Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 am
User Image

Mawi was almost always up first thing in the morning, this morning was a little different. The air was damp with moisture and the sun didn't help that was for sure. The moisture was what was keeping her up at night. Since the flood her nights have been a little more sleepless, her mind couldn't really handle the anxiety that went with the idea of another possible flood coming. In the back of her mind she knew it wasn't going to happen but there was still a small fear there.

Either way she was up now and heading toward the drum circle stretching her limbs as she walked.She was wondering what the other members of the pride were up to this morning. She knew that even though it wasn't as early as she was normally would be, she still knew that many of the pride was still sleeping. But at the same time that was going to stop her from getting ready. Off the bat she started to check out the drum circle and make sure it was okay and shortly after she started to check her supplies for the day. She wasn't that sure how many youngin's were going to come to work on drumbs but Mawi always made sure to fuss over her things to make sure that it was just right.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:38 pm
Yin-Bug

User Image

Bright-eyed and acutely aware of what chores awaited her, Nantale set out that morning before most had stirred. Safe water levels? Check. Clear skies? Check. Baboons faring well? Check. Everything else? Check, check annnd --

"Drum circle," Nantale mumbled. The last thing on her mental list.

By coincidence, she found herself approaching just as Mawi was taking inventory of their supplies.

The Malenga greeted her warmly. "Good morning, Mawi."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:45 pm
Hopefolly

The old tan lioness's ears pricked at the sound of another approaching her, and then speaking. A grin grew across her face as she recognized the voice that spoke, before turning, while she pushed a small gourd into it's place in line, she spoke. "Good morning Nantale." Her voice was ever so cheerful, nothing out of the ordinary for the lioness.

"It's very lovely to see some one else out this early." She remarked quite cheerfully as she turned around. That was something that Mawi was starting to turn into, a cheery grandmother, with just a few gray hairs speckling her chin and her tuff of hair. It came with the job, but it just generally came with age. She stretched her front legs out for a moment before continuing to talk "What are you up to this lovely day?"

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:00 pm
Yin-Bug

On the subject of early birds, Nantale couldn't agree more. Having company was a nice spin on her morning routine, given it was good company. Who could ask for better than Mawi?

Perhaps it was that Nantale had known her all her life that made it easier to be personable with the elderly lioness than most. The malenga smiled to her, for her, and stepped a bit closer. A distance more appropriate for friends.

"I was just seeing what needed to be done around the pride. Seems you beat me to it this morning."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:55 pm
Hopefolly
(You should totally send me a AIM message or a PM when you get the chance O: )

A small chuckle escaped the lioness's maw. "I enjoy being as helpful as I can." She grinned at the other lioness before stepping up on to the drum circle and then sitting down. "The pride has been quiet though so the upkeep is easy, and with you guys back it seems a blessing has been put on the pride, hopefully we will go no where but up from here." She smiled, before pausing. "A few things have been on my mind though." She said simply followed by a nod.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:14 pm
Yin-Bug

Given the choice between discussing her time in the roguelands or the pride, Nantale would always pick the latter. The past was cold, cruel, and territory claimed by no king or queen was no place for her. The future of the Nchi, her home, would be nothing but bright. She'd make sure of that, no matter what it took.

"What's on your mind?" Nantale stayed standing. In the same spot, no less. However, her eyes were anything but still, tracking the every move of this lioness before her.

Mawi was vital to the pride, and that made any and all of her concerns Nantale's as well.

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:06 pm
Hopefolly

Mawi flopped down on her haunches her tail curling around her. "Well, I'm getting old and all." She couldn't help but to laugh a little more once again, mostly at herself this time. She couldn't believe that she hand adult grandcubs running around, and her hair was starting to grow in more and more gray under her chin. There still wasn't that much of it but at the same time it was just starting to pepper her chin. She paused and then looked at the lioness "I've been thinking about starting to teach my daughter more and prepare to step down some." She said a little unsure of herself. She wasn't a big fan of this idea, she loved her rank and she loved what she was doing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:47 pm
Yin-Bug

Nantale was conflicted and looked as much. She didn't want to undermine Mawi's decision, but at the same time, it seemed her mother's old friend wasn't ready to surrender her title just yet. The Malenga herself couldn't imagine anyone taking Mawi's place, not even her own flesh and blood.

"I'll support you if you choose to," Nantale said, trying to sound encouraging and for the most part succeeding. There was more hesitation to be found in the way she paused between her responses than the words themselves. "If you're sure this is what you want..."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:04 pm
Hopefolly

Mawi took a moment to listen to what the lioness had to say. Her tail flicked around behind her as the other lioness talked. She herself didn't know what to think and it even seemed like the other lioness didn't know what to think. She sighed for a moment as she shifted on her haunches. "I'm not sure yet." She said her words were followed by a chuckle. "I'm not sure what to do yet, I'm still debating on it." She smiled at the lioness and reached a paw out to her. "I'm not going anywhere yet, just a thought I've been playing with."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:30 pm
Yin-Bug

Nantale was thinking plenty. About what would happen if Mawi's appointed apprentice was not up for the task bestowed to her. About what trouble that would be for the her as the Malenga. Partially selfish and partially sensible -- keeping things running smoothly was her job. Only natural to fret over any potential defects in the system.

Which reminded her...

"I'm glad to hear that." Nantale glanced down at Mawi's paw, now atop hers. "I don't know what the pride would have done without you in the absence of my family. I can't thank you enough for keeping things together..."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:04 pm
Hopefolly

The gesture of kindness from the other lioness caused a large smile to grow on Mawi's face. She thought about what the lioness said and then chuckled a little. "There is no reason to thank, I don't know what I would do with out this pride." She chuckled once again the smile still on her face. "I would do anything for this pride and I would do anything for my sisters as well." She smiled referring to Nantale. She then paused for a moment, she didn't move her paw but she flicked her tail around behind her and started to speak once again.

"Now! I think we could use a few new gourds, would you like to join me?" She asked extremely excited to have some help this morning. She knew that this was going to be great.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:14 pm
Yin-Bug

Sisters. What a sweet word. If only she'd been born with a few real female siblings, the responsibilities of the pride wouldn't have fallen on the shoulders of Mawi alone. Nantale had been thinking about the hierarchy of the pride lately...

"Of course." She was ready to follow the lioness wherever she went and do whatever was asked of her. Nantale was not one to gossip, but she couldn't resist telling Mawi just this one thing...

"My mother and father are trying for a second litter." Nantale smiled. "But mother says he might be too old to give her one."

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:10 pm
Hopefolly

A large smile grew on the lioness's face as Nantale agreed to go with her on a walk and to find some gourds. She was about to turn to start walking and to go find some until Nantale spoke again and Mawi couldn't help but to get extremely excited and be interested in what she was saying. A huge smile grew on her lips and she couldn't help but to do a little dance where she was standing. There were going to be little cubs and that was super exciting to her. any time there were little paws pitter-pattering around the pride it made Mawi super happy. Not only because she loved cubs but that also meant she got to do her job.

"I'm excited for them!" She squeaked before laughing a little at the lioness's second comment. "We wil all find out if that is true or not I guess!" She chuckled again. "So shall we head out?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:20 pm
Yin-Bug

Nantale hoped it was true. What if she never had cubs of her own? What if she only had sons? Having been Kitambi's only daughter, Nantale's absence would have been crippling without Mawi there to pick up the pieces. Some sisters would be a welcomed relief. If something were to happen to the Malenga, they would have young, lively blood to step up and fill the role.

She nodded to Mawi without hesitation. "Let's."

Nantale would be willing to go off schedule just this once if it meant giving Mawi reason to smile. She deserved it.

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:43 pm
Hopefolly
Fin? If not let me know I'll write something in.

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games