Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 09. Chatterbox [Lounge]
Position Paper due Sunday... Ugh

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the Winter Nocturne

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:51 am
I have a position paper due Sunday for my health class... omg, it has been YEARS since I've had to write an essay, I wonder if I even remember HOW... Three pages...

I don't want to do this.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:55 am
"Choose any topic in our textbook and write a 3 page single-spaced position paper. A position paper takes a topic like Abortion for instance and supports one side of the debate. You must support one side not both sides. Paper must be typed and some topics are listed below:
*abortion *legalize marijuana *Legal drinking age * steroid use among athletes *dynamic vs. static stretching *Cardio vs weight lifting and a million more topics listed in our text."

What topic do you think I should do it on? For essays, am I allowed to throw in personal experiences? I can't remember... I am intrigued by the abortion, legal drinking age, and cardio vs weight topics that were used as suggestions here...

the Winter Nocturne

colon bracket
Crew

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:34 pm
Duuuude, this essay is a piece of cake.

Which topic is the most interesting to you?  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:40 pm
I suppose it should be easy. I'm just very insecure about my essay writing ability. It's been a good five years since I've written one.

Although, my friend has helped me by finding a few sites for my topic. I chose cardio vs weight lifting, for the weight lifting side.

the Winter Nocturne

colon bracket
Crew

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:37 pm
LEGALIZE WEIGHT LIFTING  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:49 pm
colon bracket
LEGALIZE WEIGHT LIFTING

LOL.

Not quite. More like the benefits of weight lifting vs cardio and how it's better for weight loss. Haha.

the Winter Nocturne

colon bracket
Crew

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:37 pm
LEGALIZE WEIGHT LOSS  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:54 pm
Intsructors/professors/teachers who limit the topics students can choose from are no fun! My English Comp II prof from last semester let us go wild with topics, and we came up with quite a few interesting ones.

As for personal experience, that can depend on the professor/teacher/what-have-you. My final essay in the aforementioned class last semester was on some of the challenges and victories faced by the transgender community, and a full third to half the essay's 3000 words were a short autobiography (got a 98% on it, too).  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

the Winter Nocturne

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 pm
Verienkeli
Intsructors/professors/teachers who limit the topics students can choose from are no fun! My English Comp II prof from last semester let us go wild with topics, and we came up with quite a few interesting ones.

As for personal experience, that can depend on the professor/teacher/what-have-you. My final essay in the aforementioned class last semester was on some of the challenges and victories faced by the transgender community, and a full third to half the essay's 3000 words were a short autobiography (got a 98% on it, too).

Wow, that sounds pretty impressive! biggrin

Yeah, this essay is going to be no fun. I just want to get it over with but I don't want to do it. Haha.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:58 am
It was a fun essay to write. I'm still amazed that I was the only person who put their essay up for everyone to read, though. Hopefully your essay is going well and you end up with a good grade. Good luck! biggrin  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

the Winter Nocturne

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:39 am
Verienkeli
It was a fun essay to write. I'm still amazed that I was the only person who put their essay up for everyone to read, though. Hopefully your essay is going well and you end up with a good grade. Good luck! biggrin

Thanks, love. I'm a page and a half in... so, only a page and a half left and my cited sources page to follow. Whew! I take forever to write, as well, because I try to perfect everything.

I would have loved to read an essay like that. It sounds great!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:36 pm
the Winter Nocturne
Verienkeli

Thanks, love. I'm a page and a half in... so, only a page and a half left and my cited sources page to follow. Whew! I take forever to write, as well, because I try to perfect everything.

I would have loved to read an essay like that. It sounds great!

Good thing that you can, then. biggrin  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

09. Chatterbox [Lounge]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas