Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:52 pm
User Image

"Stupid, stupid, stupid," Aya whimpered to himself as he limped horribly along from the training field. It wasn't even try-outs and he had already hurt himself! The game of Kikombe wasn't hard to pick up, but that shell was a lot harder than it looked and, rather than trying to hit it with the bottom of his paw, he had let the huge hard shell rocket right into his ankle. It hurt quite a bit and he had been told by the senior players to go find a medic to make sure it wasn't broken.

Ears down, tail between his legs, the large wild dog hobbled over to the medics quarters. There were usually one or two milling about during training season, he had been told. Normally there would be a pawful on the fields during try-outs and actual games, but this was their off season. No one got too hurt while playing friendlies and honing their skills, after all. No one except Aya.

He whimpered softly before finding a place to sit. The area looked a bit deserted, and he licked his lips. "Hello?" he called out weakly, front paw in the air so he would remember not to put pressure on it. He really hoped it was just a bruise...if it were broken he'd be in some pretty serious trouble.

"Is anyone here?"

Bloo Starr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:04 pm

User Image

Safi was in the back of the Medic's den, sorting the herbs they used to help heal hurt players and what-not. She heard somebody at the entrance, calling out "anybody here?" She smiled and walked out from the back. She looked the male up and down, and notced his paw in the air, with a slight grimace in pain on his face.
Safi noticed the paw had already started to swell, but at the worst it was likely sprained, or maybe he didn't suffer much of an injury at all, maybe he was just brusied badly? Safi would'nt know until she got a closer look. "Come closer, I'll take a look at your paw." She said in a voice soothing and sweet like honey, and a smile that was very charming of her.

SilverLutz

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:17 pm
Aya sniffed the air after calling out, hoping to pick up the scent of one of the medics. He was fairly new to the pride still and didn't know names, but he had spotted a few that helped heal the others walking around with injured players. Some looked worse off than others, but they all had smiles on their faces. It seemed the medics here knew their stuff.

His ears lifted as he heard a sound and, sure enough, another wild dog emerged from a small den. His tail began to wag just a bit as the smell of herbs and berries reached his nose: a medic! At her call, he carefully got to three feet and hopped over to her, each motion jarring his injured paw, making him grimace.

"Thanks," he said weakly, stopping a few feet from her, unsure if he was supposed to enter the den or not. "The shell hit it," he said as he sat again, avoiding her gaze. Players didn't get hurt this time of the year, after all. He was still learning, though, and could blame it on his inexperience.

Bloo Starr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:32 pm
Safi simply nodded, and said "Hey, don't be so ashamed, you aren't the first one to get injured around this time of year, and im guessing your new?" She turned her head to get a better look at his paw.Safi was 95% sure it was sprained. "Can you move if left to right, up, and down?" she asked him, sure that he wouldn't be able to, but she wanted to make sure, she had to do everything she could, being a medic and all.
Thinking what she would need to the likely sprained paw, she would need poppy seeds, one of those strong leaves to wrap around his paw when he slept, and...nothing else she could think of, and since she knew much about healing, she was pretty that was all she needed to get. "I don't think i caught your name, player"

SilverLutz

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:39 pm
Aya's ears, which had slid into a downward position as he had spoken, perked up just a bit. Other people hurt themselves during training? Well...that was a load off his mind.

"Yes...my sister and I just arrived here a few weeks ago," he said. "I'd been trying to pick a title and it took a while, but I finally decided on being a player. The games look so fun I couldn't pass it up." Unfortunately, he didn't quite have the coordination down yet.

As she asked him to move his paw, he tried, but yelped softly as soon as he lifted it. "No," he said weakly. "Well I mean I can but it hurts too much. It's not broken, is it?" he added, fear clear in his voice. If it were broken that would be the end of his career for the year, he was sure. She didn't seem too concerned, though, so there was that slight hope that it was just a sprain. Then again, Aya always did think the worst of situations.

"Oh...you can call me Aya," he said. "My full name is a bit long. And um...what's yours?"

Bloo Starr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:04 pm
"Aya...thats a very nice name! My name is Safi'Wimbi, but everyone calls me Safi! Now, the good news is, it isn't broken but badly sprained, so you won't be able to train for at least four weeks. wait right here while i grab a couple herbs for you!" She ran off back into her den and grabbed poppy seed, a good strong leaf, and some comfrey. she ran back over to him. "Here, take these. The poppy seed will help you fall asleep, this flower right here is comfrey, which is used to help heal bones, and this strong leaf is for wrapping your paw in when you sleep. Here, I'll tach you how to wrap it, and i want you to do it after me so you can do it your self. So first you put it under the paw..." She put the thick leaf underneath his paw. "and then you wrap it underneath where you put it underneath your paw until it reaches the top, then do it a second or third time until the leaf is too short to do again, then you just..tuckit in, like that!" she did all the steps as she said them and his paw was wrapped tightly in the leaf.

SilverLutz

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:21 am
"Safi," Aya echoed, committing the name to memory. "That's a nice name as well," he added with a tiny smile. Everyone had such lovely names, he thought to himself as he watched the medic bustle around to get the things he'd need. She seemed to know exactly where everything was, so she must be good. She'd had to have been here quite some time getting to memorize where everything went.

When she returned, he paid close attention to her instructions. He felt relieved that it was just a sprain, but didn't like how long it would take to heal. Four weeks?! Ugh...well, he'd keep in shape as best he could. Maybe running around on three legs rather than four would help his speed...or something. He was sure he could find a trainer that would enjoy the challenge.

"Okay," he murmured, watching how she wrapped his ankle up. With the extra support it didn't hurt nearly as much. "Thank you," he added with a tiny smile, his ears perking up a bit. "It feels a lot better all ready!" With her help he was sure he'd be back on the field in no time. "How long have you been a medic?" he asked, standing up to test his weight on the wrapped paw.

Bloo Starr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:38 am
Safi watched him carefully apply pressure back onto his paw, he seemed to be doing alright. "I've been here a month and a half, or around there. Days go by pretty fast sometimes around here." She continued to watch his wrapped paw and thought she might add "You won't want to put lots of pressure on it for about a week, but for the three weeks after words it will start to get better. Eat one comfrey flower a day, with a meal, and if you run out ask someone for Safi and I'll give you some more, ok? Do you have any questions?"

A lot of players who had been injured before said that Safi is a really good and nice Medic, always happy to help and yet she was so serious when it cam to large injuries, you could hardly tell it was Safi that was working on that large injury.

SilverLutz

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 am
A month and a half? Not nearly as long as Aya had thought! She must be very smart, then, to know everything she knew. Or perhaps she came from a different pride that she had a medical background in, or she had learned it on her own before coming here. Either way, Aya was thankful that he was in such good paws.

He nodded as he was given more instructions and carefully lifted his paw into the air again. He didn't mind having to limp around for a week, if it meant that he'd get better faster. "No questions," he said with a little smile, his tail starting to wag again. "Thank you, Safi. I felt so silly getting hurt but...I'm glad I did!"

Well, not glad that he had been injured, but glad that he had gotten to meet her because of his injury. "I'll make sure to find you again if I run out of the flowers."

Bloo Starr
I think we can wrap this up in a few more meaty posts X3 Then you can put her in Blu's thread for certing =D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:58 am
Safi smiled at him, and gave him some reassuring words "Don't be embarrassed because you sprained your paw, t actually happens a lot, even in this time of year, so don't get discouraged! and its not like you can't pick up skills from watching your teammates play Kikombe, right? Im sure thats still an option, but you'd have to check i guess...I don't really know anything about the games really, but yea, im sure you can get some skills from watching, no doubt! Oh, im babbling like a brooke here, I'm sorry, Aya! You''re free to go whenever you please!"
Safi looked away shyly, she was known to babble along sometimes, but it was always fun banter, so nobody minded too much, but she was pretty self-contious about it sometimes, so she didn't like that part of her too much.
"Oh, and do you mind if i check up with you when I see you around, assuming I would?" She needed to just check on the paw, her mother did that to her sister when they were very little, and Safi's sister had kicked a tree by accident. Safi had learned everything she knew from her mother, and was greatful for it.

SilverLutz
Sure~

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:04 am
Aya tilted his head as Safi spoke, nodding just a bit. He supposed he could go and watch the veterans play...maybe even get some tips from them on how to hit the shell so it didn't hurt so much! Canine paws were much smaller than feline, so he'd have to find a wild dog or hyena, but he was sure he could do that.

"Oh..it's all right," he said with a little laugh. "I don't mind!" He was used to his sister talking all the time and, while he loved his sister very much, he had gotten good at blocking some of what she said out. Safi spoke about interesting things, so it wasn't hard to pay attention.

He nodded, tail still wagging. "Of course! And I'll be sure to come back if it gets worse," he added, hoping that he wouldn't trip and fall while walking around for the next week. He'd have to be careful about that. Turning, he headed out of the den, limping along very carefully so he wouldn't make a fool of himself and hurt himself worse right in front of the one who had just healed him.

"Thank you!" he called out over his shoulder, smiling back into the den.

Bloo Starr
Last post from me!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:25 am
"Your welcome Aya! It was nice to meet you!" She called out to him as he limped carefully out of the den. Safi went back to the back to continue sorting the herbs and taking inventory about what they needed more of, which didn't seem like a lot at the moment, so Safi decided to neatly organize everything so she had something to do during the rest of her day.

SilverLutz
~Finished~

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out