiple people can have the same nat ability).

I like the night vision one! That one can definitely come in handy, and I can see it being pretty funny actually since other characters like my own cough would just walk into walls at night because they can't see a damn thing and meanwhile Moose is all PLS I GOT THIS /struts like a boss

...okay that's paraphrasing obvs and this is lots of me rambling and probably not making ny sense whatsoever but yes.
Hahaha, fantastic! I'm totally going to take your advice, and go with the night vision. I thought that one would be fun to work with, but I wasn't sure how often students would be wandering around in the dark. I'd hate to have a natural ability that just never comes up.

Also, I drew another Moose. I imagine this one is mid-sentence, getting distracted by Ms again.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games