Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
I present to you one question.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 am
What can change the nature of a man?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:15 am
When did Chun-li get here?  

Jonnnn

Raike99

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:36 pm
When will this place become active again?

(hint: never)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:07 pm
Problem is most people have kind of outgrown Gaia. While I get a lot of really hardcore nostalgia whenever I see the guild... It'll never really be the same again.

It was never really the discussion of games that made this place... It was the people. The random drama. The call out threads. The fake wars with THE GODDAMN OFFICIAL POKEMON GUILD!

It was getting banned for offering to EV train people's pokemon for gaia gold (Which is still bullshit since people sell art and random services). Getting banned for spoiling Harry Potter 7 (Which, while extremely immature is still hilarious to me)

So many crazy, whacky legendary characters came through here. Who can forget the inane ramblings of SCEPTILE THE JUNGEL KING who broke his hand in gym class and was typing on a Wii? Who could forget Rina the prototypical scene girl who had an ill fated internet affair with Kunx - only for that to crumble to pieces when she saw what he looked like in the flesh.

That is, of course, a tiny sampling of the unforgettable people who randomly posted.

Let us not forget the magic that was the short-lived Chatbox. Where Deathguiser accused me of being fat and working at mcdonald's because I destroyed him with Wolf and Yoshi on Brawl wifi. Let us not forget when Mazelle drew sexy girls for us in the art application. Let us not forget how we all convinced ourselves that Mazelle herself was a sexy girl when we honestly had no real way of knowing.

There are many, many more memories associated with this place. A never ending stream of antics. Ironically, almost none of them actually really had to do with games in the first place. We were just a bunch of stupid teenagers (and some in their young 20s) having fun.

Unfortunately, while I'd love to have some kind of reunion - at the end of the day, that requires convincing people to log onto a site that "congrazzles" you upon logging in with an "Ultimate Player" for having members of the opposite sex on your friends list.  

nitnit
Captain

Scipio320

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:17 pm
it's soo sad. I miss it so much lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:22 pm
nitnit
Problem is most people have kind of outgrown Gaia. While I get a lot of really hardcore nostalgia whenever I see the guild... It'll never really be the same again.

It was never really the discussion of games that made this place... It was the people. The random drama. The call out threads. The fake wars with THE GODDAMN OFFICIAL POKEMON GUILD!

It was getting banned for offering to EV train people's pokemon for gaia gold (Which is still bullshit since people sell art and random services). Getting banned for spoiling Harry Potter 7 (Which, while extremely immature is still hilarious to me)

So many crazy, whacky legendary characters came through here. Who can forget the inane ramblings of SCEPTILE THE JUNGEL KING who broke his hand in gym class and was typing on a Wii? Who could forget Rina the prototypical scene girl who had an ill fated internet affair with Kunx - only for that to crumble to pieces when she saw what he looked like in the flesh.

That is, of course, a tiny sampling of the unforgettable people who randomly posted.

Let us not forget the magic that was the short-lived Chatbox. Where Deathguiser accused me of being fat and working at mcdonald's because I destroyed him with Wolf and Yoshi on Brawl wifi. Let us not forget when Mazelle drew sexy girls for us in the art application. Let us not forget how we all convinced ourselves that Mazelle herself was a sexy girl when we honestly had no real way of knowing.

There are many, many more memories associated with this place. A never ending stream of antics. Ironically, almost none of them actually really had to do with games in the first place. We were just a bunch of stupid teenagers (and some in their young 20s) having fun.

Unfortunately, while I'd love to have some kind of reunion - at the end of the day, that requires convincing people to log onto a site that "congrazzles" you upon logging in with an "Ultimate Player" for having members of the opposite sex on your friends list.

Well-stated. That's pretty much the whole thing in a nutshell. It's kinda a fluke I even saw this thread... weeks after it was posted. Yeah.

Meanwhile, if it's me you want to keep up with, I'm pretty much always on Skype, username darkmazer.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Raijin36

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:38 am
"The call out threads."

Oh boy, I wonder who that could have been.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:39 am
Also, hi, if anyone reads here on a consistent basis.  

Raijin36

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:59 pm
nitnit

Well said my friend. When this place was in it's prime I would look forward to going to the forums just to see some of the ridiculous stuff that was posted.

My first time logging on here in maybe 2 years, and yeah, I feel ya on the hardcore nostalgia.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games