The Birth of SOLDIER (BC) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:10 am
This is the Wutai War! SOLDIER is pitted against the might of the ninja, a legend will be born, the world will be changed forever, but first our heroes must survive the guelling bloody battles. War is far from the pretty fables and glorious victories. These dark and trecherous times will leave their mark on all. And forshadow a greater threat to come.

This RP takes place 22 years before the game, some characters are too young to be played here. Those of you who wish to join this RP but have such youthful characters may speak to me about creating or using a different character.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:24 pm
The lines of SOLDIER were neat and orderly, their commander's voice rang out clear and strong. Not a single man in the ranks was out of place... but then, Freyr had never really considered himself a... 'man'.

"FREYR!!" Came the furious shout, "GET BACK IN LINE!!!" Freyr only grinned and fidgeted in place, He had aligned himself so that his human torsoe was facing his line. technically speaking he was perpendicular to it, but his beastial portion continued the rank neatly, if rediculously, making only his line slighly longer than the rest. Hs captain looked particularly exhasperated.
"I am in line sir! But I did not wish for the lines to loose their horizontal perfection SIR!" he intoned seriously, one hand raised in a salute. His grin betrayed him, and the Captain scowled even more furiously.
"If you are so interested in our 'perfection' Freyr, then perhaps you can also help with our newest recuit!" SOLDIER, was in fact a new faction, and they were almost ready to join the other warriors on the front line. For months they had been training and drilling endlessly. Only Freyr still managed to find some way to disrupt the daily role-call. Only he seemed willing to throw the Captain a few curve-balls in his otherwise satisfactory day. the term ' a thorn in one's side' could easily apply to Freyr, and had it not been for the said individual's incredible skill and unique abilities, added to the vouch from Proffesor Gast. The Captain would have found a way to remove him long ago. "FREYR! Report to my office Immediately!!" Came the roar, "The rest of you! Back in formation and finish your morning drills!"
"SIR! YES SIR!!" Came the reply rumbling simultaniously through the lines.
"Sir! yes Sir,... SIR!" Freyr shouted enthusiastically, adding a single last 'sir' which rang sharply in the silence following the rest of the troops cry. Then whirling in place the Chimera turned and bolted, arriving promptly and neatly before the Captain and waiting at attention with a grin for the slower man to arrive.

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:37 pm
Sephiroth sat almost impatiently in the captain's personal office. However, he maintained a cold, calculated look that he had been working on perfecting for all his years. He learned quickly that showing pain, weakness, or any sort of shortcoming was a punishable offense, and it was ingrained in him regularly that he was bred to be great. To be perfect. Now, he finally had a chance to show that he wasn't pointless, that those years with Gast and the odd Hojo hadn't been for nothing. He would join SOLDIER. He would become the best. Though he was young, just by watching the other members from afar, he could already tell that his skill level was above that of all the others. But why was that? What was it that made him better than everyone else? It was that question that had been plagueing him all his life, and whenever he tried to ask about it, the questions were quickly diverted.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:42 pm
The Captain maintained a uniform look of destestation in Freyr's direction. He could never fault the Chimera's skill, the SOLDIER was impecable in battle and a cunning tactition. Before he had joined the select ranks of SOLDIER he had had ample opportunity to obtain a higher rank than the Captain currently held. For some reason known only to the beast-man he had always declined. The Captain scowled, he couldn't understand this man,... Upon reaching the door he opened it, and proceeded Freyr into the room, glancing at Sephiroth with something almost akin to pity... he wasn't certain which of the two it seemed was being 'punished'. The captain knew otherwise, but it still had that appearance. "Atten-tion!" He shouted.

Freyr stepped casually into the room, and snapped into a straight form with his hands resting against his lower shoulders. As close to attention as he could manage. His eyes refused to stare straight as a good SOLDIER's should and instead rested on the silver haired youth sitting before him. A smile played across his lips sending a scowl darting across the Captain's. Before his superior could continue Freyr spoke up. "Is this my partner sir?" The captain nodded slightly, "At Ease... you two become aquainted but I want BOTH of you ready for weapons drills at O' Nine hundred." Then he strode briskly from the room, and closed the door somewhat harder than was neccesary. Freyr's grin broadened. "It's a pleasure to meet you! You must be Sephiroth!" He smiled and strode forward offering his hand to shake and ingoring the surprise. "I'm a freind of Proffesor Gast's, perhaps you've heard of me? I'm Freyr!" He said by way of introduction

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:14 pm
Sephiroth gazed expressionlessly at the Captain, and then at the chimera. He stood stiffly as the captain left, almost protesting aloud the idea of being left alone and partners with this...thing. He nodded shortly as Freyr introduced himself. So this was the weird one that he had heard rumours about. Allowing himself to reach a hand forward, he gave Freyr's one quick shake, and then returned the arm to his side. Well, there was no need for him to introduce himself, as it was already known just who he was."Freyr. Yes, I've heard of you." he informed the chimera, not offering more than that by way of conversation. It was unnecessary in his mind. People would ramble on about topics that Sephiroth had little interest in if given the chance. So the new SOLDIER didn't give him the chance.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:00 pm
Freyr didn't really need a 'chance' to talk to anyone. It seemed to be his gift, (or other people's curse) that he could always find something to discuss. And with half an hour to spare he wasn't about to waste it. "Professor Gast speaks highly of you!" he jovially informed the youth, "He's very proud of you,... or at least he was when last we spoke..." The Chimera paused looking momentarily concerned, "It has been a while..." Then his face split into his contagious grin. "I haven't seen that old coot in 3 months!" Not waiting for a reply he sat himself down on the ground before Sephiroth. "So then Seph, what can you do? Cappy says you're a new recruit... As far as I can tell all the newbies don't particularly seem to be 'new' if you know what I mean." He crossed his paws and stretched languidly, unbuttoning two of the buttons on his shirt. A habit he engaged in whenever he thought he could get away with it. "What's your favorite food?" He asked as an afterthought, "Do you like Icecream?" His attitude and actions very much defied what one would expect from a warrior so highly spoken of.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:05 am
Sephiroth couldn't stop the condescending look from sweeping his face at the seeming unprofessionalism and disrespect of this creature. "It's Sephiroth." he corrected Freyr sternly. If all of the members of SOLDIER were like this, he'd either have to loosen up a bit, or see if there was some way out of it, because he'd undoubtedly have trouble working with someone as laid back as this. With his upbringing, he was used to people respecting him, with either awe or fear. This was an entierely new experience, and one he wasn't enjoying. Though being a SOLDIER wasn't about enjoying ones self, he knew that it would get better at weapons practice. That was something he could do mindlessly, but it gave him the chance to think about plain things. Dodge this, swing up at that. Calculating...it was something that required no personality. Realizing that he had once again been addressed by his new...partner, he gave a short shake of his head and replied, "I've never liked one food enough to call it my favorite. And I've never had ice cream."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:57 am
Freyr's face lit up like he'd discovered Christmas. "Then I'll have to treat you to some!" He decided happily, completely ignoring the youth's disinterest, "When should we skip out to grab a bite?" It was during that question that the door opened roughly,
"FREYR!!" Came the Captain's angry shout, "ON YOUR FEET SOLDIER! This was an Introduction not a LUNCH BREAK!!" Freyr stood, and shifted into attention, though not quite as quickly as the Captain might have liked, and he grinned at Sephiroth, "BUTTON YOUR SHIRT!!" The Captain snarled, "And wipe that Smirk off your face!!" Freyr obeyed the first command, but seemed to have some difficulty banishing his smile,
"Did you HEAR ME SOLDIER? I Said Wipe that Smile!" He scowled furiously, "If you don't you'll have Latrine duty..." Freyr interupted at this point,
"Sir! I already have latrine duty for the next 3 months, SIR!" It didn't look as if the Captain's could become any more infuriated, but somehow he managed it. He fumed quietly for several moments until his eyes landed on Sephiroth, a strange smuggness filled them before he returned his gaze to Freyr.
"Atten-tion!" He snapped, this time including Sephiroth, "Both of you! Unbarred Combat. I want to see what You can do to each other! DO YOU HEAR ME SOLDIER?"
Freyr tried and failed to smother another grin, "Sir! The entire battalion can hear you SIR!!"
"MOVE OUT!!" Came the Captain's roar.

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:06 pm
Sephiroth inwardly smirked as Freyr was reprimanded, and then shot to his feet at attention quickly, yet fluidly. His green eyes at first shone excitedly with the idea of getting to fight and show off his skill, yet he couldn't help but wonder how much these SOLDIERs really knew about his ability. He also wanted to see how much he could get away with, being the almost famous prodigy boy, and to test it, he affixed a completely serious gaze on his face and said to the Captain, "Sir, I understand you want to see my skills, but unbarred combat already? I see that you don't get along well with this Freyr, but are you that axious to get rid of him?" On the inside, he was grinning. What he showed outside to the Captain was passiveness, yet he let his eyes slide over to Freyr, glittering with his own sense of humor. It wasn't something he let be widely known, or widely used, but Sephiroth was capable of joking. Though really, he had meant what he said. He knew that his skills were amazing when let off to their full capacity, so he resolved right then that he would save some of it. After all, it seemed a wise thing around here to have a wild card up his sleeves.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:15 pm
The Captain paused, taking a good look at Sephiroth before returning his gaze to Freyr, "Get rid of him?... well you'll see..." He muttered cryptically, Freyr also grinned, "Sir, isn't it perhaps a bit early for an unbarred match? Sephiroth missed the warm ups and morning drills." He offered, "BE QUIET!" The Captain snarled, "Now listen, this drill is to continue until one of the two of you is no longer capable of continuing,... HOWEVER, if either of you is wounded seriously enough that you cannot attend tomorow morning's drills, BOTH of you will have Sentry and Latrine duty for a MONTH... IN ADDITION to what you already have." He added quickly as he noticed Freyr opening his mouth. The Chimera settled back with an amused smile, "Shall we have some fun then Seph?" He inquired innocently, "And Cap? What weapons can we use?" The Captain whirled, eyes blazing, "That is SIR to you Freyr! Wooden weapons for both of you! I want a nice set of bruises for the rest of the company to veiw." He glared at Freyr before motioning both of them out, "You are DISMISSED!" He waited until they had both left before sinking into his chair ... "What am I going to do with him..." He murmered to himself.

Freyr happily trotted across the yard, making a straight path to the weapon's shed. Some of the other SOLDIERS, now engaging in various weapon sparring activities, shouted their oppinions,
"Are you in trouble AGAIN Freyr? Or is the Captain still mad about that pudding?"
"Naw it wasn't the pudding, I think he was really ticked off with Freyr's vine prank!"
The calls continued and Freyr began to chuckle at each remembered jest, but as the number of varied references continued to grow, One had to wonder whether the beast-man COULD be serious.

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:49 pm
He'd see, huh? Did the Captain actually think that Sephiroth would have a problem beating Freyr? He'd just have to prove, then, that he was a lot more than he seemed as just a teen. Though when more terms were named, he realized that perhaps it would be more difficult than mindless attacking. So he had to win, but not seriously harm his sparring partner. "It's Sephiroth." he automatically said when Freyr shortened his name. They had to use wooden weapons? What a bother. He thought about protesting, but remebered that he was being watched closely while here. The people in the science department were more than axious to see how Sephiroth fared in SOLDIER, and he would do his best to surpass their expectations beyond belief. He turned and strode out behind Freyr, wondering how much he'd have to adjust because of fighting something that wasn't fully human, but still had the mental capacity of one. It would be like fighting a very smart monster, he decided, and riffled through his mind to see what skills he had that would apply to this sort of thing. Because of his thinking, he managed to block out most of the comments that were directed at the chimera, but he couldn't help but make a small noise of disbelief and disdain at some of them. The young Sephiroth looked around at the other SOLDIERs, wondering if they would recognize him, and if so, if he could read from their expressions what was generally thought of him.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:20 pm
The Men nearby were mostly focused on their own drills, but most of them made time to shout at the two. A few glanced at Sephiroth and fewer still recognised him, Some seemed surprised, others wary, but most of them regarded the youth with a certain sense of pity, sparing glances for Sephiroth's sparring partner before shaking their heads. Freyr waved at the enthusiastic groups, and smiled at those who were less freindly with their comments. "Don't let Me get you into too much trouble!" He shouted back, with chuckles and exasperated sighs in response. Freyr reached the shed shortly, and he was considerate enough to pace himself so the slower Sephiroth could keep up. Once there he considered the assortment of wooden weapons. "So Seph, what's your preference? Sword? Spear? sheild?... I'll bet we could find some wooden guns if you like." He said with a broad grin. Freyr himself chose a wooden naginata, giving it a few experimental swings as he tested it's balance. He seemed slightly disapointed but retained the weapon regardless. Then he turned to watch his new protege avidly.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:02 pm
Sephiroth eventually ignored all the other men and went back to mentally prepping himself for the upcoming fight. When they reached the shed, and Freyr gave suggestions, Sephiroth made a noise somewhat akin to exasperation. "What use could anyone find for a wooden gun?" He asked rhetorically, walking right up to the sword area and examining a few. He took one down, swung it a bit, shook his head, and then put it back. He kept moving up in length, none of the ones he chose quite fitting what he was used to. His hands finally rested on the longest wooden sword available. Pulling it down, he tested the feel of it. Still not quite the balance he was looking for, it would have to do. He turned his green eyes up at the chimera and nodded, indicating he had made his choice.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:23 am
Freyr watched Sephiroth carefully and smiled when he made his choice. "If you're sure kid..." With that cryptic statement he led the boy to a small clearing a little ways off from the rest of the regiment. The ground had been cleared, leaving a plainly marked circle of dirt which was the 'arena' a small white-stone line marked the bounderies, and unlike the other similar 'rings' other SOLDIERs were sparring in, this one was much larger and half-sheilded by trees. the ground was well trampled with hoof and paw mark. A mute testament to Freyr's prior frequent uses of the area. the Chimera settled himself back a ways, giving Sephiroth plenty of room as they faced each other. "A few rules Seph, One, a ring out means a point. 10 points to a match. Two, ... I don't really care how you fight, technically 'stab' moves aren't supposed to be directed anywhere vital, but I tend to ignore that rule, You can't keep your fighting skills up if you're afraid to mimic a killing thrust. Three, ... Use whatever dirty, low-down, underhanded moves you have in your arsenal. The enemy won't fight fair, no use in us learning to give them an advantage... Four, ..." And then Freyr smiled, "Think of me as your worst enemy... whenever you step inside this circle." Then he fell silent, the smile which always lingered around his face became cold, and almost sadistic. A slight shifting of his balance was all the movement he made. His 'blade' point rested languidly on the ground as he simply watched his newest opponent.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:16 pm
Sephiroth noted his slight disadvantage as he was unfamiliar with this ring, but it was obvious that Freyr wasn't. He stood passively as the chimera explained the rules, but he couldn't help but be surprised at some of them. It seemed that the rules actually made the battle very unrestrained, rather than restricted. It would mean that this battle would either be easier, or more difficult, depending on just how good Freyr was. And judging by his stance and attitude, he either underestimated Sephiroth, or was confident in his own abilities. Sephiroth hoped for the former. When was the last time he had fought full out like this? It had been a while. He stretched a bit, and then swung his sword a few times to get a good enough feel for it, the whole time his vividly green eyes resting on the chimera. When he felt ready enough, he gave a small smirk and stepped inside the ring. His sword was held defensively as he decided to wait for Freyr to make the first move, so that he knew what to expect.  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff