Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:15 pm
User Image

Kumi sneaked around, looking for her sister. Their mother was as flaky and loving as ever, but Kumi knew that it was better to go out and find something to do than sit around bored to tears. She was done with her apprenticing right now, and felt like she was never going to remember where all the stones were. Being a guide seemed like a lot of work. Maybe too much work, as much as Kumi hated to think it.

Sometimes she thought that looking at all the available males in the pride was way more fun. This was why she was looking for her sister. And hopefully she would not run into her stupid dad. Stupid, stupid stupid.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:29 pm
User Image

Mitsu was not nearly as productive as her sister. She seemed determined to avoid any and all lessons, far too often using the excuse that she had changed her focus. It was becoming a trickier game the longer she played, someone was always trying to confront her about the fact she clearly wasn't training but, luckily for Mitsu, she was very fast. After "convincing" mama that she had changed her mind about Keeping again, she ran off to some other non-specific lesson and spent her day practicing climbing trees instead. She wasn't so bad except being so long made her ultimately goal (getting around by moving tree to tree) difficult to master. Eventually she'd given up on that and settled in to nap on a branch she figured would keep her out of sight.

Unfortunately, she was snoring.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:34 pm
"Where is she?!" Kumi was struggling to find her sister. She had been looking for an hour now, and was close to giving up. So close. But the desire to not return to her mother kept her going. Kumi was growing more and more independent, and though the guide career-path she was on would work best for her, she wasn't all that great at remembering where she was all the time.

Frustrated, she had bent her head down to a small stream to satiate her throat when she heard a rumbling. Figuring it wasn't anything important, she continued to drink, but the sound never went away. She didn't bother to investigate until she was done drinking, but part of her wished she had looked first. Though her ears worked well, it wasn't all that easy to figure out just where that rumbling sound was coming from. A few steps this way, a few steps that way... there!

"Whaaaa. Mitsu?!" There was no mistaking that tail! Not in a tree, at least. She marched right over there and gave a swat to that tail.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:39 pm
At first Mitsu seemed oblivious to the shout and only mildly disturbed by the swat to the tail- until she nearly rolled right off her branch, waking with a start and time to get a hold on the branch before gravity could pull her from her perch.

"Huh?"

Her heart was racing but the fact she had been disturbed was unmistakable. She looked down and spotted her sister, sighing in relief.

"Oh, it's just you, Kumi!" she said, continuing with a laugh, "Y'almost knocked me out of my tree."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 pm
"Just me? Of course it is!" Kumi laughed. "You're sleeping away the day instead of being busy! Who were you avoiding today?" Kumi paced around the trunk of the tree a bit, not really wanting to jump up there to push her sister out. Kumi wasn't as skilled in tree climbing as her yellow twin, and wasn't about to remind Mitsu of that face again.

"C'mon, don't you want to check out the fine bachelors around here? How can sleeping all the time be more fun than that??" Kumi pouted.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:13 pm
Mitsu laughed, she was relieved it was only her sister but she wasn't about to explain and share in her mischief. She avoided talking to Kumi about her apparent indecision on her career path, mostly because there was always something better to talk about. Anything Kumi knew of it was not from Mitsu.

"I think I deserve a nap every once in a while! I don't have to be avoiding anybody," she argued, sticking her tongue out playfully at her pacing sister. She perked up at the mention of 'fine bachelors' though.

"Oho!" she said, pushing herself up carefully and jumping down from her perch, "That does sound like more fun."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:20 pm
Kumi was ready to drag her sister down, but it seemed like with the mentioning of boy-hunting she was ready to go. Kumi grinned when her sister jumped down onto the ground, finally at level with one another.

"Of course it is!" she laughed, nudging her sister in the shoulder. "You got your eye on anyone? There's quite a few lions...and I have to admit, I can't get over how full and amazing their manes are." One thing that cheetahs nor leopards had...those manes!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:28 pm
Despite actually having nobody in mind, she seemed very shy when shaking her head at the question. It was a silly, fairly common question. She was happy to move onto the subject of lions, though. She snickered at the admiring comment of their manes.

"I dunno," she said, "They're kinda weird."

Definitely unique and interesting but.. so weird. Especially when the boys were around the same age as her and Kumi, their manes were kind of all over the place but not really there at the same time.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:19 pm
"Weird? Pfft, you're just boring." She didn't really take it to heart, since she figured neither one of them were that close to having a beau. Kumi wished she could, but, well, she had a hard time putting on the first moves as it was.

"Well, is there a leopard you've got your eye on?" she asked with a wink. "I don't think there are other cheetahs around here, sadly. I haven't seen them!" Sometimes she wished that there were more, but....part of her just wanted to bury her face into a luxurious mane!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:28 pm
"Am not!"

She gave Kumi a shove to get them moving.

"Naaah, but now it's up to you to make your case," she said, happily steering the conversation away from her own personal preference, "Show me a really attractive example of mane. Then I'll decide if you're right- or if you're wrong."

Mitsu grinned.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:38 pm
Kumi's face twisted in thought. She was going to have to find an attractive example, hm? She wondered if she could do that...but the girl was definitely up to the challenge.

"You're on. I'll find someone that you'll just swoon over. If not...girl, you've got to pick up your taste to my level," she said with a wink, clearly showing that she had that sassy, flirty gene that seemed to run through their family. "Catch you later? I gotta do this solo," she said with a giggle.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:21 pm
Mitsu was surprised when, very suddenly, Kumi said she had to handle the challenge of finding the perfect example of a mane by herself. She wrinkled her nose and made a face in response to Kumi's wink.

"Alright then," she said, "Come back here and get me when you've decided."

She could go back to climbing/hiding in the trees if she wasn't going to have her sister for company, and it was better if there was a decided place to find her once Kumi made up her mind. A place that wasn't their mother's shrine or anywhere near any of the other general goings-on.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas