[ PRP ] The Saltwater Room | Myuto & Chi |

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Glad to leave the pride behind, Myuto relaxed dramatically as the chitter chatter of the lions slowly died away and became swallowed up by the steady roar of the ocean. It was more than even he could have imagined. An endless body of water, stretching in every direction farther than his eye could see. Frothy waves swept over the sands, pushing little treasures from the shallows up to where the land-livers could find them before retreating back to the depths only to return moments later. The thick, salty brine hung in the air. It was refreshing, cool, and he felt almost... at home just breathing deep the sea air.

He smiled a little, his eyes softening as he looked down the beach. "Bigger than a lake." He spoke quietly to his female companion. "Just as I promised you it would be."

With the excitement behind him, his body was allowed to feel tired and sore. He limped to a nice dry patch of sand near a fallen, dried bit of drift wood, an dropped to his belly. Finally, a safe place for he and Chi to rest. There'd be no angry rogues coming to snatch her away, no struggling for food- none of it. Of course, he didn't trust the pride any father than he could throw any one of them, but they seemed to at least tolerate them for the time being.

"Well, Chi? What do you think about this place?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The lioness, whom had initially began walking away from the 'warm welcome' with her head hung low and her ears flattened back as she grumbled to herself, could not really manage to maintain her foul mood for long, really. When the steady sound of the ocean picked up and they emerged from the foliage, to walk on the sandy beach, Chicanery finally looked up, and the storm that had previously been raging in her eyes, instantly dissipated. Her eyes shone, almost as if the sun had broken through metaphorical storm clouds, and it was very obvious she was forcing herself to stay by Myuto's side, given the fact a voice at the back of her mind was telling her that running and jumping alongside the shore was a very childish thing to do.

She burned to do that, though, and as she padded along, by the large male's side, her paws itched and made her step hope once, twice. She barely even heard his words through the happiness the mere sight of the ocean caused her, "It... it's huge," she used the word as if it couldn't possibly compare to what she was seeing; as if she didn't really know a word that could describe the magnitude of the big water in front of her, "You can't see the other shore! And look at the water; it moves! It moves back and forth, look at it!" and then, she could not take it anymore.

Chicanery raced up to the lapping water and pounced on the moving wave like a kitten would have a toy. She crouched and when the water lapped away from her, her front paw shot out and she attempted to pin it down. Granted, she knew it was futile effort, but her mind was racing; catch it! Touch it, pin it! Hunt it! She knew it was impossible, but it was a game, and she'd... not had time to play a great many games. In fact, part of her remain childish because of it; she'd repressed that side of herself, forced to grow up far too soon, far too quickly, and now that it saw an opening, it was letting lose.

They were safe here, she could afford this.

For a while, she hooped, jumped, played and swam; a damn spectacle for anyone that might've been watching, for sure. However, the earlier weariness soon enough started to creep back up on her, and the lioness pulled her soaking self out of the water, trotting eagerly back to Myuto's side, where she shook herself dry (soaking him in the process) and the flopped back down on the sand, half over him, half leaning on him as if he were a rather giant teddy bear, "I love it," it was breathed with delight, "I love everything about it," a pause, "Except the people," her ears pinned back, "But they're a small price to pay."

Thalion

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:42 pm
Myuto laid his large head down on his paws and watched his companion play in the waves. While his frown never seemed to vanish entirely, there was a softness in his eyes that grew with every passing moment. He'd not seen.... laughter. Play, happiness, a freedom in security, and a true smile before. It was a sad thought, but his home pride had been a grim one. Death walked alongside them in the darkness and cruelty was daily bread.

Chi was happy and carefree now, completely free from her chains and so filled with awe and wonder that she'd reverted back to an almost cublike state. It was liberating for him as well, in a way. He'd managed to free her and bring her here so she could enjoy this. For once in his life- he'd done something meaningful. Something...good.

