Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:56 am
User Image

The games had gone swimmingly, Taji decided as he stood about, cleaning up the mild mess of bones and such that had been left behind from the festivities. He was picking them up and putting them in a pile that would be taken away later to be used for various purposes. Bones were important to the Kwa Kikombe, as they helped create the goals that were used during their main game.

The large lion sat back on his haunches after a few moments, surveying what remained of the crowd. A few new rouges were hanging around with the other members of the pride which made his spirits soar. New recruits were always welcome, and there had been quite a few that had showed great potential during the games. All were welcome to the pride, of course, as it took all types to make the world turn, but Taji was particularly fond of those that exhibited athletic skill. Even though he was the leader of the pride, he got pretty riled up when it came to games. He had been a player himself before his appointment to one of the highest positions in the pride, shared only by the other leader, Howa.

Taji shook out his shaggy mane before getting back to work, placing the bones in a neat pile. There were a few cubs he was sure he could get to help him bring these to the bone yard.

Depawsit
Up and running!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:36 pm
User Image

'Stay here and be good little pups OK? Momma will be right back, I promise."

Gently nuzzling each of her pups on the cheek, Coldfeet motioned to the lion she was going to speak to. She had already told her pups she was going, but each and every one of them had protested in some way or another. But when she asked them if they wanted to stay and play more games, they all yipped and barked their little tails off. Pups were definitely a confusing bunch, of that much she was sure.

Shaking her head clear of her confusing motherhood, Coldfeet turned away from the pups and walked towards the much larger lion's position. As she glot closer, she could tell he was busy, for a moment she thought of leaving but then she knew the disappointment she would find in her pup's eyes. She didn't want to tell them no, partly because it would make her sad, but more because they would drive her even crazier if she did!

Coldfeet paused just behind him, and took in a deep breath. It was no or never.

"Excuse me Sir ... I couldn't help but notice your hold over the crowd during the games ... might you know who I could speak to about joining this fine crew at players?"

Casting a worried look behind her, Coldfeet relaxed only when she was sure the pups were OK.

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:55 pm
Taji hummed to himself, putting the rest of the bones together. There, that was much neater! He turned, ready to head back to the heart of the pride, but found his way blocked by a small canine. He gave her a smile as she spoke, and then let out a loud laugh. Not a rude one, of course, never rude. Rather, it was a genuine, happy laugh.

"You've come to the right lion, my little sister! Well, one of the right lions," he said with a wink. "My name is Taji and I run this pride with the help of the lovely cheetah Howa, who is probably off with her cubs now that the festivities are over." A little noise made him look up and, just a few meters away, a pile of pups tussled together, yipping and biting at each other as siblings could.

"Oh...you look like you've got your paws full," he murmured, chuckling just a bit as he turned his attention back to the wild dog. "Is this true, then? You wish to join our fair pride?"

Depawsit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm
Coldfeet released her held in breath at the lion's gentle laugh, and even managed to laugh herself. It was a giant relief to see that not only was he the right lion, but that he was quite friendly as well. But even better than all of that were his next words. There was another Mother within the pride ... and she was apparently a leader. Her smile grew much wider, and her tail began to wag back and forth in excitement.

"Haha! You have no idea ... they truly are a pawful! Maybe even two pawfuls!" Giggling at her joke she looked back to see the bunch acting rowdy and a bit out of control. She rolled her eyes and tried to make herself look more presentable to make up for their silly antics. "Well ... yes ... I think we would fit very well here. It seems that this pride favors physical activity and not violence ... Is that true?"

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Taji snickered at her little joke, a happy look on his face. Ah, he loved others that could joke with him! Thankfully most in the pride had his same sense of humor. The question made him shake his head and he sat down to have a serious chat with this potential pride member.

"We value honesty and giving everything one hundred and ten percent. Violence is never a means to an end here, and we have very strict rules for what happens to those who push something too far. It gets a bit rough in the games we play at times, but if the code is not held up, that pride member must deal with the consequences. We're really like a big family here, though. Even rivals will laugh and share a drink at the river together and congratulate one another at the end of the day."

He smiled a bit warmly and nodded, patting his paw on the ground. "But we value physical activity very much here. Everyone is up and moving, even if they're just watching."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Coldfeet let out a sigh of relief at the male's words. Everything he said seemed to fit perfectly with her ideal home ... it seemed as if there wasn't a bad thing about the place! That is ... until he mentioned violence. Coldfeet frowned at the words, taking another peek at her rowdy pups. "You ... You wouldn't happen to consider that violent would you?" She tried to smile cautiously at the male, as she pointed towards her tumbling tower of pups. But all that came out was a worried frown and a shaky voice. She would hate to hear that the rowdy nature of her pup's could keep them homeless.

As he went on to further explain the physical activity of the pride, Coldfeet's tension eased a bit. She smiled to the male, before happily taking the seat across from him. Her weak paws were definitely aching by this point, and she was grateful for his thought.

"Ha! It sounds like this pride was made for my family!" Letting out a yappy bark, her tail swished happily back and forth. "I come from a very physically fit family ... and my pups ... well their Father was very well off as well. As you can probably tell by ... whatever that is." Laughing again she nudged her head in the direction of the pups once again. This time she couldn't even figure out what they were trying to do. She shrugged it off though, more curious about the pride than their newest game.

She had plenty of time to hear about that later.

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:14 am
Taji glanced over Coldfeet's shoulder as she motioned back to her pups, and he had to try very hard not to burst out in laughter. He didn't want the new mother to feel like he was laughing at her. That wasn't the case, of course. He just found it adorable that she'd be concerned about playful pups.

"Oh no, little sister. That is a far cry from violence. We like to see rowdy cubs or pups! Lets us know that we have a strong generation coming in to have a lot of fun win," he added, a little wink keeping his face cheerful. "Your pups will be more than welcome here and will have lots of friends that they can play with. Baridi just had cubs, about five I think, or six...so they'll have leopards to tussle with. And Howa, our game overseer, just had a litter of five or so cheetons that are also their age."

As Coldfeet went on, Taji nodded with a smile. Good! It seemed like this would be a perfect place for the family. "You'll all fit in very well here, I can promise you that," he said, reaching out to pat her smaller paw with his larger one. "There's plenty of food and water here, and as far as the pride has been here there's never been one drought, plague, or famine." Of course, there was always a first time for everything, and the pride hadn't been around terribly long.

"The only thing I ask of you is to make sure they grow up nice and tough," he said with a grin as he stood. "Wild dogs are some of the smaller types we allow to play and they do get roughed up a bit, but no team would be complete without one."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:26 pm
Coldfeet let out a sigh that she felt like she'd been holding in for ages. She felt silly asking such questions, but as a new Mother ... she really had no way of knowing whether her pups were normal, or well ... not! The larger male's words gave her the bit of confidence she needed, and her tail thumped happily on the ground in show of it.

"Oh they will definitely give you a new generation of players. I have no doubts about that!" Now grinning from ear to ear, she felt her face would simply explode with happiness. "Oh? That's just what they need! A rowdy grouping of other young to wrestle with." Rolling her eyes in mock irritation, she flashed another smile. Though she remained silent, as he went on to explain the pride's safety and amenities. Suffice to say she was quite relieved with all of the information she was hearing. It sort of made her feel back at home once again.

Hearing his last round of words, Coldfeet's ears perked to attention. Curious to see what type of request he could have for her.

"Oh don't you worry, if their current state of play is any hint ... I think they'll be good and tough once they're older. The trouble for now, will be keeping them from playing with those far bigger than them." Glancing from left to right, she leaned in closer to whisper her next words

" ...

Cheetons and leopard cubs ....

They aren't much bigger than my brood are they?"

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:59 pm
Taji squinted as he glanced at the pups. "Oh...they're probably just a bit bigger than your pups. But they're not lions, by any means. The leopard cubs will be around the same height but a bit stockier, and the cheetons will be much taller but very spindly. I think your pups will fit right in, though. They seem to be a hoard of scrappers."

He listened to the pups yip and growl at one another before laughing softly and reaching out to pat Coldfeet with a paw. "There is nothing to worry about though. You and your children are more than welcome to live here with us. I've got to get back to cleaning up, but feel free to explore. There's some nice dens not too far from here that are vacant, if you wish to settle in there for the time being. Just a short walk to the main fields where our games take place."

He gave her a little wink and a wave before turning back to the pile of bones. Ah, it was a great success, the little events he had held. A few winners and a pawful of new members for his pride.

Depawsit
Last post from me!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:12 pm
She felt an odd sense of accomplishment as she watched Taji walk away. He was a sweet lion, and he apparently adored children. She smiled softly as he turned to leave, but quickly followed after him to ensure he wouldn't need her assistance. When she was denied, she nodded at him agreeably before returning to her pups.

"Well guys ... Mommy thinks we've found a new home! But that's not even the best part ...."

Coldfeet paused with a large grin on her face, watching as her pups stared at her with excitement.

"You get to play all the games you want .... and even play with some leopard and cheeton cubs!"

The reaction was almost immediate, they all begin to howl little sounds of joy and excitement. Hobbling over one another, asking when they could meet the other cubs ... and what game they could play next.

Coldfeet smiled down at them happily, before speaking her final words.

"All in due time my dears ... but for now ... let's go find ourselves a den to sleep in."

SilverLutz
End

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash