Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Mind Over Matter (Invi and Lan) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 pm
She was worried. She did try to not bother Invictus with her personal problems; one part pride, one part embarrassment, and two parts not wanting to bother him with what was ultimately her problems, kept Lan from seeking him out the vast majority of the time.

Well that and her homework, she was terrible with her homework. She'd memorized roughly all of the book's contents, all of his annotations.. But she still doubted she'd do well in the face of being tested.

A small sigh, she made her request to see him, arriving at the time specified. Led around it was a private matter, the room small but open. The small table in the center of the room only decorated with a small flower arrangement. One that had Lan frowning internally. One of the flowers was tilted too far to the right, an unnatural angle. It bothered her. But she wasn't here to fuss over flower, she was here to fuss over her friend. Sitting down, she took a breath, closing her eyes to find her inner peace. This would not be.. an easy discussion she imagined. She did hope the tea she requested would come eventually. He might not drink it, but, the gesture would be there.  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:44 pm
The day Invictus was late to a meeting would be the day half the clan died of a heart attack. He was like a wizard - never arriving early, precisely when scheduled. The clock would have ticked the minute exactly when the flap of the tent swung open as the Protector stepped inside, seeming even less pleased with life in general than he usually was.

He said nothing as he sat down at the small table across from his cousin, yet it wasn't her he was looking at as he took his seat. In fact, he was staring quite pointedly at the table.

After a moment, he carefully reached out and adjusted that out of place flower. Only then did he finally look away from it and back to Lan.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:57 pm
Bowing her head as he entered, she waited until he had seated himself before looking up. The flower fixed, she almost smiled. Almost. But it was held back. There was always a way in which those of the clan carried themselves, and Invictus did not look pleased. Yet as far as she knew, it was not directed at her, not yet anyway. A few moments of silence she spoke.
"Thank you for agreeing to speak with me. I realize that you have other matters to attend to so I will try not to keep you long." The problem of just how to bring up the subject had been run in her mind a dozen times, none with a highly favorable result. Her eyes focused on the flowers, trying to find the right words, if there were even such a thing for the situation.

"You are familiar with that which has... affected Mengyao Miao?" She made it a question, less to if he was familiar with insanity, more if that the horsemen had it, and to the extent it had taken hold.  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:02 pm
She probably should have been concerned that she had known the flower was off but he had to fix it, but that would be a lecture for another time. Mostly because she had asked him a question about one of the nobles.

"We are aware of who he is and that he seems to be having...." Invictus lightly touched the grey that still cracked away at his own face and fingers. "What of it?"

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:10 pm
She would always get lectures. Because that was just how things were for her. Still, he made a tiny nod of her head, finally looking up at her cousin. She kept her face neutral, yet she couldn't help her tone, the fragment of worry that snuck it's way in.

"His recent actions have become... concerning." It was no secret that they had a friendly sort of almost sibling like rivalry, but- "I fear he has begun to lose his grasp on himself. His actions are far from the horsemen I have known."  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:14 pm
"And what are you asking me to do of it, Lan? Are you requesting that we stage an intervention?" he inquired, not sounding as though he was entirely uninterested in the idea, but rather that he wasn't sure why she'd want him to handle such a thing.

"If he continues on this path, do you fear it would be a merciful thing to destroy him?"

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 pm
There was a visible tensing at his suggestions, ending with her jumping slightly at the ide she wanted Mengyao destroyed. "No! I-" She swallowed back down the outburst, the small lean gone as she resumed her posture in her seat. "I would never want that. Despite whatever grievances he causes, I would never wish him to be destroyed, not if there is hope." She let out a small breath she'd been holding.

"You overcame it, and returned to us- the clan. I have faith in Mengyao, but I worry that his actions will see him harming those he cares for at an even greater level. He attacked me in the woods-" the look in her face showing without words it had been an act of aggression, of rage, "-and later I find he had lashed out at the woman he loves, one who reciprocates his feelings. After we fought and he went unconscious I took him to the physician; I know he did not wish it, but I feel... helpless. His struggle is one I do not fully understand, and I fear for him. I fear this change in him, more, I fear I cannot help him. So I wish to ask, is there a way I might help him? Something to at the very least, ease what plagues him and his mind?" She hoped there might be something, anything she could do. She desperately wanted to hope that her friend might have some form of peace.  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:57 pm
"Controlling something and overcoming it are different things. Because you can keep the volcano from erupting does not mean there is no longer a volcano, Lan." he answered stiffly. "We returned, but do not mistake that as having been cured. We accepted that what bubbles inside of us is...a part of us. There is not one Invictus and one Insanity. We are one being - and that is what keeps us from being consumed. It is a matter of picking battles. Unfortunately for Mengyao, it sounds as though the battles he has chosen are unwise."

He tapped the table with a finger.

"There are times when forcibly struggling against something will only make it stronger because it makes you tired from all that work."

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:12 pm
She wished the volcano would go away, it certainly would make things easier. But, he told her more then she had known previous, and while it was good to have the insight, it was also not what she had hoped to hear. She wasn't sure in Mengyao had tried to fight it, he'd been composed in the past, the two times she's seen him 'fall' being quick, returning lacking in some memory until prompted. Now she just seemed to be lashing out for no particular reason.

"I think I understand it a little better then. If I may, might I ask a more personal question, in regard to your experience?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:25 pm
"We can't promise our answer will be insightful." Invictus answered, "But you may."  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:40 pm
Well, she could ask, so it was worth a shot, in the dark or not. Nodding her head in a small thanks, she asked, "Is or was there something that helped you? Not all are the same, but, it might be something to at the very least, encourage Mengyao to try."  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 pm
"Our entire existence was shattered. Insanity is what pulled the pieces back together. So in some senses...no." he answered calmly, however his hand hovered over that spot on his chest - not the wound of a scythe, but something else.

"However, we feel as though it was for someone else we were reformed. I would not go as far as to say that it was the power of love, but perhaps the strength of a bond that even if we wanted to we would never be free of. A tether."

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:02 am
Part of her wanted to say that he was being helpful, even if he wasn't giving her some hidden trick to solving the problem that was Mengyao. She did not miss the motion of his hand, yet made no mention or signal that she did not understand the gesture. Overall, Lan waited, a silent listener. Her mind ran to the one person that she could see 'tether' Mengyao... who he had attempted to cut ties with. Foolish, stubborn mule.

"The clan is lucky then that such a bond exists. I do not know what might hold Mengyao to us, but, I have an educated guess to who it might be, if it is a person. It is a possible start." A small clatter, a horsewoman entered, quickly and silently pouring tea before leaving. The smell, if anything, was nice. Lan could have used it sooner.

"Is there anything you would caution me against? What might.. push him further rather than aid him."
demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 pm
"Sometimes... a desire is stronger than a bond. You might be well advised to see if such a thing exists within him."  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 pm
Eyes moving to the tea, Lan picked at her memory to what Mengyao wanted. As it stood- she had no idea. Well, he had reason to visit him anyway, now she had a thing to pry for.
"I will see then. You have been a great help to me, both in understanding and aiding me in better knowing how I might help my friend." She paused. She'd called him her friend more recently more frequently. Perhaps her fear of loss was making her voice her feelings more.

"...Thank you. If there is anything you need of me I am as always, at your disposal." The back of her mind was screaming suddenly concerned about the book and her memorization of it.  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff