Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] The Truth Is... (Nanners & Hel) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:05 pm
It had taken her some time, a few days at least, but Hel didn’t return to Salbei’s tent until she had the entire five pages, front and back, of ingredients. A lot had happened in that time since she had picked up the list and now though. A lot. Before she was feeling vindictive, angry, justified and just to sum it all up over all? Frustrated. Hel had been feeling frustrated.

A frustration that had lasted almost an entire year.

Now? Not so much, if at all.

That was why when the tent flap pulled back, there stood Hel with a large bag filled with ingredients, but there were no loud outbursts, or haughty remarks, or vigor, or energy, or excitement. Her dark red eyes were worried as she stared down at the bag, and she stood there, silent, with the bag in one hand and the tent flap in the other, until she remembered where she was, and why she was here.

“…Na?” She called out, her voice lacking any of the confidence she usually had.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:23 pm
Na'ima had been napping on the couch, the one she had claimed for her own despite a certain valkyrie's protests. She was silent, and it was hard to tell from all the veils and scarves draped over her if she was even breathing. For once the tent was not filled with the scent of her hookah and pipe, or of her experiments, as she had woken up for the day and simply come back after a short walk to crash on the couch.

When she heard a voice call her name she stirred, one eye opening and peering through her hair.

...Hel?

How long had she been here? Usually the valkyrie came in with such a loud entrance. Had she slept through it? Her gaze turned down to the bag Hel carried. Oh..? Was that what she thought it was? "Hello, child," Na'ima called out, her voice still carrying that sleepy quality of a mare who had just been unconscious. She sat up, bones creaking and popping slightly as she did. "I regret to inform you that Salbei is not here right now. How may I help you?"  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:28 pm
…Oh…oops. Hel had overlooked the ‘pile of scarves’ on the couch for an actual being. She had caught Na’ima while she was sleeping? Ah…oh well, it’s not like it mattered…it really didn’t. Not anymore. “That is fine…I am not here for him, anyways.” Thank Jack Salbei wasn’t here, actually.

Regardless, the ghoul came into the tent, letting the flap drop. She made her way to the couch, her brows knitted, and her gaze on the floor. Hel flopped down next to her, and brought the bag up for her to inspect.

“Here is everything that you had written for me.” Still, her voice was no where near excited.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:33 pm
Oh? She wasn't here for Salbei? A slow smile spread over Na'ima's lips as she reached for her face veil and put it on, adjusting the rest of her veils and jewelry to be properly worn.

Na'ima would be lying if she said she didn't feel a bit giddy. Everything? Every last thing? Oh, Hel! A ghoul after Na'ima's own heart! She chuckled as Hel sat beside her and offered the bag which she quickly took, opening it and digging through it. She was glad she had put on her veil, it hid the huge grin on her face from Hel's sight.

"Oh, Hel. You have done very well. Very well indeed." She reached out without taking her eyes off the contents of the bag to hold the girl's head and bring her close in a half hug. "Such a good filly you are." A kiss was placed against her head before Na'ima let her go. "This will do nicely, thank you, Hel."

Wait. Hel wasn't demanding anything of her. She wasn't urging her to hurry or..

She was going to regret asking this, she just knew it. "Does something trouble you, child?"

Lucyal

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:30 am
After Na’ima had taken the bag and her hands were free, the reaper took to wringing out her hands.

Funny…she didn’t feel like a good ghoul right now, and she probably would have been eating up this attention if she wasn’t feeling so sour. The ghoul’s eyes widened a bit as Na’ima pulled her close in a half-hug and even went as far to kiss her head. She paused in wringing out her hands, and just froze over all when Na’ima asked her question.

The reaper was silent for a long while, before she released a heavy sigh, and her shoulder slumped.

“…You can use all the items for whatever you want.” She muttered glumly. “…I do not want a truth serum anymore.”

Eight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:54 am
Oh.

Oh happy day.

Na'ima's eyes widened and behind her veil was the happiest grin. All of this. It was hers. All hers. She didn't have to make that stupid thing for Hel, and Hel had still retrieved everything she demanded of her even though the majority of it had been her using the ghoul entirely for her own needs and not the ghoul's desires. Had she any semblance of maternal instinct she may have been trying to comfort the clearly upset young filly, telling her how proud she was that she wasn't asking for the truth serum and that it was okay, she was doing the right thing, don't be sad.

Na'ima was not motherly in any sort of way except toward her younger sister.

She could barely contain her joy as she looked down at the bag and its contents. This had been he best deal ever! And now she could inform her mentor that his young problem child would not be demanding silly things of him any longer! Perhaps this would get Hel out of her hair now. No more loud entrances, no more annoying demands, no more feelings of dread simply from the ghoul being nearby.

This was perhaps the best day ever.

The Sage stood and walked away to put the bag safely under the table; she would sort through everything and put it all away properly after Hel had departed.

When she turned around the ghoul was...still sitting there on the couch looking miserable.

...Oh dear.

Na'ima looked wary now. Why was Hel still here? She had brought Na'ima what she wanted and informed her she no longer needed the truth serum. That meant she was done here. She had no business here any longer. She could leave.

Why wasn't she leaving?

"What is the matter, child? Not needing the serum must mean you have received the information you required with it. Should you not be off celebrating?" Why wasn't she leaving? Na'ima kept her distance from the couch, looking upon Hel with caution. This did not bode well...  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:25 am
Na’ima stood and went off to go put the bag away, and Hel sighed. Oh…she was all alone on the couch now. Now, she was wishing Salbei was here. Salbei didn’t walk away from her when she was upset.

Ugh…she had promised she’d be a better reaper…but…Hel had a feeling she needed this one last time of self-pity.

One last QQ for this couch.

It had been a good QQ couch these last few Octobers, and Hel would QQ on it one more time before tomorrow was a brand new day and a fresh start.

The reaper took off her boots, and then she got comfy.

Oh yes.

Haha, Na’ima.

Hel pulled her knees up to her chest, and then rested her chin on top, frowning now. “No. I did not get any of the information I wanted. That a*****e did not even throw me a good bone when we talked.” She informed the horsewoman gloomily. “I had it all planned out, and it would have been too easy. I would have filled some soda pop bottles, and given him the one with the serum. I could have asked him anything and everything I wanted to know, and I would have gotten an answer but…” Hel trailed off.

“Maybe I would have heard what I always wanted to hear…or…maybe I would not have. Maybe I would have heard something so awful and heart breaking, I would have wished I was still ignorant. After…I am certain he would be so cross with me…so cross, in fact, that whatever little bud I am desperately trying to nurture would be destroyed, and it would be done.” The reaper sighed.

“No…I would rather suffer in an unappreciative and unknowing silence of feelings than to lose what we have so…so there.” Hel scowled softly. “Oh…but I will not lie…to think I could have been so close…” She pinched her fingers together. “So close to knowing something…and now I am wondering about the what-ifs but…no. No truth serum.”

Hel let her hand drop, and wrapped it around her knees once more. She then buried her face against her knees.

“There is nothing rewarding about doing the right thing.” Her voice hitched. “I did the right thing, and I am no step closer to hearing anything nice, and I feel like s**t.”

It was a glorious QQ indeed.

Eight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 am
Hel took off her boots.

Oh no..

Hel curled up on the couch.

No..no...

This was bad. Very bad. Don't. No. Augh. Na'ima breathed in slowly and deeply, her eyes darting down to her hookah. Sanity. Normalcy. Please.

Hel began to speak and Na'ima let her breath out in a quiet sigh, rubbing her temple and closing her eyes. This had been what Salbei had been talking about when he warned her about that couch. This child. How did she so easily ruin everything? Why? It wasn't fair. She just wanted to move on with her life, with her work, to learn once again under Salbei's tutelage and continue to be his favorite.

She was going to ruin everything.

She let Hel rant. Na'ima was not up for this. Every happy feeling she had had over the bag she'd been given was ruined.

Na'ima moved closer when the valkyrie was finally done speaking. She perched on the very edge of the couch beside the ghoul and very, very reluctantly reached out. The tips of her fingers pat lightly against Hel's head. "Th..there, there.." Ugh. "Hel..sometimes..." Na'ima made the unhappiest face. "Stallions...they are..easily frightened creatures. Emotions, sometimes they are afraid of them. In many cultures it is not uncommon for emotions to deem a stallion mare-like, which is, to most stallions, a great shame. They are both independent and needy...and..to feel they need a mare in their life often terrifies them.."

Throughout her entire little encouragement she felt awkward and uncomfortable. Every now and then her gaze would drift to the tent flap, praying desperately for Salbei to return and fix this.

Lucyal

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:55 am
Hel felt the couch shift ever so lightly with the tentative presence of Na. The horsewoman did herself in though as soon as she lightly patted Hel's head and tried to speak encouragingly to her. It was immediate. Hel shifted closer and wrapped her arms around Na's slim waist and half snuggled up on her and to her. The reaper laid her head on her lap and heaved a heavy sigh. Luckily for Na, Hel would not start crying on her.

That was probably the horse woman's only saving grace.

"But he has barely been emotional for me at all." She replied her voice hitching again. "I wish he was needy for me."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:38 pm
Na'ima tensed as Hel hugged her, her hands and arms raising and moving back to not touch Hel in any way, as if the ghoul was diseased and touching her would contaminate the Sage. Whyyyyy? She grimaced as the ghoul laid her head on Na'ima's lap.

The Sage looked to the tent flap again. Salbei, please come home.

"Hel, you are so young. How can you be so sure this is the one for you? Perhaps there is someone else who will be needy for you, if you would perhaps give them that chance.." What was she supposed to do? What would she do if Falair was like this, as unlikely as that was?

Cautiously she reached down to pet Hel's hair with her fingertips, not wanting to actually touch the valkyrie.  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:06 pm
The ghoul wasn't at all discouraged by Na's lack of touching and she just continued to hold onto the horse woman.

"Because it is a feeling." She explained. "But also because no one can put up with me and handle who I am like he does...and even though he has not said it...I THINK he appreciates that he can be himself with me and that I do not ask him to change at all."

Hel heaved a heavy sigh. "I think. He has not said anything."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:19 pm
Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Na'ima cleared her throat, gingerly patting the ghoul's head and eyeing the pipe sitting near her. Maybe she could..just...

"I am sure things will work out if it is meant to be, but life does not always go as one expects.."

How could Salbei put up with this?

"Stallions often, not always but often, take things literally, little one. They can be rather stupid. And your only experience with them is in school, is it not? Perhaps once you are finished things will turn out for the better." There you go now get out please.  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:20 pm
Hel…didn’t look at that assured or comforted by Na’s words. In fact, she glanced at the tent flap too, hoping Salbei would enter, because daddy always knew what to say. The reaper sighed again.

“Well…I suppose if things do not go how I hope…I have my back up plan…” She trailed off for a moment. “If I am alone in three years after I graduate, and I have given it an honest go, Gramps made a deal with me that I can come live with him forever and ever.”  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:34 pm
She was kidding.

Hel was just joking. She didn't mean it. She was trying to rile Na'ima up. There...there was no way..

What child would want to live with an old Stallion? Nothing against her Mentor! She loved Salbei truly and dearly! But..but he was just..and she..and...

This child. This valkyrie. It couldn't be true.

Na'ima had never been more grateful for her face veil before. It hid her emotions well, emotions she would rather not be feeling right now. How?! How was this small little wingless valkyrie able to ruin everything for her?! Her hand trembled just slightly as she pet the ghoul's hair again, this time with her entire hand instead of just the tip of her fingers. She could..just...smother her. Right now. There were pillows on this sofa. She was stronger than the young ghoul, she was sure of it.

She knew how to do it painlessly. Quietly.

She could make it look like an accident.

Blame the Hunters. Yes. It would be the perfect scapegoat.

She breathed in deeply, slowly, and closed her eyes. That breath was held for ten seconds before it was very slowly released, soundlessly so as not to draw attention. "It will work out." Na'ima assured her with as much confidence as she could muster. "Not stooping to dishonest means such a love potion or a truth serum is a step in the right direction, child. I am..so proud. I knew you would do the right thing and not go through with it," Na'ima lied easily, keeping her eyes closed. If she looked at Hel right now it would not end well.  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:41 pm
Sadly, Na, it wasn’t a joke. Nope. It was a real deal…and one Hel would fall back on if, for some reason, things went horribly wrong down the road.

Luckily the reaper didn’t look up from the material of Na’s pants or from the surrounding tent. She was blissfully unaware of any turmoil the Horsewoman was feeling at the moment. Hel was quiet for a moment after she spoke up, before she finally uttered. “…Ya…I think it will too.” Her tone, clogged with emotion before, was smoothed out now. After a moment, Hel pushed herself up a bit, and stared at Na’ima funny. “…Knew I would not…?” She leo-squinted. “…Were you testing me too?”  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff