Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Imagin'

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Woltz_Sandage

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:22 pm
So this starter story was found on a dinosaur of a laptop. I think I wrote this idea seed a long time ago. So this is like a note to self. I'm writing this here so I can read it later and see if I can't remember my thoughts when typing this and if I can't write it again. This time, if I try to publish a book, it'll be long, adventrous, and done right.

Imagin'

"Jack! We gotta get out of here!"
"I know Billy just run!"
"I've never seen anything like them Jack, what in the world are they?" Billy screamed as he was running. Behind the two, there were two men following them. One was short and chubby like a pig with a grummpy look about him while the other was as tall as a house and as skinny like a monkey, his look broad and grimm. They were both wearing suits and chasing the two young men. "You've really got some explaining to do Jack."
"You have my word, Billy, I'll tell you everything as soon as we loose them. This way!" Jack screamed as he pulled Billy into a doorway. The two men running past and searching the street for Jack and Billy.
"OK Jack, what are these things? They can't be human, just look at the tall one, he's huge." Billy demanded looking at Jack and panting from the running he just did.
"These things are beings called Imagi's. They are things created by people all over the world, their dreams, memories, and even nightmares. At some point these were imagined by someone, and became real." Jack explained. "They are often harmless, living in a world similar to our own. But sometimes they get out."
"What do you mean get out?" Billy asked as he was watching the street where the two imagi's were looking for them. "And why are they looking for us?"
That's all I got so far. What do you think? Anything I should add to the story to make it better and any suggestions period? Also if you go to google translate and put in "Imagi's", it sounds so cool when you hit the audio translate.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm
So, is this just a characterization exercise?  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Woltz_Sandage

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:41 pm
Honestly I'm not sure. I wrote this part ages ago, as a reminder story. What I was wondering is if the information provided would work with a book.

How the readers would be introduced to a new world. Where everything imagined by all humans comes to light. The good, the bad, the worlds, the creatures, everything. And these two would go on a adventure to find someone they've lost through a imagin world hole.

That's the basic idea behind this. I'm trying to find if it would be something interesting or not.  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:55 am
It seems like it has potential.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Woltz_Sandage

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:31 pm
Been thinking of changing it to where instead of the Imagin going to our world, our two young heroes fall into their world through a doorway. Once they are in there, they have the ability to do anything they've ever imagined before they entered the world. Not going to be god modding it of course.

I don't know how I'm gonna start it, but the idea is that they walk out of their apartment for the last day of comic con. They are cosplayed as their custom zombie survivalists. They walk into the con, and they see a zombie apocalypse maze. They go into it, open some doors and see a barred door. Billy, who is one of the main characters tries to open it cause he hears what he thinks is the con on the other side. He barges through and both him and another young boy fall into the street of a busy city. Dirty under their feet and strange creatures around them. Guards come to meet them and arrest them.

The idea is that the world itself is made up of different worlds people have imagined before, all of them put together to form one big world. The creatures that were imagined are living in harmony sort of. Imagined houses where imagined creatures are living. Imagined items being sold by more imagined creatures.

But there is of course a dark land, a black land, where the darkest imaginative thoughts reside. And it's there where the adventure story would start, something there would cause a war to break out between the light and the dark. Where the imagined would have to fight for a final fight to survive. If the dark win, evil rules the world and will be let out into our hero's world. If the light win, then the evil will be gone from the land and our world would change for the better just a tad bit.

The idea is that the guards have taken the two hero's to a scholar where they are to learn about the world they've entered. They are to learn about their powers and how they can fight against this evil being and win. They then walk amongst the town, learning, and buying gear and weapons to replace their props. One of them learns about a weapon he imagined long ago and works to master it. And while in the town they meet the third member of our party, a young woman who was imagined. She joins them on their journey and so on.
This was all just imagined by me on the spot but if I write this, you gotta understand how hard it is for me. Imagining a world of imagination. Where each creature has to be imagined up and imagining the world. My imagination meter is going off the charts.

But what do you think of that plot?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:56 pm
Woltz_Sandage
Honestly I'm not sure. I wrote this part ages ago, as a reminder story. What I was wondering is if the information provided would work with a book.

How the readers would be introduced to a new world. Where everything imagined by all humans comes to light. The good, the bad, the worlds, the creatures, everything. And these two would go on a adventure to find someone they've lost through a imagin world hole.

That's the basic idea behind this. I'm trying to find if it would be something interesting or not.

My goodness! You didn't quote me, so I had no idea you replied. I'm sorry sweatdrop
You're like me. I find that I am always writing excerpts of stories. You and I just need to write the entire thing. (Don't take offense to this. I'm more scolding myself than you.)  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Woltz_Sandage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:49 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Woltz_Sandage

My goodness! You didn't quote me, so I had no idea you replied. I'm sorry sweatdrop
You're like me. I find that I am always writing excerpts of stories. You and I just need to write the entire thing. (Don't take offense to this. I'm more scolding myself than you.)

None taken. If I there was a job in writing excerpts of stories, I'd take it instantly.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games