Eventually he'd fallen asleep, allowing the comfort of the sand and the heat of the sun on his back to ease him into a pleasant nap. At least it was pleasant until an unexpected downpour. Grunting, he raised a paw to block the water, and the sun, from his eyes. Then he found himself flopped against. Chi's tiny body reclined against him, mindful of his wound, and made herself at home.

"Glad to be of some help." He remarked dryly, then looked out to the sea. "It is inspiring though, so much water.... I wonder if it ever does end."

Dark Fire Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.After flopping herself down, the lioness opened her maw wide, yawned, and then stretched herself out as best she could from her position, laying her head on top of Myuto's good arm, as a pillow of sorts, "Maybe it does end. Maybe, maybe... it's like a waterfall at the end! Except that's where everything just ends, and the water just falls forever," granted, that was an impossibility, because there was no way the big water could keep refilling itself, but the idea painted a strange, albeit beautiful mental image for the former slave.

"It probably does end. Has to, but still, it's beautiful, and I love it," there were other words, unspoken, that lingered just at the tip of her tongue, but that she bit back. Not the time, not the place. Maybe it'd never quite be the time or place, and... even if it wasn't Chicanery was okay with that. She'd live. Things were fine as they were, and she didn't quite want to risk change.

Change was... scary. Change was chaotic; one could never quite be sure where it would head towards, if it'd make things better, or worse. No, she could live like this, for the rest of her life, and she'd be content, happy even, "You're more than some help though," her head lifted and rubbed against his chest, mindful of his injury before she dropped it back down on his paws, her eyes closing. Still the words remain at the tip of her tongue, but she refused to say more, to make any further move, in fear of upsetting him. It was more than enough that he even allowed her so much physical contact, given that she could tell he was not comfortable with it.

For a long time, he'd winced, shied away whenever she so much as brushed against him. At least now, he no longer looked like he wanted to jump out of his skin whenever she touched him. She could live with this.

Thalion

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 am
Myuto smiled quietly, an expression that was mostly hidden by the scarf around his scarred mouth but one that still reached his eyes and relaxed his features slightly. An endless sea that led to a great waterfall... it made sense. It wasn't a lake- one could walk around a lake. Often times there were islands inside of lakes or the other shore was visible. Lakes also didn't have currents, rivers did. And this one brought waters up, cresting over the flats to foam and froth along the sands. It was an impressive an humbling thing.

"It could be that the land of the gods is beyond the big waters." He offered his own musings to the conversation. "Forever is nothing to them, and they can cross it on their wings to occasionally meet with us mortals here. Perhaps when we pass on, our spirit joins them on that other side."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, focusing on the internal eye he both feared and respected. Regarding the sea, however, there was nothing. It was deep, endless, and mysterious. Perhaps until death it would remain as such.

He broke from his thoughts and his eyes went wide as the lioness brushed her head against his chest. He drew in a short breath and looked both confused and lost. "....are you alright, Chicanery?"

Dark Fire Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Oooh, do you think so? Maybe only gods can reach it. I hear they can fly. Makes sense," her eyes remain closed, but a small, sweet smile crept over her maw as she let her imagination run lose. She'd never seen a god, so the idea of flight, like birds did, was alluring; she'd never met the creatures but she knew they existed. Some of the slaves blamed them for their predicaments, but Chi did not.

Gods could not possibly curve the fates of all mortals - fate was an illusion, in her mind. One had to work to right (or wrong) their life; she was in control, not a god, and thus, gods had not been to blame for her 'fate' as a slave. Even if they were, they'd seen it fit to help her out of that situation. Chicanery was... content now. Happy, even, enjoying her freedom, sharing it with someone. That was enough for her, "That's delightful... I've never seen a god. Some of my former... companions, used to curse them. They blamed our fates on them. I thought otherwise; didn't think gods had anything to do with it, or our fates. Didn't quite think the idea of fate was a good one anyhow; we make our own lives. With help, sometimes, but it's us, ultimately," her eyes had opened as she spoke, but her head did not lift.

Her gaze drifted slowly up to meet his confused one, and she smiled slightly once more, "I'm fine," more than fine, really, "Just a bit tired, don't mind me," her eyes drew away from him and back towards the sea, as she watched the waves roll back in and out in time. She waved the moment away, more for his sake than hers, before she spoke up again, "Would you rather if I give you some space?" her gaze lifted to him again, an innocent question, though at the same time, she knew the meaning behind it. She simply didn't want to make him uncomfortable just because she was much more touchy-feely than he was. Physical contact brought her great comfort, after all, "Is this okay, or... would you rather I leave you to yourself a bit?"

Thalion

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:12 pm
He closed his eyes and leaned back against the bit of driftwood, warming his back a bit more against the dry, cork-textured bark. It was nice out. A little warm even, he should take his cloak off and he knew it but he wasn't about to leave his scarred form out there for the strangers to wonder after.

"My father was a god." He admitted quietly, perhaps just above a whisper. "I never knew him, I only knew of him. My step-father was furious. He punished my mother for having...become disloyal. My siblings were killed, he spared me because I looked least like my sire, but.... he marred my mouth. It was very hard to speak when I was young."

He opened his eyes and looked out. "I don't think they know when or if they do effect us. I don't want to think they mean to make trouble. Sometimes I wish I could meet my sire, if only to ask... if he even knew I was born."

Her innocent question earned another flush and a slightly uncomfortable shift of his paws. "Actually, I am comfortable... it's fine."

Dark Fire Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Despite the fact she'd asked him a question... the warm of his body, the sunshine, the mild breeze and the sound of the waves were all slowly lulling her to sleep. However, the moment he spoke, her ears comically shot up, her eyes opening instantly to look up at him, and then away, shifting from here to there before they went back up to meet his gaze, "Really?" another pause, her eyes drifting away as she saw flashed of her own childish against her mind's eye. They'd both been abused, for no other reason than the fact they'd been born in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Neither of them had deserved what they'd gone through, "That was unfair of him," she whispered, "Your step father, I mean," her voice was somber as she spoke, "He condemned innocents for the sins of his wife. I... even hesitate to call them sins. While it was disloyal, she might've had a reason to do what she did. Your step father did not sound like a good person at all. I would not have remained loyal to someone like him. I'd have run away," she let his words wash over her, her ears flickering as she listened to him, now fully awake, "Who was he?" she asked, "Do you know? What was he? I know gods are responsible for domains. I know that much from the stories... who was he, your father?"

Even as she spoke, she shifted her body, getting up and off his arms, instantly missing the warmth and the comfortable position she'd been in, "I'm sorry," she told him with a sigh, then leaned in and nosed the cloak away from his maw, grooming his scars there once, twice, before shifting again to resume her previous position, "I'm afraid... I can't heal those wounds, like I'm doing your shoulder. And I'm sorry," she was specially sorry for that young cub, maimed, hurt, wounded, and probably confused over just why his 'father' had done such a thing to him.

It was heartbreaking.

Thalion

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:18 pm
"My step father was a cruel male. He did not like anyone to doubt him, to question him. He was superstitious by nature and cursed the gods. What mother did...he saw it as an insult. He saw me...as an opportunity." He shifted uncomfortably. "He used my visions to predict invasions, and launch counter-attacks. He used me to kill."

His eyes darkened and he looked down to Chi, half afraid she would grow fearful of his lineage. ".... mother said it was darkness. I think it has some influence in why my visions are always dark, foreboding, and haunted." He looked away again. "It explains my size as well. From what I heard, he was a very large god."

His mind was brought back as his scarf was tugged away, revealing the bare scars around his mouth. He opened his mouth to protest only to freeze, still as a stone, when Chi licked along the wounds.

..........he couldn't think anymore. Even the obvious drifted away like a leaf on the breeze. The lion sat there, eyes wide, mouth cracked open, looking all the world like his wit had just shattered to nothing.

Dark Fire Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Your father was Darkness?" that sure explained a thing or two. His visions, specially, and something about his demeanor was dark, though not forbidding at all. She found him welcoming, warm even, but decided against telling him that much, specially after she looked up at him when only silence greeted her question and saw him frozen like a stone, looking straight ahead.

This was... new.

He'd never done that before, though he'd done similar things, and it only took Chicanery a few beats to add two and two together; she'd startled him, though she didn't quite know what the reaction meant. Was it a positive one, or a negative one? Had she broken him? Oh dear...

"Myuto?" no response came forth, and the lioness pushed herself back to her feet, her nose touching his cheek once, twice as she pushed at him softly, "Are you okay? Do I need to uhm... go fetch help? Water?" maybe in the future, she should steer clear from his mouth; did touching his mouth scar bring forth an onslaught of bad memories? Was he being haunted? Oh dear gods, "I'm sorry? I didn't mean to hurt you! Did I hurt you? Myuto?"

Thalion

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:14 pm
It was such an affectionate gesture, one that he had never experienced. His mother had groomed him, but only while he was still a whelp. Beyond that, gentle gestures were lost on him. At best, he was politely avoided or ignored. Having Chi lean against him had taken some getting used to but now he rather liked it. A companion, a warm body beside him, an extra set of eyes and ears, and more importantly- someone to talk to. Someone..that gave him purpose.

But the innocent gesture had been far too intimate. He'd seen young lovers do that but never quite understood it. The last thing he expected was for someone to actually....do that to him. With his mouth as marred and hideous as it was, he would have thought she would be repulsed by it.

"I...", he stammered, his voice weak. ".........I............."

Dark Fire Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Oh Gods, she'd officially broken something somewhere upstairs in his brain, that was for sure. Chicanery was specially sure of the fact when she noticed he could only seem to repeat that single word he kept on stammering like a broken record, "Myuto...?" She nudged him yet again, hoping her voice would somehow make it through whatever haze, horror, or hurt he might be experiencing, "Should I uhm... be concerned? Because I'm getting very concerned," after a fourth little nudge had produced no clear reaction from him, the small lioness bit her lip, worried it between her fangs before coming to a decision.

She leaned forward again, using her currently standing position to lick his maw and nose several times; she figured the gesture might either completely break him, or snap him back to the real world, from the sheer shock of it. Though she couldn't, for the life of her, figure out why the gesture was so shocking; one would think he'd never been offered a kind gesture in his life!

"Myuto?" she asked tentatively between small licks, "Are you okay now?"

Thalion

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 pm
Myuto was trying his hardest to wrap his head around the gesture. Why. Why!? She couldn't have meant it the way he thought she did... but what if she did? Why? It couldn't be....but what if she was just trying to heal the wounds on his lips? No, that didn't make sense either. She had said specifically that she knew she couldn't do anything to help those scars. Then....why touch them? Why....lick them?

The lion tried to speak again, only to have the female lick his maw once more. His eyes rolled back in his head, the lion teetered, then slumped over against the log. His mind couldn't puzzle through it. For once in his mortal life- he didn't understand something, even a chunk of something. A crumb. His mind had no other way out- it needed a break.

Myuto out.

Dark Fire Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Chicanery was witness to how her action did not only not help but rather, made the situation worse as Myuto's eyes rolled to the back of his skull and he slumped fully on the ground, dead to the world.

Or at least... for a while he would be anyhow, that much was obvious.

The white lioness stared in vague horror as her companion fainted, and tried very hard to make herself believe she'd had absolutely nothing to do with this; the heat had gotten to him. Surely that was the cause; no wonder it had! What with that long scarf cloak he always wore around his neck, back and face; of course he'd faint!

With her guilt only just barely appeased, she turned to look around the territory, as if to make sure no one had seen the spectacle, and then, turned her gaze down at her fallen companion. After several moments of deliberation, she threw caution to the wind, shrugged slightly, and lowered herself to the ground, squirming her small body under one of his arms so that he was holding her, even in his sleep.

That done, she closed her eyes, let out a sigh, and allowed sleep to carry her away too.

Thalion
Theeee end? XD

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers