Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Lareina the Mage Reaper (Accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Mist

Galactic Cleric

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 pm
User ImageAMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Lareina
Semantics: "La reine" in French means The Queen
Nicknames: Feel free to use Lady, Queen, Your Highness..

Faction: Reaper
Race: Mage

Natural Ability: Elemental affinity - air specialization.

Personality:
Pride in what I do: Lareina holds herself to high standards and expects others to recognize her hard work. She makes a point to complete things to perfection and refuses to accept failure. Her determination in getting things done makes her both productive and annoying.

Gotta catch 'em all: As a reaper, Lareina takes her position seriously and wants to be the best there ever was. She is also highly organized and will take the time to document souls to reap and assign them metadata and index them for easier reference.

You're going to like me: In Lareina's pursuit of perfection, it is only natural then that everyone else admires her. If someone dismisses her or ignores her, she will go out of her way to make her presence known to them. Repeatedly. Those that instantly like her are deemed worthy of her presence, and she cherishes them greatly.

FEAR Ability:
[Y1 - The Mind] Zephyr - With the shot of an arrow made of Fear, a rush of wind follows in its wake, causing her opponent's attacks to waver.

[Y2 - Swift Strikes] Tempest Anchor - A two-step process that acts as crowd control. Lareina shoots an arrow which will create a magic circle at the distance she intends for. The forming of the lines is her own Fear power taking proper form, and when complete, will issue a torrent of wind. She generally uses this overhead, parallel to the ground so as to rain down bolts of air and pin her opponent down. Although it can cover a wider area, the time it takes to shoot the arrow and create the magic circle leaves her defenseless, and the duration isn't as long as she'd like.

The winds of change are approaching.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:49 am
psst don't forget to choose an existing fear technique to match to her FEAR abilities! they can be found here :3

(i guess your Y1 fear attack would probably be the mind as it, like zephyr, weakens your opponents combat abilities)  

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

Lady Mist

Galactic Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:25 am
Whoops, thanks!

It said The Mind lowers accuracy rather than damage, so I went with the stacking of The Eye since that one lowers damage over time (which is what her arrow does 8'D) although it's primary effect as booster doesn't really apply, so not sure..

The point in her attack weakening damage was the idea of pulling out Fear, and that was intended as an ode to yee olden Reapers. 'Cause with Reapers, it said that the first type of reaper was Grim Reaper, who would pull Fear from dead humans. So an attack to "pull fear" was sort of my salute to that XD Since she's dressed so fancily, she has a sort of "traditionalist" and classic air about her, which actually is the opposite of her progressive nature, so it provides a sort of stark contrast. She's trying to make her own place in the world : >

So, not really sure how to go about fixing these so it's applicable to battle while still accurate to her character :/  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:08 am
Lady Mist
that's not actually how the eye works for stacking, you are casting it on yourself, and someone else is casting it on you, making you even more likely to hit. (it lowers their damage modifier aka the number they take off their attack, not their damage over time) Basically in TIH battles reducing the modifier is increasing your chance to hit, since lowering the modifier is lowering the number you take away from your roll, rather than decreasing the chance. all the mechanics are hereee  

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

Lady Mist

Galactic Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 am
Blargh, I don't see any way to do a direct translation of what I was aiming for then : < Will just have to go without the symbolism XD But that's fine too! The Mind it is!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:20 pm
yeah, the battle system can be a little counter-intuitive, i was confused by it the first time i saw things XD

i don't suppose you could work the symbolism into her natural ability somehow? idk how that would work  

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

Lady Mist

Galactic Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:50 pm
Yeah, I'll figure something out for a symbolic tie-in, so I'm not too worried : > So long as it's set to work in battle, it'll work for now XD Gives me a base to build on~

And thanks so much for your help! <3  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 pm
Lady Mist
Lareina is approved for RP! You can get her certed, create her journal, and jump in!

*enroll message here*  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash