Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:43 pm
User Image Mao had followed stories, whispers, anything to guide her to where her sister might be. There had been a lot of failures; many prides or coalitions that might have housed her turned out to be nothing. Leads were chased, tips fell apart, and Mao guessed that she might never see her pink sibling again.

Still, Mao had nothing else really to do. She wasn't much interested in settling down without at least finding her sister, so...here she was. Crawling around a lushly dense forest hidden within a mountainous terrain. It didn't seem like an ideal location to live, but Mao had barely seen a hint of anyone living here.

"This is frustrating," she said to herself as she came across a small stream. She sat next to it, giving herself a moment of rest before taking a small drink. "Continuing on seems....risky," she said as she glanced around, catching sight ofa bird or two, but nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:25 pm
User Image

Qing Jie wasn't currently carrying any messages, but that didn't keep her from running around the pride! The pink and white cheetah was never happier than when she was stretching her legs and speed to the fullest, and it showed in her expression, her body, and her dark purple eyes.

Much as she hated to slow, the cheetah knew better than to push herself too far - not when there was no emergency. If she remembered correctly (and she usually did, given how she ranged all over Tianxia to deliver messages) there should be a stream around here.

Qing Jie made her way over, walking slowly to give herself a rest, but not so slowly she'd stiffen up, thinking only of how good the cool water would feel. These priorities quickly changed when she found the stream not only occupied, but with a familiar face that had no reason to be here at all.

"Mao?" the word was a breathless whisper, only partially due to the pink cheetah's heavy breathing. "Mao! What on earth are you doing here?" She headed straight for the other cheetah. Who would have thought she'd see a sister here?  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:45 pm
The stream's sounds were just enough to muffle the approaching foot steps, until they got a little closer. Mao was slow to turn, having been used to roaming alone for a while, just to hear her name!

"Huh?" She finally turned her head and focused her eyes...just to see her sister coming straight for her. "Ou Se!" The green and yellow cheetah jumped up, her body bouncing along like she was back to being a little cub once more.

"I can't believe you're here! Just....here!" Mao laughed, feeling all the stress and exhaustion she had felt for moons and moon melt away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:53 pm
Qing Jie laughed at her sister's obvious surprise and excitement. Wasn't that just like Mao? On the other paw, it was a little strange to hear her given name, rather than her Tianxia name, on someone's lips. Then again...this was Mao. Her sister. It would probably be weirder to have the green cheetah call her Qing Jie!

"You can't believe I'm here? I can't believe you're here!" she returned, grinning. "I've been living here for moons! What about you? Where have you been? What brings you here?" The questions spewed outwards like a long silent geyser. She may have been happy enough on her own, but the pink cheetah had long missed her family.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:30 pm
"I can't!" Mao laughed much more heartily this time. "I've been off on grand adventures...looking for you! I knew you had left, but I just didn't have it in me to follow you. I waited too long, and it took me forever to find you. So many dead leads...I'll have you know that you must be rare, I never came across too many rogues who had seen a pink cheetah, let alone knew one!"

Mao took a moment to hold still, feeling her excitement stall a bit. The initial excitement was over, and now it was the reality that what she had focused on for so long was now finished.

"I guess I grew lonely, though its been an interesting adventure looking for you."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:38 pm
"Looking for me?" the pink cheetah's surprise suffused her voice as she repeated the words back to Mao. Yes, she'd left by herself with scarcely a second thought for her parents or siblings, but for even one to seek her out was...unexpected, to say the least.

Instead, she just smiled. "Well, it's obviously Mother's fault I'm pink. How are she and Father, by the way? And our siblings?" If Mao had waited too long to start searching (and Qing Jie still didn't understand that choice), she must surely have more recent news of their family! The pink cheetah had heard nothing, of course, since she'd left.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:46 pm
"They're fine. Father is grumpy as always, and I don't know how Mother puts up with it. I think I just needed to start my own life instead of always living with them," she said with a sigh. Sure, they weren't terribly old, but Mao just wanted to find her own place in life. It started with wanting to find Ou Se, and became so much more. Adventure, new places, strange tongues...dangers, too.

"Emi is as beautiful as ever. I swear, she could just wink at the grasslands and every available cheetah would be begging for her attention." Mao chuckled. "Maybe its good she's still with Father and Mother, I'm certain that Father's grumpiness scares away the losers, and Mother keeps Emi in a good, straight line. She'll be fine."

Her tail twitched, her eyes really scanning over Ou Se. "You seem so healthy and happy...what have you been doing? Do you live up here??"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:03 pm
She had to laugh as Mao described how their family was doing. This was something she'd sorely missed - Mao's ability to pin down everyone perfectly in a few short sentences.

"I do! I live in the South House of Tianxia, as a Messenger," Qing Jie informed her sister proudly. "I get to run every day - even if I'm not carrying messages," the pink cheetah added with a wink.

"Say, would you like me to show you around? I'm not doing anything just now," she offered.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:13 pm
"Tianxia..." Mao tested the strange word on her mouth. It was so similar to their family's names, and yet...not. A lot of what Ou Se was telling her at the moment didn't make a ton of sense, but she understood the idea of running, and also of messages, though why or for what, was a question for another time.

"So this is home, hm?" Her blue eyes glanced around at the trees and the stream that still rested near them. "I would like to see more of it, yes. You seem so happy, how can I say no?" This was intriguing, and Mao was suddenly more curious than a litter of cubs!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:16 pm
"Well, not this spot right here," Qing Jie admitted. "But not too far from here! We're in the South House now," she explained to her sister.

"Tianxia's a nice place. It's mostly lions, but there's some other cheetahs and a leopard or two. I think. Not that many, which makes us special!" Well, maybe that wasn't the most correct word to use, but it was close enough for her purposes.

"Come on!" the pink cheetah encouraged her sibling, leading the way deeper into the pride.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces