Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Chizoba Omiata - Mist Hunter (APPROVED)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annora Lyrisa

Invisible Genius

9,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:41 am
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter
Name: Chizoba Omiata
Nicknames: Zoba

Category: Mist

The Weapon
Name: Chiranjivi
Nicknames: Ranji, sometimes Ran
Type of Weapon: Katar
Former species of weapon: Vetala (Hindu mix of vampire and ghoul)

Personalities:
Hunter - Chizoba is mostly good-natured, though also more than a little superstitious and rather private by nature, tending to keep to herself. She feels no need to rebel against authority just for the sake of rebelling, but likewise, she is confident enough in her own skills and opinions that she will not blindly follow when her instincts tell her to use a different method. She tries to be diplomatic with others, but it doesn't always work, and when she suffers from foot-in-mouth syndrome, she usually just sighs and gives up trying to explain herself rather than make things worse by insisting. She very rarely holds grudges, but she will quite willingly seek both justice and vengeance for wrongs done to her.

When she is not focused on her tasks and her fights, Zoba's two favorite hobbies are food and the written word. With food, she loves seeking out food she enjoys - good food, but often simple food too. No food is too strange for her, nor is she afraid to try anything, but she's not quite as good when it comes to cooking. Certainly she can boil water, but she gets distracted from the actual cooking fairly easily, which leads to ruined dishes and disappointments. Because of that, she does her best to avoid cooking anything complex whenever she can, while still answering her love of food.

Her joy in the written word is much the same... she has little skill in writing prose or poetry, and yet she loves both and wants desperately to be better at it. When she became a hunter, she left behind her vague hopes of being a famous author, but occasionally the urge still takes over, and she leaves in her wake simplistic and useless poetry. Knowing she's not nearly as good as the authors she adores, she tends to hide her writings away. Her name is never on them, and if confronted with them in public, she will disavow knowledge of them.

Weapon - Ranji is terrifically straightforward, sometimes sarcastic, and glories in battle. It is to his great annoyance that Zoba wishes to be something more than a simple fighter, for he sees the rest of her jack-of-all-trades calling as procrastination and silliness. The world is black and white, and he knows precisely which side he's on, regardless of what Zoba may or may not think about any given situation. Despite all of that, or perhaps even because of it (who can fathom that intractable mind, after all), Ranji has a thread of affection for Zoba... particularly when she gives back as good as she gets, when she stands up for herself against harsh words and returns them to him twofold.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
(If your character participated in the original Hunter metaplot, then you've already written a solo that explains their reasons! Just link to that with a brief (2-3 lines, max) summary.

If not: all Hunters are human, chosen from among ordinary humans for their extraordinary ability to detect "evil beings". This abilty has affected them their entire life. The original solo guidelines are here: while, as a quest character, you do not have to write a solo yet, you should keep those guidelines in mind! Use them to develop your character's past, and their reasons for signing their life away to become a Hunter.)

Hunter - Zoba's family has always been the superstitious sort. She grew up on a vast library of old wives' tales, on disgusting concoctions to heal all ills - concoctions that no self-respecting doctor would ever prescribe, on being reminded to take special care of mirrors as often as she was to look both ways. These old wives' tales and superstitions were beliefs handed down for generation upon generation, with no solid link to reality and many of them completely missing reality by miles, but to Zoba they were fact, because she believed as she was taught to believe.

And she grew up special, seeing what her family spoke of, knowing for certain what her family only believed without hard evidence, seeing and knowing the creatures of FEAR for what they were. And more than anything else, Zoba grew up revering her grandmother as the one with all knowledge of the world. And so, as her grandmother reiterated, over and over, year after year of Zoba's life, that it was up to her to save the world, to protect all those who couldn't, to destroy the monsters before they destroyed the world, those words wormed their way into Zoba's consciousness.

When the choice came, there really was no choice.

Weapon Ability
Pockets of Instability: (Headlights) The weapon is capable of blasting out uneven pockets of shockwaves, causing the ground around to quake - sometimes faintly and sometimes with more force. The resultant uneven footing can cause the opponent to fall back or miss a blow entirely.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Eggplant
Hair Colour/Style: Old Velvet (base color) with tips of A Moment in Time. She wears thick dreadlocks that tend to fall to the base of her shoulderblades, with several of the dreadlocks caught up to form a topknot.
Skin Colour: Chocolate Truffle
Clothing Style/Colours: (All Hunters wear a standard 'uniform': a white coat trimmed with gold with their class sigil on the back. They also always wear a colorful scarf/sash as part of their uniform. No matter what, these two items of clothing must be included in your Hunter's design!) Chizoba tends to wear clothing influenced by or inspired from African traditional clothes. She prefers brightly colored outfits, but I'm quite happy to leave the specific clothing design to the artist's opinion of what looks best, and would very much like the clothing to utilize this palette.
Extra:
References:  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:31 am
What you have so far looks fantastic, but I would love to see you elaborate on her personality!

Also you'll need to choose a Fear mechanic for your weapon. You can find that here.

I think your weapons ability could probably work with the Headlights mechanics, though, but I'm not absolutely sure. Headlights will, in general and upon success, force your opponent to miss their turn while giving you an extra turn.

Looking forward to RPing with you! biggrin  

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:32 pm
MIST HUNTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Oh Candace will be so pleased to see another join their ranks <33333333

When you say they saw FEAR for what it was and needed to destroy the FEAR before it destroyed them, I almost feel like it's worded in a way that I think only citizens of Halloween and Hunters would refer to it as. How it's an actual substance and life force, y'know? I could just be reading it weirdly.

I see you got into their personalities a bit in the reasoning section, but I'd love to see more! <33 For Zoba I don't know...strengths, weaknesses..does she have hobbies? Are there certain things she feels more comfortable around/doing than others? Does she have any passions? Things like that. <3  
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am
Thank you both so much for your suggestions about what I still need to cover! I'm not ignoring either of you so much as kinda trying to work Zoba out in my head a little more thoroughly, so that I know that she's both someone interesting to play with and someone I'm capable of RPing. sweatdrop 'Write what you know' only goes so far when you're a boring person like me. wink  

Annora Lyrisa

Invisible Genius

9,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200

Annora Lyrisa

Invisible Genius

9,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:30 am
I've updated Chizoba's form to reflect more information about her personality, hobbies, and some strengths and weaknesses. I hope that I've got things squared away, but I welcome more advice!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:59 am
I like it! <3  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 pm
//Deus Ex Machina Entry Form 06. 19 .13

//Name: Chizoba Omiata
//Gender: Female
// Entry level: Trainee