Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[JRP] New Faces (Fireheart x Kumboko x Safi'macho)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 am
User Image

Things finally were starting to return to normal for Fireheart. Her cubs were old enough so they could go exploring and not get into too much trouble, she could start her training once more, and pick up her queenly duties. It also left her mate to his own devices, spending his days on the beach or watching the cubs play, should he so choose. She was glad that she didn't have to worry about them constantly anymore, although they were on her mind quite a bit.

The pride had settled down as well after a bit of turbulence with their neighboring pride. That whole mess had been sorted out, though, so she had no fears on her mind. After going through her regular work-out routine, she decided to stroll along the borders to see if anything had changed during the weeks she was den-bound, taking care of her newborn cubs.

The large lioness padded quietly through the trees, as she had trained herself to do. Her mate had shown her how to cover her tracks as she walked, but she was in no need to be secretive today. Someone may need to find her, after all. Instead, she wanted to observe the wildlife that lived in her pride's lands, as well as spot any incoming lions that may be wandering a bit too close for comfort.

Andranis

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 am
SilverLutz
Egad almost a month later... xd ;; Sorry about that!

User Image Her whole body quivered, though it wasn't for any directly discernable reason. As Kumbuko looked around, a shoulder bumped hers gently, causing the brightly-colored lioness to look over. One of her daughters had followed her here, to these lands that had, according to Xavier, once been protected by Muhali. Now different gods protected them, ones that he'd sent the remains of their attempt at a pride to find a home under the protection of. Bright green eyes flashed for a moment, seeing something not here and not now, a long ago ache of her daughter, before it vanished. Carefully, she placed a red paw, a physical gift passed on to her from her grandfather through her father.

User Image Beside her mother, Safi'macho took everything in. Very unlike her mother, and much more like her unknown father, the bright-eyed lioness came in much more muted colors. The only bright colors past her eyes on her body were a couple markings, small things in the grand scheme of her body patterning. "You would think we'd run into somebody by now... A guard... A sentry... A booby trap...." She paused, flicking an ear. "An ambush..." If only she'd been blessed like her mother as a Seer, but in the opposite direction. Her mother Saw the past... Well, past pains, but still the past. Safi Saw nothing, only her own memories and imaginings. And growing up with a god present, they'd been powerful imaginings, of lands far away and creatures not seen by the locals before, born of the god's descriptions. Her nose twitched, before she looked up, looking around. "I don't think we're alone..."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:21 pm
It didn't take too long for Fireheart to hear a few sets of paws making their way through the jungle. She hid herself just slightly, not wanting to be completely invisible but not spotted first. A female voice reached her ears and she had to smirk just a bit. Ah...they were expecting someone to find them. That was good. They weren't being sneaky and trying to hide themselves in appearance or voices. Once they came into view she sized the two females up. One was so brightly colored it was a wonder she wasn't a part of the pride. The other, who was a bit more natural in color, was the one who was speaking.

After determining them to not be a threat, she emerged from the shadows of the trees, sea foam eyes hard and her expression stony. She didn't want to think that they were pushovers here. Far from it.

"State your business," she said evenly, keeping her voice calm but firm. "I will say now that if you have ill will for those who live here, you will be dealt with swiftly and accordingly." Best get that out in the open quickly. If they did mean harm there were scouts just a roar away, but she could take them easily. Fireheart was large for a Kizi, and Kizi were large to begin with. From their posture, though, she had an inkling that they didn't want to cause trouble here.

Andranis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:14 am
SilverLutz

The brown lioness stared flatly at the other, as if she wasn't impressed with being accosted on someone else's land. "If we meant you harm, do you really think we'd be so obvious in how we decided to intrude on your land?"

"SAFI!" Kumbuko grabbed a leaf and used it to cover her daughter's mouth. "Have manners! We're on someone else's land right now!" The purple lioness looked over at the blonde-haired lioness, ears twitching. "She's right, though... We mean no harm. We're only looking for a home... Somewhere to live, with a pride..." She'd been in one, once... But she'd left, some time shortly after her mother's death at the paws of her older half-brother. Safi dearly hoped somebody would end that lion, as she only saw him as a sick individual. He had an ailment nothing could cure, and he'd likely never work through, only finding peace in his death. "I am Kumbuko, this is my daughter, Safi'macho." She had another daughter out there, somewhere, and she hoped that her dear little Belle found her way to this same place so that some part of her family could be a family.

The flat looked turned on her mother as Safi shoved the leaf away, mindful to keep from touching paws. Though she'd not had many injuries or heartaches in life, the bright-marked lioness had still suffered the anguish of an attempt at forming a new pride failing with her mother and-- She suddenly stopped, looking around. "Where's Ni'andama?" The blue-tailed lioness had been RIGHT behind them. "I'm sorry, but have you seen a dusty-brown lioness, dark legs, bright blue tail hair anywhere around here?" She started to wander off to find the missing lioness, when she felt Kumbuko's paw on her shoulder.

"We'll have to find her later... We need rest, Sama..."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:00 pm
In the not so distant past, Fireheart would have taken offence to the rather blunt and slightly rude reply of the less colorful female. But, having been around Riddle Mouth for quite some time now, and with a pawful of cubs to dull her sensitivites, she just sort of smiled. The Gypsy King would certainly like the way the female had answered her. He seemed to enjoy encouraging that questioning nature in those around him, as he should. The gypsies were not a place of poise or grace or formalities. It was a home for the lost and the rough and the slightly crazy.

"She's fine," Fireheart murmured quietly, turning her attention to the older lioness. "There's no shame in having a proud voice. Especially not here." She was sure there was no other pride in the lands where the people complained or talked to the king and queen as if they were just another member. A little bob of her head indicated that she understood the colorful lioness's words, but when the subject changed to that of another female, she shook her head.

"You two are the only outsiders I've seen for quite a while. But if she was following you, perhaps she will show up here." A pause followed, in which Fireheart let the two females settle down, before she spoke again. "My name is Fireheart. What might I call you two?"

Andranis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:55 pm
SilverLutz

Kumbuko tilted her head. Hadn't she just introduced them...? She looked at her daughter in confusion, ready to ask her, when Safi interrupted her.

"If you mean alternate names to our birth names, then call me Brew Mistress." She gave a little smirk to herself, thinking of the concoction of fermented fruit juices and honey she'd perfected on the Cursed One. And maybe that weird little black-haired golden lion... Supposedly, he was going to be their king, but he was actually the FIRST to leave and cause the would-be pride to collapse. "I'd be happy to find a profession that would allow me to make my brew..." She grinned, causing her nose to wrinkle up. "I just hope the lions around here can HANDLE it!"

The bright purple lioness shook her head, frowning at her daughter. "You and your brew!" The way Ni'andama's older son had gotten sick from it... He'd had a headache all morning after drinking it! Xavier had laughed and called it a 'hangover,' but Kumbuko called it 'doing something stupid.' She contemplated an alternate name to her own, frowning a bit to herself, then sighed. "I suppose you can call me.. Soothsayer." She tilted her head, inclining it a little. "I'm a seer... Though I'd rather not touch anyone, it triggers disjointed visions..." She'd begun to find if she DIDN'T touch... She Saw better things.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:46 pm
Fireheart nodded, lifting a paw in apology. "Here we have two names. Our birth name, and our gypsy name. You'll have to forgive me...I forgot that you wouldn't know that." It seemed they already had names in mind, though, or at least ones that were at the ready. She nodded, approving of both of their little nicknames.

"Brew Mistress and Soothsayer," she echoed, snorting softly at the challenging words. "You will find many here, Brew, that will gladly stand to any challenge you offer. Some foolishly so," she added with a fond chuckle. Her pridemates were an interesting bunch, that was for certain. And, from the looks of it, two more were going to be added to those ranks.

At the mention of being a Seer, Fireheart turned her attention to the elder of the two newcomers. "A Seer? We do appreciate having those around," she said with a nod. "And I'll be sure not to touch you. Just pass the word to those you meet, and they'll respect your wishes." Most of them, anyway. And those who didn't would have to answer to her.

"Did you know of us here?" she added, peering from the colorful to the plain lioness. "Or did you just happen upon our lands?"

Andranis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:31 pm
SilverLutz
I think one more post from us each? surprised

There was a bit of hesitation at this from the purple lioness. "Well... You could say you were already known of... See... A... Lion... Told us about this pride, though he said that at the time he passed through, the lands were under the influence of a god of some sort that made everybody insane. We've felt no different since getting here, so we can only presume that the god's left or their influence was lifted." She shook her head. "I'm just glad we didn't run into the lioness he mentioned..."

Safi glanced at her mother, then looked to Fireheart. Already using their little nicknames.. "He said she was insane in a different way... More than happy to attack, even near the border and further away from the influence of whatever enchantment was on the lands." She didn't know if it was a blessing or a curse... Xavier had never mentioned that much, only that another god had put SOMETHING on the land. "So... There's other lions here who mix things?" Her interest had been piqued. She had to meet some of these other lions!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:43 pm
That made the lioness frown deeply. It had been many months since the insanity had been lifted, but knowing that others were spreading the word of the Kizi was a bit unsettling. They were supposed to be a secretive pride, but...lots of the old members did disappear after the goddess left. She supposed there could only be so much secret left after that.

"I see," she said quietly. "Well. The insanity has left us, thankfully, so there is nothing to fear. You are both very welcome here," she added, her expression softening just a bit. "And yes, Brew, there are those with many talents here. Brewing among them. But I meant that there are many here that would gladly be 'test subjects' to your brews. The insanity may be gone, but those of this pride aren't exactly normal."

She was quiet for a moment longer before nodding and turning, inviting the two females to follow her. "Come with me," she said as she began to walk. "I'll lead you into the heart of the pride. You'll be able to find your way soon."

Andranis
Sounds good! Last post from me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:26 am
SilverLutz
And done! That took a while to do... emotion_donotwant Work got in the way gonk (And if Safi's part seems short... It actually popped her right over the 500-word minimum for her participation in the RP >3> ~

The purple lioness shot her daughter a disapproving look, not liking that she'd blurted that out. She then looked at Fireheart. "Well, we heard it quite a while ago, so it's understandable if the information was out-dated. Besides, he never really told anybody outside a tiny group of us. It was just us and our other friend. Her sons and a lion that was supposed to lead us had already long-ago left..." And they'd not exactly told anyone themselves. They'd made sure their companion had kept her trap shut. She began to walk, following Fireheart.

Brew could only smile, before it turned into a grin. "Challenge accepted..." She was going to be VERY happy to find lions to test her brew on! She practically pranced as she followed along with her mother.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items