Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Can someone help me with my novel?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LaForet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:36 am
hi ! I'm writing a novel about an old woman, her son and his wife. The old woman abondoned her son the day he announced her his marriage with his girlfriend. Since that day, she never talked to her son. Now I need a reason for her to write a letter to her son in order for my end to work. Can someone give me any sugestions?

I thought she could change her religion to one that insists on forgiving but then again, she hasn't talked to anyone in about 15 years.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:07 pm
Ok to start, it's somewhat drastic about an old woman who hasn't talked to anyone for fourteen years. Second, there has to be a very big emotional reason for his grandmother to abandon him just for marrying his girlfriend, which I recommend you use the word "fiance" instead. Third, you need to have a basis, when I read your summary I found it lacked history and future. Im not trying to sound like a jerk but spend some time revizing your story. smile  

SpawnXFallen

LaForet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:05 pm
Blank_Grey_Haze
Ok to start, it's somewhat drastic about an old woman who hasn't talked to anyone for fourteen years. Second, there has to be a very big emotional reason for his grandmother to abandon him just for marrying his girlfriend, which I recommend you use the word "fiance" instead. Third, you need to have a basis, when I read your summary I found it lacked history and future. Im not trying to sound like a jerk but spend some time revizing your story. smile

Yeah well thanks, I always find comments very usefull smile . Yes, there is a big emotional reason for Margareth to abandon her son but that's kind of long to explain. I'd send you my novel but it's in french ... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:36 am
If you still need help: You can show human flaw* by having her ask her son for help because she has run out of money.
*The flaw being she abandoned her son untill she needs his help.  

Sanity For Sale

SP-Bebe Stevens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:51 am
Maybe she should find out she has cancer or something, and want to make amends before she dies? I like Link's idea better though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:47 pm
Perhaps she has some sort of life altering experience, such as a near-death experience or a visitation from some higher power, or maybe she meets someone of her own and remembers what it was like to be in love. Financial problems are always a good way to go, too.  

I am Jaques colon

Voxxx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:26 pm
Link1993
If you still need help: You can show human flaw* by having her ask her son for help because she has run out of money.
*The flaw being she abandoned her son untill she needs his help.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am
Kisaragi-Sama
Maybe she should find out she has cancer or something, and want to make amends before she dies? I like Link's idea better though.

yeah, well that's what I intended to do but she needs to have some reason to talk to her son or someone else so that she can realize it was her fault all along...

Thanks for the comment anyways ! smile  

LaForet

Lysine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:54 pm
Hmmmm....well, you could have her suddenly realize that her son could die and she wouldn't have forgiven him.... confused .
I hope this helps!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:02 pm

Okay my creativity is flowing . . .

She is dying and she needs to tell her son that she won't leave anything for him in her will and something comes from that.

or . . . HIS WIFE IS DYING AND THE MOTHER IS FORGIVING HIM!!!!!!! HAHAH

I like the one in caps better . . . its more logical also biggrin

Tiezu Star

LaForet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:53 am
Can someone please delete this topic???
I've abandonned the novel and started a new one ...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:33 pm
She could of just found out she has a rare case of cancer, and she'll die in a month, and she's telling her son how she never felt.  

-The Insane Faerie-

4,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

dianersj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:44 pm
maybe she is nearing her death so she wishes to receive her son's pardon before she takes off? that would make a good ending.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:45 pm
oh you started a new novel? what is it about?  

dianersj

Red-Chocolate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:39 pm
maybe she could plan on killing him, but wanted to "cleanse her soul" first... mrgreen  
Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games