Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:47 am
I can't find the other topics about it so here's a new one.

More info about the new possible game: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=137669
(Thanks to "Legacy of Kain: Dark Chronicle" on facebook)  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:56 pm
Guess what: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Legacy-of-Kain-Sequel-War-for-Nosgoth-Revealed-by-Steam-Drivers-355968.shtml  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:03 am
And suddenly... they crushed my dreams: http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/07/nosgoth-in-active-development-at-square-not-a-traditional-legacy-of-kain-title/
(Sam dislikes multiplayer games as does her internet)

Quote:
Nosgoth in active development, not ‘traditional’ Legacy of Kain game

Square-Enix has confirmed to VG247 that Crystal Dynamics is not developing ‘Nosgoth’, but that the new project is linked to the Legacy of Kain franchise.

In a statement sent to VG247 this morning, Square-Enix community manager George Kelion confirmed that a studio is actively developing the title. He told us, “Nosgoth exists and is in active development, but is not a traditional Legacy of Kain action-adventure game”, and added: “Nosgoth is set in the same universe as previous LoK games, but on a different branch to the Blood Omen and Soul Reaver series. The community should not be thinking of Nosgoth in terms of a single-player experience.”

Kelion explained that the reason for talking to us about the project was to clear the air following Nosgoth leaks that came from AMD and Steam.

The game will not be announced at E3, but Kelion added that Square is very excited about the concept.

“We don’t want people to get the wrong idea about Nosgoth following the AMD and Steam leaks ahead of its future official announcement,” he said. “Nosgoth is not being developed by Crystal Dynamics. Crystal Dynamics are not working on a Legacy of Kain game.

“This isn’t something we’d normally do, but we wanted to just give folks a bit more context for the direction, rather than just batten down the hatches.”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:10 pm
*hopes know one saw that E3 comment, gets that and EA confused all the time and has no idea what she's talking about*

Choo-choo, all aboard the low expectations train, next stop, if the game is bad we pretend it never happened~  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:22 pm
Inuyasha sums up my feelings rather well.... or at least my dreams: http://gabugurl.deviantart.com/art/InuYasha-in-a-NutShell-13034303  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:24 pm
sdhfkdslfg

SHE CRUSHED MY DREAMS

SHE CRUSHED THEM SO HARD  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 am
For me, with a series when it has been ten years since the last game came out, hoping its going to be a continuation of the older games seems like financial suicide. They won't entice new gamers, which is what they would want to do to net the biggest profit.

Games are about making money. I dislike EA and their policies but they make a lot of money.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:21 am
Lieutenant Turel
For me, with a series when it has been ten years since the last game came out, hoping its going to be a continuation of the older games seems like financial suicide. They won't entice new gamers, which is what they would want to do to net the biggest profit.

Games are about making money. I dislike EA and their policies but they make a lot of money.

I could go for a game focusing on any of the other characters... it's that multplayer thing that's getting me.

I'm a bit worried that it's going to be some online only game thing that people with slower connections can't play. If it's got single player mode, and multiplayer modes then I'm all for it.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:22 pm
Squeenix isn't the type to do online only games. Their games may not always be the best quality but they don't restrict themselves to the online always community. This isn't going to be an MMO if they are to busy making FF XIV.

This could be more of an open sandbox game instead with online opportunities.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:36 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Squeenix isn't the type to do online only games.

...Final Fantasy 11 Online....

I think I'm just getting anxious about the online thing due to Xbox's new system... and rumors of the PS4 being the same as Xbox One with the online requirements.

Though, build your Nosgoth army offline, then go online to battle to decide the fate of Nosgoth could be cool.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 pm
Final Fantasy 11 came out over 10 years ago and they learned their lesson. What else have they done that is online only?

As for the consoles, unfortunately, always online is where things are going. It supposedly helps to reduce piracy and companies make more money when you are always online. Me? I'm a PC gamer so I choose to always be online. I can play a great number of my games offline. Main's preferred game, Borderlands, she plays via a LAN. Honestly, just because the console likes to be online doesn't mean you can't play the game single player, DRM free.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:28 pm
eek 10 years... gebious I feel old now crying

My feel for always online is it's a bit too soon technology wise. There are still areas with dial up internet only, pretty much the companies are cutting out those locations by saying the system must be online once a day. I was actually thinking it wouldn't effect that many people, but the 'in the news' section on here has more unhappy people with the xbox story then happy people.

I'm still hopeful the new Nosgoth game will be good, just gonna wait till they say what it's about before I worry to much about it.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:14 am
I understand there are a number of ares with dial-up. What I'm curious to know (and if anyone could provide verified data it would be great) is what is the percentage of those areas right now in the continental US, Canada, and other countries.

In the four years main was at Uni people from having basic flip phones and not a lot of younger kids having them, to everyone (including elementary kids) having smart phones. That's just a simple four year span. Too soon technology wise? When main was graduating HS she saw no reason for 5+ year-olds to have iPhones but these kids do have it. Maybe in the near future these dial-up only places will get faster internet. Or they will be left behind as they aren't going to be considered very profitable. Companies don't care about convenience, they care about money.

Most people that I know are unhappy that the Xbox 1 doesn't allow to play used games along with other uptight restrictions. I'm not actively following E3 and only paying attention to the news leaks for things I care about (such as Pokemon). I don't own an Xbox or PS 1-2-3. I never will.

Since they aren't releasing the news at E3, we'll have to wait and see.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm
From what google says it's 1/3, 30% or 31,000 US citizens who are still on dial up. (according to the most recent articles I could find.) I'm to lazy to look up the rest of the world.

I can't find the number of people on satellite cause those also will be unable to take advantage of the xbox one (the ping ratio with most providers is to slow, from the time it sends to your system, you reply and the sender gets it, the lag is long enough almost every game will bump a satellite user off.)  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out