Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Rhiannon, the Witch Reaper [Accepted]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LuckyCat777

Magical Girl

15,375 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:56 am
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Rhiannon
Nicknames: Ri, Ri-Ri

Faction: Reaper
Race: Witch

Natural Ability: Minor spellcasting. She isn't very advanced, but she can do simple tasks such as lighting a candle, enchanting her pencil to draw by itself, creating a handful of water, etc.

Personality:

*Ri may look thorny and cold form afar, but hiding under all that armor is someone looking to make at least one good friend.
*She likes to create something she could call her own and needed a way to channel her emotions into something positive, that said, she is somewhat interested in fashion and also likes to draw and paint (hence the creative glitter skirt) you can sometimes see her drawing in a sketchbook, painting, or haunting the shelves of the library.
*Not many creeple know it, but when she was a younger scareling, she was on the popular side, being a part of a life-long clique who only cared about having the most expensive newest clothes and technology. Ever the quiet and trustworthy one, Ri-Ri was the ghoul they went to for advice on a matter or if they needed someone who’d always keep a secret.

Until the day her ‘best friends’ decided to bully another ghoul until she cried. After standing on the sidelines watching them with disgust and hearing their hurtful comments on her rather plain appearance or how poor the ghoul’s family must be, Rhiannon spoke up for her and stood up to her so-called friends, giving the ghoul a chance to escape.

The act of defiance towards her only friends made her an outcast, and alone, she realized how shallow she had been and promised she would never become one of them again.

*She tried to change her appearence completely by wearing the common, dark-colored clothes of the other scarelings as rebellion against the populars, but with her interest in being original and creative, it wasn’t her style. She couldn’t hold back who she had been in the past and decided to show that with her favorite color: pink. Unusual, but hey, pink is a truly scary color to begin with...
*The time Ri spent alone with her anger and misguided promise had hardened her and made her distrusting of others, causing her to withdraw into her own world.
*Because she’s only been with her ex-friends since she could remember, she doesn’t know how to make new ones. And having only her books, sketchbook, and EyePod as constant companions, she’s forgotten how to be social, always making an excuse to escape conversation.
*Even though she has found quite a few acquaintances, but her friends’ betrayal prevents her from trying to take it any further or accepting an offer to ‘hang out’.
*Rhiannon is normally reserved, but if she has the chance to defend someone or to fight for what she believes in, she will run headfirst into battle.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Because she has to, they have a great library and better art supplies...? No? Oh, okay.
Ri is enrolled in Amityville to further her education in the arts and to be taught the ways of the Reaper, and she hopes to find new friends. She also hears there's many more fashion designers and artists she's never even heard of in the Human World, like Arm-ani, Salvador Darkly and Monsterangelo, and of course, everyone knows you have to go to Amityville to learn anything about that.

FEAR Ability:
Grief [Headlights]
Opponent is overcome with the feeling of extreme despair; may cause target to lose a turn.

Physical Description:
References: (Premade art thanks to Bittiface!) heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 am
Took down 'Ready' tag to fix things. Apparently, "TiH: you're doing it wrong, RP n00b!" sweatdrop

So i've read almost all the things and i'm still lost about Natural and Fear Abilities. I assumed she really didn't have a Natural ability, if she's just a witch reaper? I've also thought up something that was supposed to be for her Fear ability, but maybe it should be considered for her Natural ability?

Shadow of a Doubt- She's capable of 'shadowing' her target's feelings. When used for beneficial purposes, she can help a friend when they're upset or in low self-esteem and make them feel better. When used maliciously, can cause intense feelings of grief, pain, doubt in abilities/sense of self, or heighten her opponent's own feelings of anger and discontent, making them easy targets for her staff or other's weapons.

Anyway, thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Hi?  

LuckyCat777

Magical Girl

15,375 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am
HI AGAIN~ I'm on the comp now so I should be able to better explain myself.

Every student has a natural ability! If you're going with a witch, I'd suggest looking at the ones listed as examples here for inspiration. Of course you're not beholden to either and can choose a different natural ability so long as any member of the species can do so. For instance, AyeAvast's witch chose to have Broom Flight as one of her natural abilities, then later improved her spellcasting! The Shadow of Doubt one is a little dubious to me for use since it involves GMing someone's emotional state, but that's just me; it feels more like a Fear ability personally. You can check this guide on nat abilities if it helps~

On that note, for Fear attacks I'd suggest looking here to fit something under a category! To me, the description for Shadow of Doubt sounds like either Headlights (ie. the opponent is overcome with negative emotions and loses a turn) or The Mind (ie. the opponent becomes distracted by nagging doubts that cause them to drop accuracy in battle) depending on how you want to swing it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:13 pm
Mmm... if I may. This isn't so much help with abilities and such as I'm not the best to help, but if I may inquire about her personality a bit?

Wearing black isn't a particular sign of 'emo' in Halloween. Actually it's a fairly normal color. Though why did she choose an absolute turn to being doom and gloom rather than friendly? Was it something due to her family, something friends did? We understand she made that change after realizing it didn't matter as much, but not what brought that epiphany. Honestly it would add a lot of depth to know why she would make such a huge change to her outlook, because then you can see a basis of what may make her 'tick.' So to speak anyway.

As well, why is it that people are drawn to pay attention to her when she speaks? Is it how she might exude confidence? How knowledgeable to tends to be? What about it draws their attention? What's makes her insight something that makes those around her stop to care particularly to her words? Because, sadly, people aren't just going to listen because it's the first thing she's said typically. Well some would, perhaps.

So what kind of help does she offer friends? Is she the type to tend to give advice? Is she just a good listener? You said all she does is sit and look pretty a lot, but how does she truly interact? She sits and stares and nothing more? Being a good person is good, but if her friend showed up in tears because their boilfriend dumped them how would she react? Would she be angry to the boilfriend? Empathetic? Cook some spookies? We don't know other than 'she'd try to help.' But there are a lot of ways to look at things as helping. Again, this goes into understanding how she ticks.

Is there a reason she likes fashion? Does it have to do with that change from being 'prima fashionista' to what she is today? Does she want people to embrace her personal style and accept it more, is it because she likes pink? She wants others to like it more?

We have some basics, but expanding on those would be good? It gives us a better idea of how your character might react, and why they'd act that way. It also gets you thinking about how they may react to X or Y. Because that can happen. It probably will. You know how crazy the world gets.

I guess my point is to ask yourself. Why does she do this? Why does she like that? Because having a good personality basis you like and can understand and react with is what's most important in a character to me. Otherwise... how can you have fun roleplaying? Above being able to cast bolts of lightning, shapeshift, or whatever it be... you have a personality. And having fun with that as a base is what's the most important thing. So I hope it helps... maybe gets ya thinking on what she might or might not do?

When you know what she loves and why... perhaps then her natural ability will click into place?

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

LuckyCat777

Magical Girl

15,375 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm
Hey, Ol-j! Fixed the Fear ability, but i'm still stuck on Natural. Hopefully something will come out of it in the near future.

Raja

Actually, I haven't RP'd. As in ever, I feel extremely honored to have won. So feedback such as yours really help me out a lot. biggrin

I wasn't really aiming for "emo", so much as 'that quiet kid in the back of the class you've seen around, but don't really know". She doesn't speak often, which is why I felt others would take notice, because for her to say anything, it must be of great importance. My thoughts (just by going off her art), is that she looks average for a student, but the finer details: the cocked eyebrow, pink and glitter, straight curtain of hair; makes her a sort of rebel by choice.

Because of looking through past examples, I was also trying to keep it short and sweet, but now I see I can add a lot more of a backstory! heart I shall attempt a nice one just for you~  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:52 pm
LuckyCat777

Mmmn if you've never really RP'd then it'll help more to think about the 'why' behind the what. But remember, don't do it for me, do it for yourself. You'll want to have understanding of what your character thinks before you start.

And you can be as brief or as complete as you'd want, but usually giving a reason for trait and habits is a good idea. Otherwise you're just tossing it in as a 'well it seems to add depth?'

Real depth and fun comes from adding those bits. Keep in mind you don't need a 200 page biography, just... explain a little of why or how you mean that. Saying she's 'nice' brings a lot of different things to mind. I guess that's one way to put it anyway.

And that is true for some. Some might listen because the quiet ghoul spoke up, but there are a lot who wouldn't. They might just think she was clueless or something instead. It really depends. Now if her tone was one that showed some deep confidence deep down perhaps creeple will be more likely to stop and take heed. But then, if that's the case, why does she have that deep rooted faith in her own judgement? What brought it about?

Knowing those things is important for you. Giving the rest of the world a taste of it will entice them to want to find out what makes her act the way she does. *w*

For the record, suggestions I made are by no way the right path, just ideas. This is your character, you should roleplay it the way you want. You know, with regard to shop setting, but if you aren't going to enjoy it it's not right. Just because her art seems to say she should be rebellious doesn't mean she has to. Make a character YOU are going to have fun with. Because in the long run you're the one playing her. *w*

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

LuckyCat777

Magical Girl

15,375 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:10 am
Settled on spellcasting because she was starting to sound like a succubus with all the emotional stuff and I was not heading in that direction...

+1 Background story, and I think I might be missing something, but better?

Ol-j-man

Raja

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:04 pm
Alrighty honey bunch! One last bit of crit and then you should be good to go!
Don't forget to post her to be looked over in the Enrollment Thread located somewhere at the top of the Questing Sub-forum. Its stickied and should be pretty easy to find. XD

The only thing that might be difficult for her is how she's reluctant to make new friends. Her worry for being hurt again is totally legit, but just be careful not to get too attached to that idea or she really won't have any friends! And that'd be sad! ;3;

Also, all Reapers instinctively know how to use their weapons. Perhaps not super well, but their weapons are an extension of their Fear, literally a part of them, so Rhiannon should at least have a basic idea of how to use her staff. Its totally ok to say she wants to learn more or get a better handle on it (maybe she's not tapping into her full potential?), instead of how to use it at all. Its also alright if she explores how it works, but by this point she should have some idea of how to get it to help her cast spells and what not.

Alright! I think that's it! Everything else looks pretty good! OuO//  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am
[qupte="LuckyCat777"]
Rhiannon has been approved! You may create her journal, get her certed, and begin RP!

*enroll message goes here*  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:20 am
LuckyCat777

As Selene slid another application into the bin, a second piece of paper was spit out of it, falling into her lap. She picked it up and bent in closely to read, as there was rather a lot of fine print, but the end of the paper had a very clear area for her signature.

In tiny, tiny letters, she read something about it asking her for her soul gem, and signing a contract.

She flickered her eyes up to the bin, which had grown two very eerie red eyes, and was staring at her unblinkingly.

The paper was given to a gnome later that day, who signed a contract and was transformed into a beautifully dressed, yet still somehow hairy, little magical gnome.

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items