Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Home Is Where the Hearth Is (Fala/Fai) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:49 pm
When the prospect of building and moving into a tent had been brought up by Faiyum, Falair had been excited. She had been staying with her sister and Salbei for a little while now and was just a tiny bit eager to leave.

Salbei's tent seemed to draw high traffic. And it wasn't that she didn't enjoy being around her older sister, Falair just needed some space of her own. So when Fai offered she jumped at the opportunity. Of course, he was her mentor anyway so they should be close right?

She'd visit Na often though.

The tent had gone up relatively quickly, Which surprised the Horseman in all honesty. But she was glad it was up none the less. No matter how long it might have taken. Once it was up she had spent a day or two running around, gathering furnishings to make it a more livable and workable space.

Once all that was done, Falair felt she was in need of a break. Plus she'd need to talk to Faiyum about some smaller details here and there. The Alchemist flopped down on the small chaise sofa she had found, rolling onto her stomach and letting her arm and bare feet dangle off the edge. She still needed to put her stuff away in her own little space of the home, but that could wait.

Brown eyes half lidded as she swatted at Reject who was rolling over and over again across the floor. He hmmmmed and hawwwwed before rolling under the couch. Making a puttering noise.

Fala stifled a yawn.

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:40 pm
Fai headed for the tent with a small pot in his hands. He was planning on a small patch of the glowing flowers next to the house, along with a lovely selection of carnivorous plants in the back--yes, he knew he could get a home in the lair, when they were allowed to return, but this was more convenient for growing local plants.

"Fala, my dear, where would you like the glowing flowers? Seeing as the moon should reach any of these sections in front, I'm not too picky," he called into the tent. He stepped onto the simple porch of the tent and peeked in. "Ah, I see you've made yourself at home. Lovely chaise," he said, admiring her additions to the tent.

Yayoi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:04 pm
She had been daydreaming when Fai approached the tent. Memories flooding back of her parent's home. The warmth of the air, the smell of spice on the wind. Falair could almost feel the heat on her dark skin. But as quick as her daydream came she was snapped out of it by Faiyum's voice.

Turning on her side she pushed herself into a sitting position, rubbing at one eye with the palm of her hand. "Hmmmm..." Reject rolled out from under the chaise, taking to the air he flopped in lazy circles with a pbt pbt pbt noise towards the doorway. A distant look in the minipet's eyes and a dreamy smile.

Falair slipped on her shoes, grabbing Reject and tucking him under her arm roughly. "Perhaps right in the front. That way at night it would be easy to find one's way to the front door. Especially when one's been drinking perhaps a bit too much." She squinted at Fai, giving a light sniff to the air. The Alchemist had kept his word so far and she hadn't found anything so far since she had done her initial search of hidden bottles.

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:20 pm
He could see it--but he looked at her with a patently hurt expression. "Fala, I have no idea what you're suggesting," he said, placing the pot of what looked like weeds on a side table before heading for a rather worn looking lay-z-boil. "I'm afraid we'll need to reupholster this," he admitted as he sat down in his precious chair. "But it is remarkably comfortable."

Fala hadn't been the only one scrounging up furniture. It showed as Fai kicked the footstool part up and let out a sigh. "Ah, it is much more peaceful here than at Sal's," he said. "Truly, I don't see how he can live like that. Did you have much trouble living there?"

He'd slept outside for the most part, or in the lairs, before the tent.
Yayoi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:33 pm
The hurt look on his face caused her lips to draw tight and thin behind her mask. She had meant it merely in jest but perhaps it was a little lost in translation. Fala had faith in his abilities to leave the wine behind. He'd promised after all. "Just in case one of our friends perhaps drinks a little too much and needs a place to sleep it off for the night. I wouldn't want them crashing through one of the tent walls."

She gave Reject a tight squeeze with her arm before releasing him back into the air, to which he merely sunk to the floor then rolled haphazardly around the room. "I'm sure we can find some nice fabric in one of the shops of the town. Or if you feel like something more akin to home I'm sure you could seek out a Conquest tailor." Fala was no good with fabric making.

Taking a few long strides, she made her way over to the hearth she had put together with a group of stones and metal bars for hanging pots and such. Filling a small black kettle with water from a nearby pot Fala hung it low, letting the small fire lick at it's bottom.

Once more she began to busy herself about the tent. Organizing some small and large jars that had been sealed with rope so as to not have their contents spilled. A few things Na had given her. "It wasn't that bad. There was just a lot of people going in and out. I love my sister but its nice to have a place not so....busy."

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:43 pm
He had been teasing her, but he wasn't going to say it now. "An excellent idea," he said. "We will create a pathway, of course, in the middle, so they will not get stumbled upon."

Then he thought about the whole chair issue again. "I will ask around. I am not sure what I can offer in exchange at the moment, though," he admitted. He seemed to be ignoring the fact that he and she had just built a rather plush tent in a rather short amount of time. Or that he was still a very good alchemist. Did Conquest even have alchemist? He knew that they had some similar interests in plants, of course--

"I have," he said, not really commenting on her description of Sal's tent, he'd seen that for himself, "a small collection of seeds left from the isles," he said. "You know them, of course. I was planning a carnivorous garden in the back, but perhaps you have some favorites of your own that I might offer to plant?"

Yayoi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:59 pm
"Excellent idea." She reached for one of the smaller sealed pots before her hand stopped. The Horsewoman furrowed her brow before reaching for another small container and stopping again. She looked between the two then grabbed a third container that was a dry, wooden box. Flicking the lid open and pulling dried leaves out, placing them in a small cloth bag then tossing the bag into the heating kettle.

"I'm sure any blushing Conquest mare would accept a Stallions kiss in exchange for her wares." Falair chuckled beneath her breath as she lined the containers up on a small table.

Upon his question she paused. Placing her hands palm down on the table before reaching into her leather apron and pulling out a small, glass jar. Cylindrical in shape, it's top corked closed. Holding it up, she stared at the small seeds before turning and moving slowly to where Fai was resting in his chair. She held out the jar. "These."

Ice Queen-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:04 pm
Fai took the jar, looking into it curiously. "Yes, yes indeed," he said. "Perhaps a small bed beside the tent for these?" he offered. "I think it would be a nice addition." He gently placed the bottle on the table next to his chair and gave her a grin.

"And I do believe you're overestimating my charm, my dear. I think there are a few more interesting things that I might be able to manage. But I am not sure there are any horsemen at all familiar with a chair like this, much less one of Conquest."

It was so undignified for a chair, he thought, but he still liked it very much. "Perhaps I will simply raid Sal's closet and pick out one of those tents he's so fond of wearing in layers!"
Yayoi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:19 pm
"The east side of the tent should be good for them." Although this place didn't have light like their isle did, what light it did offer still followed the same cycle.

She went and gathered a pair of cups, crouching near the kettle. Watching it intently for a moment before steam started lightly flow from the spout. Falair removed the kettle from the flame and pour the hot drink into the cups. Throwing dirt on the fire to bring it down to smoldering embers before she placed one of the cups on the table next to Fai and taking her place back on her chaise.

Removing her face mask for the moment so that she could sip at her drink freely. "Usually for those kinds of things I believe the social custom it to take the mare to dinner first." She took a lip sip, enjoying the floral taste of her tea. "I'm sure they would enjoy the challenge though."

Fala laughed lightly, giving him a side ways glance as she toed off her shoes letting them drop on the floor. "Be careful or he may try to talk you in to wearing one of those tents if he catches your interest in them."

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:24 pm
"Ah, but if I try it on and run, I will have my chair cover!" Fai said. "He will be so jealous of this chair," he bragged. "It is far more comfortable than his rock--although the view of the moon is not nearly as sublime, I'm afraid," he added, looking at the roof of the tent. "Perhaps we should add a sky light that can be covered and uncovered," he said.

"Thank you for the tea, my dear," he added as he took a sip of tea. "Lovely blend. Tell me, has anything in this new world caught your eye yet? I am sure there are several things we could look into! They have fascinating things, I must admit."
Yayoi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:39 pm
"Yes, but then he would expect to see you wearing it. And I don't believe if you turned it into a chair cover it would be very wearable." She ran a painted nail along the rim of her cup before taking another sip. Glancing at the roof of the tent briefly. "I'm sure it could be done easy enough. Perhaps some thatch and a flap. Or even a sliding wood panel."

Grasping the cup with both her hands, she stared down at her reflection in the tea. It wasn't often she looked upon herself without her mask on so sometimes she didn't recognize her own reflection. She was taking the time to examine it and think. "I must admit I haven't done too much exploring or observing to really gain much serious interest in things. Everything here has some level of interest when you've never experienced them before." Another sip.

"What here do you find fascinating, Fai?"

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:00 pm
"Hmmm," Fai said. "I believe it would be this thing called technology. I'm not sure how it works, or what exactly you can do with it, but they seem to be able to communicate with each other from far--even impossible distances with these items," he said.

"I have... appropriated an item called a phone, but I cannot seem to get it to reach anyone. Although it does a wonderful job of taking pictures of things I see."
Yayoi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:08 pm
"Sounds like witchcraft to me." She gave an amused chuckle. From the sounds of it, all it merely seemed to be was an item of convenience. Perhaps there were more useful applications of this 'technology' thing. But to Falair that would remain to be seen.

She tilted her head slightly. "Pictures? Like drawings?" Falair scratched at her chin with a nail slightly. The Alchemist needed to get out and about more it seemed. Feeling so behind in knowing about this world, but who could blame her. She had only just found her way here recently so of course she would know next to nothing.

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:20 pm
"No, they are more life-like than drawings!" Fai said, digging in his robes to pull out the eyephone he'd stolen. It ran off of his FEAR which was the only reason it wasn't dead. He held it up, showing one of the pictures he'd taken. "Fascinating isn't it?"

He looked at the picture. "It's fascinating--but I have yet to figure anything other than the picture thing out."

Yayoi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 pm
Fala leaned forward. Taking a good long look at the eyephone and the picture that it was showing. "It is interesting to say the least. These....pictures it takes could be useful while out scavenging and gathering. Creating a visual catalog of plants and things." She pursed her lips for a second. Perhaps she would look more into this whole picture thing.

"I'm sure you could find someone to show you its other uses if you really wanted. Its something that is common among the Halloweeners yes?" She took another thoughtful sip of her tea. "I wonder what other kinds of technology there is."

Ice Queen

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces