Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to Nosgoth - a Legacy of Kain fanguild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Vampires, Raziel, Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Eidos 

Reply The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum
So lately I've been watching a lot of Transformers Prime... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:16 pm
First my little pony, now transformers? I know, I'm a dork you're killing me with my childhood, hub and I love it

I really like the most recent series reboot of Transformers, but I'm not here to talk about that --- unless you want me to! I would much like to have a buddy to geek out with over the show~

Anyway, what I am here to talk about is the fact that Transformer Prime's Megatron reminds me a lot of Kain.

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Just look at their adorable, cloven toesiez~

What's interesting was that I didn't draw the conclusion that they reminded me of each other right away. After a few episodes though, I got a sense of Megatron's character and how he just has this incredibly intimidating aura about him. It quickly occurred to me that I got that same feeling from Kain. Seriously, if these two were Pokemon, their special ability would either be intimidate or pressure, they just so scary!

Appearance wise they are both built like brick s**t houses, their forms both tall and broad. They both wear similar expressions, usually serious or scowling, but when they do grin, its full of sharp teeth and you know you better run because they aren't just smiling to be friendly!

At one point in the series, Megatron gets a sword.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Look familiar to anyone?

As far as personality goes, they're both fairly serious, very determined and no matter the cost, will stop at nothing to make sure their goals are achieved. Both can be quite manipulative, sadistic even as they sometimes take great pleasure in causing fear and pain to others.

While they both do have their tempers, I feel Kain has a more even one in that he does not allow his emotions to rule his judgment and he doesn't feel the need to be needlessly cruel. Megatron is far more arrogant, more like a younger Kain as he is quick to lose his patience, resorting to intimidation and violence when things don't go his way.

They both believe in fate but find when fate isn't doing exactly what they want it to they see no problem in changing the decided outcome.

While Kain seems to have zero tolerance for traitors, Megatron can usually be convinced not to kill his second in command, Starscream even after multiple betrayals.

Heh, don't even get me started on how much Starscream reminds me of Moebius, which is strange because I love Starscream to pieces and Moebius... yeah, not so much...

Well, that's all I have to say about that. What do you guys think? Do you have a character from a different show, game, book, etc. that reminds you of an LoK character? Please share!

Also, please watch Transformers Prime! Its lonely here all by myself...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm
Yeah, I think main stopped listening once you mentioned her favorite team: The Decepticons.

Optimus, like Raziel, is fairly goody-goody but my dear brother, you are far more tolerable than Optimus Prime. You both always want to do the right thing but don't always succeed. I'm certain LoK, during its development drew inspiration from many characters or common character traits.

And don't get me started on those movies where they were secondary characters to Miss Shia LaPoof.  

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:32 pm
Yes, my main is a fellow Decepticon lover, too and she ships them all with each other

I hardly think I'm Optimus Prime, I think I'm a combination of Ratchet and Arcee, more or less, Ratchet being perpetually cranky and cynical and Arcee because she's blue, obsessed with revenge, and quick to anger as well as get into fights also she's petite

*now has to go listen to the Shia Labeouf song*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:42 pm
I think Turel is most like Knockout because he's full of himself, has pointy ears, and has a big, dumb sidekick (Dumah)

All in all, though, Knockout is my favorite character next to Starscream <3  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 pm
Hey, if Dumah was my sidekick I'd get...exactly the same amount of stuff done in more time. Well damn.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:25 pm
Like Knockout, you would make a scary cute doctor~  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:17 pm
Yes, if by doctor, you mean "confused individual with a scalpel"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:28 pm
Well Knockout did say he was better at taking things apart than fixing them.  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 am
I'm good at destroying things. Like hopes and dreams.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:57 am
Queen Sarafina

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! I too enjoy Transformers! emotion_awesome

And yes, when I first saw Megsie I thought, "Teehee! He has feet like Kain!" emotion_c8
But I totally missed his sword looking like the Reaver. I must have been too busy watching Optimus getting his aft kicked. ninja  

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:01 pm
Bluetabbycat
Queen Sarafina

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! I too enjoy Transformers! emotion_awesome

And yes, when I first saw Megsie I thought, "Teehee! He has feet like Kain!" emotion_c8
But I totally missed his sword looking like the Reaver. I must have been too busy watching Optimus getting his aft kicked. ninja

Its a pretty bitchin' sword.

I think Optimus is adorable  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:50 pm
Most people I know either like Transformers or lie and claim they don't but secretly do.  

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Most people I know either like Transformers or lie and claim they don't but secretly do.

Like Pokemon?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 pm
You made main squeal. She asks what you think of the new X and Y information. She is buying those games.

She also has a pokemon based rp with scrab.  

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 pm
She's very biased. She cared nothing for forms until Mewtwo got one, now she's very excited. Mewtwo has always been her favorite.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff