Sikukuu Needs A Co-Owner! CLOSED Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome! I am searching for help with my pride!
You can learn more about Sikukuu HERE!
Learn about the many celebrations HERE!
Please read about the pride if you haven't before!

Life has turned busy for Tal, and so I am looking for an individual who can help me run Sikukuu! I need someone to help with pridal events, contests, and RP, and who is active in SoA. This person needs to be able to work with me, but also be reliable to work on things on their own as well. It's an exciting opportunity, and includes owning one of the two royal lions who will lead the pride after the coming meta. I'm so looking forward to finding someone to work with me to make Sikukuu wonderful, engaging, and interactive!

The form below is to help me get a feel for you and what you could offer the pride! Don't be afraid of your answers, because I'll be considering all applications! If you are interested, please come apply!

OPENS: May 14th
CLOSES: JULY 1ST

RULES

1. Don't discourage someone from entering. It's not nice!

2. Proposed celebrations should have some resemblance to something celebrated in the United States. If you'd like to propose something more exotic, be ready to present reasons why it should be included!

3. Try to be original. There may be some overlapping ideas that bear some similarity, but there should be plenty of room for unique creativeness.

4. Please only apply if you are serious about helping with Sikukuu. I'd rather not have to run this again!

5. Applications and questions can be posted in this thread. No conversations though, please!

6. If, for some reason, you have celebration ideas but don't wish to apply to be a co-owner, feel free to PM your idea.

7. While I really want to find a co-owner, I reserve the right to postpone choosing, or to not pick anyone at all.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Fill this out and post it here!

[align=center][color=indigo][size=18][b]SIGN ME UP![/b][/size][/color][/align]

[b]Your Name:[/b]

[b]Kaskazi Clan is missing some celebrations. Please choose a slot and tell me what celebration you'd put there and describe the activities:[/b]

[b]Brief explanation of why you chose your proposed celebration and its details:[/b]

[b]Game/Contest Idea for your proposed Celebration:[/b] (You may assume prizes for your game idea. Please explain how the game will work OOCly.)

[b]Do you have any Sikukuu members (or soon-to-be members)?:[/b]
[b]Favorite SoA species:[/b]
[b]Favorite SoA character you own and why:[/b]

[b]Have you created or co-owned a pride before? If so, which one(s)?:[/b] (I/Ts count!)
[b]Why do you like Sikukuu?:[/b]
[b]Can you make banners?:[/b] (This includes having an art program and the skill to make them.)
[b]If you have made banners before, please link an example:[/b]

[b]Links to five RPs begun since the beginning of the year:[/b]
(Complete RPs preferred. If you don't have five total, give me those you have anyway!)

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:08 pm

What if I can't make banners?
That's okay! It isn't a required thing, even if it is useful. Go ahead and apply, because your other skills and imagination may be just what I'm looking for!

I only have one SoA!!
While I'd rather someone with experience with the shop, newbies are just as likely to be full of ideas and willingness to help with a pride as anyone else. Don't let your newness keep you from applying!

What if I haven't done five RPs since the start of the year?
Go ahead and give me the RPs you have done, so I can see your rp style!

I've had RPs begun, but my rp partners have been slow. Can I submit unfinished RPs?
Yes! While I prefer finished or nearly finished RPs, I understand how slow rping can be sometimes. (I'm one of those slow people!) Go ahead and submit what you have available!

I can't think of a celebration/game idea right off the bat... help?
Take your time! I'll be leaving this open for a while, so you have time to consider and come up with something. If you still are struggling, browse the web for ideas!  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:58 pm
SIGN ME UP!

Your Name: Rennekae - HA! I missed this the first time. XD;

Kaskazi Clan is missing some celebrations. Please choose a slot and tell me what celebration you'd put there and describe the activities.

Major Celebration: Midsummer
Midsummer is the Sikukuu celebration of the summer solstice. As such, it would be held on June 24 (the most common date for solstice celebration). While it is more widely celebrated elsewhere, it is celebrated in Canada and seems the obvious choice for a summer celebration.
The festivities would start early in the morning, rising with the sun. The traditions include singing songs and dancing, telling tales and crafts until the sun sets. Crafts are optional, but most often the crafts are wreaths/ribbons made from flowers or colored strips of fabric (either found that way, or dyed using berries and such).
Using metal objects to catch the rays of the setting sun, bonfires are lit at dusk and tended to ensure they burn throughout the night. The singing, dancing and tale-telling continue, but the crafting is replaced by bonfire jumping contests.
Shortly before midnight, the pride would organize and begin the search for the 'magic fern blossom'.
The celebration ends with the greeting of the rising sun; the pride members wash their face with a morning dew, and the single females float flowers away on the lake.

Brief explanation of why you chose your proposed celebration:
Well, it's 'Midsummer'. The celebration of the 'summer solstice'. It makes sense. XD;
EDIT: I think the activities fit the celebration of summer because a) fire. Fire is hot, summer is hot; the fire resembles the blazing sun; and it symbolizes the burning energy of life at it's zenith.
b) flowers. When I think of summer, I think of flowers in full bloom, at their most beautiful and fragrant. They, too, symbolize life in its prime. Besides, everyone enjoys flowers. Everyone that's not allergic anyways.
c) the magic fern blossom. This wasn't actually my idea. This is a main event is Lithuania's celebration of Midsummer. I just fell in love with it. But here's the excerpt of why they do it:

'There is only one fern to blossom in a single forest; it is hidden in such a nook that you need to be exceptionally lucky to find it', as was written by Józef Ignacy Kraszewski in his novel Kwiat paproci (The Fern Blossom).
Midsummer Night, the shortest night of the whole year, is full of secrets and magic. No wonder that the magic fern blossom, according to legend, blooms on that very night.
It is to show the way to great treasure, attract good luck, wealth and the ability to influence the feelings of others. Only a young, truthful, hard-working, virtuous and courageous person can find this magic plant: thunder, winds and earthquakes happen and devilish laughter can be heard when, at about midnight, the fern blossoms. Therefore the magic power of the blossom can only be poured over a true daredevil.
What is the fern blossom like? Unfortunately, that is something nobody knows. Tales include very interesting but divergent descriptions: the blossom is blue or gold; it shines with unusual light; it has five petals; it looks like a star or even… like a cheerful golden eye.
Midsummer Night is the time of courtship. Therefore, the search for the blossom was often taken up by lovers, expressing their love to each other in a tender embrace. The quest for the fern blossom was only an excuse to walk in the forest with their dearest person.

Game/Contest Idea for your proposed Celebration:
As mentioned before, the Bonfire Jumping Contest and the Search for the Magic Fern Blossom.
Bonfire Jumping Contests: would start with many competitors facing off in turns, eventually dwindling down to two-vs-two, and then to one as pride members give up or are disqualified. Disqualifications occur when a contestant fails to completely clear the flame or does not jump directly over the middle. The last one standing faces the previous year's champion to try to gain their title of Prince/ss of Flame.
EDIT: This game would be played by RNG. First, we'd need to organize a sign-up thread so that those interested could let us know. After we have all of our contestants, we can start the thread; everyone posts on their turn (we'd probably just go down the list for turns, first goes first and so on). Each post starts with a roll; depending on the roll, they would edit that post with what happened to their pride member. Numbers would be rolled from one to nine - at the beginning, 1 is disqualification by touching the flame, 2-8 is a clear jump and 9 is disqualification by not jumping over the middle. As time goes on, the numbers shrink to 1-3, 4-6 and 7-9. Less chance to win means this won't go on forever.
The Search for the Magic Fern Blossom: - would technically begin shortly before midnight. The pride would stop all other festivities and gather around the Summer King, who would tell the pride a riddle. The answer to the riddle reveals the location of the magic fern blossom - an impala lily - except gold where its pinkish - hidden by the Summer King. The one who finds the blossom gets to keep it with them (until the autumn when, of course, it will die) and earns the title of 'Fern Keeper' (working name, can't think of anything cooler haha).
EDIT: This would be played similar to this. We'd make a map, and each year choose a square. We would open the rp a day prior to posting the map, and anyone that wants in posts (of course late comers can still join after, this is just to get it going initially). After posting the map, we'll make the same request that people not choose the same square. They'd post their choice at the end in the same fashion. After everyone has chosen a square, The Summer King will announce the winner (with an added OOC post to say which square), or if no one chose the right square, he'd announce that everyone needs to keep looking.
If we have too many people and there has to be multiple people picking, we'll have to request that people go through the motions again (pick a square that only has one person so far). In the case that multiple people have chosen the winning square, we'd need to have a tie-breaker. Maybe an RNG? First to roll 'x' finds the flower, the other sees him finding the flower?

Do you have any Sikukuu members (or soon-to-be members)?: Yes; Nishati, you're doing her JRP. ;P
Favorite SoA species:
Favorite SoA character you own and why: Dhoruba'Kali, a lion in the Ki'Zaa pre-Lifting. He's my first SoA, and I love everything about him; his markings, his personality, his craziness.

Have you created or co-owned a pride before? If so, which one(s)?: Nope.
Why do you like Sikukuu?: I love the idea of so many contrasting clans living together in peace, and the fact that they revolve around the seasons just makes it so much better.
Can you make banners?: Decently enough.
If you have made banners before, please link an example: My Journal Banner

Links to five RPs begun since the beginning of the year:
One
Two
Three
Four - a SRP.
Five

Talencia
Edited!

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:38 pm
Rennekae
Major Celebration: Midsummer
Midsummer is the Sikukuu celebration of the summer solstice. As such, it would be held on June 24 (the most common date for solstice celebration). While it is more widely celebrated elsewhere, it is celebrated in Canada and seems the obvious choice for a summer celebration.
The festivities would start early in the morning, rising with the sun. The traditions include singing songs and dancing, telling tales and crafts until the sun sets. Crafts are optional, but most often the crafts are wreaths/ribbons made from flowers or colored strips of fabric (either found that way, or dyed using berries and such).
Using metal objects to catch the rays of the setting sun, bonfires are lit at dusk and tended to ensure they burn throughout the night. The singing, dancing and tale-telling continue, but the crafting is replaced by bonfire jumping contests.
Shortly before midnight, the pride would organize and begin the search for the 'magic fern blossom'.
The celebration ends with the greeting of the rising sun; the pride members wash their face with a morning dew, and the single females float flowers away on the lake.

Brief explanation of why you chose your proposed celebration:
Well, it's 'Midsummer'. The celebration of the 'summer solstice'. It makes sense. XD;

Could you tell me more about why those are things that would be involved in a summer solstice celebration? You can edit your form to add the information under your explanation.

Quote:
Game/Contest Idea for your proposed Celebration:
As mentioned before, the Bonfire Jumping Contest and the Search for the Magic Fern Blossom.
Bonfire Jumping Contests: would start with many competitors facing off in pairs, eventually dwindling down to two-vs-two, and then to one as pride members give up or are disqualified. Disqualifications occur when a contestant fails to completely clear the flame or does not jump directly over the middle. The last one standing faces the previous year's champion to try to gain their title of Prince/ss of Flame.
The Search for the Magic Fern Blossom: - would technically begin shortly before midnight. The pride would stop all other festivities and gather around the Summer King, who would tell the pride a riddle. The answer to the riddle reveals the location of the magic fern blossom - an impala lily hidden by the Summer King. The one who finds the blossom gets to keep it with them (until the autumn when, of course, it will die) and earns the title of 'Fern Keeper' (working name, can't think of anything cooler haha).

Could you add the way these games would be played OOCly, please? If you don't have a means for playing them, that's okay too, just leave it as is.

Also... Yay, first entry! ::does a happy dance::

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:58 pm
Thanks Ren! ::nudges the thread::  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:14 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:12 pm
::nudges::  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 pm
Saffy has kindly offered to color the future royal couple for us! I will be adding an image of them as soon as I am able!  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:01 am
The King and Queen who will assume the throne after the meta have arrived! Their images have been added. Once chosen, my co-owner will be able to choose one of the two shown.

Get those entries in, since I hope to start the meta during the summer, and it can only begin once I choose a co-owner.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:07 pm
::nudges:: I really could use the help, folks. Please?  
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 am
I'm working on an entry...  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:18 pm
Won't y'all come help me run Sikukuu? Come enter!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:21 am
SIGN ME UP!

Your Name: Annchen

Kaskazi Clan is missing some celebrations. Please choose a slot and tell me what celebration you'd put there and describe the activities: Major celebration: Midsummer festival

Other idea (not sure where it'd fit): Festival of music

Brief explanation of why you chose your proposed celebration and its details: I know, I know... It's not exactly a major American celebration, but I think it might be fun. It's one of the bigger holidays in Sweden but I tried to make sure it works in this setting instead.

The midsummer celebration marks the summer solstice and the shortest night of the year. That means lots of daylight for partying.

Other idea: I don't know about you, but around here summer is a time when lots of music festivals are going on. And I guess it's a little inspired by the Eurovision Song contest too.

Game/Contest Idea for your proposed Celebration: The midnight dance. The goal is to dance through the night, and the last one standing dancing is the winner.

It would be a dice game consisting of prompted rounds with increasing difficulty. Every contestant rolls a D100 and makes a RP post for each round. In the first round you need to roll 10 or higher to stay in the game. Next round 20 or more, and so on, as long as there are dancers left. The game master for the game would make posts to set the mood/hint at how long time have passed and tweak the dice roll goals to fit the number of participants.

Music festival:
It would be a good time to invite other prides of the musical inclination and play together. It could either be a contest where the best "band" wins, or just for fun.

A contest would be held as an ORP with IC voting or voting using a poll in the thread. The different bands or performers would each get a chance to RP out their performance, and anyone else would be able to react to it as they watched. When each "band" has played the voting starts. (We'd probably have to limit the number of "bands" to avoid the RP going on forever).

Do you have any Sikukuu members (or soon-to-be members)?: Yes, one cheetah with a JRP in progress.
Favorite SoA species: Leopard, and I have a soft spot for the fluffier lions.
Favorite SoA character you own and why: This one is hard… I think today it’s Skuld… She’s my second SoA ever, and she’s got a very strong personality that’s easy and fun for me to play. Oh, and she looks totally cool wink
Have you created or co-owned a pride before? If so, which one(s)?: (I/Ts count!) No, but I've worked as RP manager in Forest of Noctua.
Why do you like Sikukuu?: It’s so inclusive! And it’s nice with some drama-free fluff now and then. (but I don’t mind the drama on the horizon)
Can you make banners?: No
If you have made banners before, please link an example: N/A

Links to five RPs begun since the beginning of the year:
(Complete RPs preferred. If you don't have five total, give me those you have anyway!)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23604571 (finished meta with 5+ posts)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23580367
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23580295
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23770873
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23575287
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23600031

There are six links in case you don't feel like reading through a huge meta...

EDIT: Sorry about the similar celebration idea, I didn't read the other entry.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:54 pm
Two entries, yay! I think I will close this on JULY 1st! So please get those entries in!  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff