Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
invisibility Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:10 pm
Ok, so i know the rule about finding spells off the web, books, or any other untrustworthy source. But the rule for all research is to check your facts. I have browsed many unrelated sites and found this spell/powder. i will post it here to see if any of you have tried it, debunked it, or is it legit?

On the night of the dark moon, grind together these herbs in a mortar and pestle:

1 part fern (dried leaf)
1 part marjoram (dried)
1 part myrrh
3 parts dill weed (fresh)
1 part poppy
2 parts slippery elm powder

And yes, i know invisibility will just make you less noticable not actually invisible. i would like to know if this powder has been debunked or not. i dont want to invoke the wrong thing for my purpose. share with me the methods youve tried and its positive outcomes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:16 am
Spells only work if you want them to work. Why would you use each of those ingredients, in that manner, and for that purpose?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:41 pm
It's probably worth noting too that spells can't really defy the laws of nature/physics. So I mean in theory, as you said, it might make you less noticeable, but probably not the most reliable thing if you really don't want people to pay attention to you.

As to debunking, it's not that certain types of spells are total nonsense (I mean yes there are some obvious ones), but it's also matter of knowing what one is looking to do, and knowing how spells actually work. When framed properly, even some of the most nonsense spell work can actually achieve it's purpose (even if it's not how one might originally have taken it to mean).

As to this particular spell - what exactly are the ingredients supposed to do? or what results are you expecting exactly?

Correspondence wise... fern, marjoram, dill weed and slippery elm can all be used for protective spells. However the "poppy" is related to fertility/abundance (which would seem slightly counter-intuitive to your purpose), thinking maybe they meant to add "poppy seeds", since those are related to invisibility, but since they are also related to heightened awareness again seems like that could potentially backfire if not careful. The myrrh just helps to increase the power of the spell.

It's really hard to give any sort of concrete advice without knowing how you are looking to use this. If I don't want people to notice me, I avoid them. I can't say I've ever considered anything like an "invisibility" spell.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:58 pm
Moonlite__Syren
Ok, so i know the rule about finding spells off the web, books, or any other untrustworthy source. But the rule for all research is to check your facts. I have browsed many unrelated sites and found this spell/powder. i will post it here to see if any of you have tried it, debunked it, or is it legit?

On the night of the dark moon, grind together these herbs in a mortar and pestle:

1 part fern (dried leaf)
1 part marjoram (dried)
1 part myrrh
1 part poppy

And yes, i know invisibility will just make you less noticable not actually invisible. i would like to know if this powder has been debunked or not. i dont want to invoke the wrong thing for my purpose. share with me the methods youve tried and its positive outcomes.

I'm thinking the same as San. This is an ingredient list, more than a spell. Why do you think it would work? Do the ingredients have any personal significance to you or are you taking someone else's word for it? How would you use this - do you carry it in a mojo? Is it put in your shoes or pockets? Do you burn it and bathe in the smoke, or use it as a bath tea, or what?

A pile of ground herbs may lend a particular energy to something or have a use, but in and of itself doesn't do or invoke anything. You'd still need to charge it with will and intent, and if you're using someone else's spell your will or intent may not line up with the original effectively enough. Take what's here, and personalize it for yourself. You may find that there are other tokens you could use - a talisman or amulet, a sympathetic or symbolic object - that might work better than the herbs for you.

For me, this wouldn't work. The dark moon works just fine for timing. But I hate the smell of myrrh, regardless of its' properties, and I wouldn't feel hidden by it. Some of the rest of the ingredients make sense to my personal correspondences for those herbs, but others don't. For me, I'd assume fern was being used in association with f--ries and their ability to be unseen. But f--ries are something I avoid like the plague. Aside from that, I'd use fern for weather-related applications, but that doesn't make sense here. Marjoram has no applications that I'd associate with invisibility, aside from its' property as an Air herb. Dill and poppy seed I associate with sleep, so if you're trying to be unseen they sort of make sense as being something that clouds the senses or closes the eyes. And the slippery elm is sort of half and half - it's a commanding type herb that can be useful for extending your will and intent over other people, and it's subtle - but it's more voice-oriented for me, and not sight. I'd use it to keep people from talking s**t about me, but not trying to be unseen.

I've never needed an invisibility spell. Since I was little I've always been able to go find a quiet spot, even in busy places, and people ignore me. It's dependent on not moving around a lot, but I've had people sit on me when I've been sitting on a bench minding my own business, and walk past me while looking for me, not seeing me from inches away in brightly lit areas. I'm not sure how I'd even explain how I do this, or teach anyone else to do it - I just don't like crowds and often want to be left alone, and I project that 'I'm not here' vibe when I need to.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:04 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Spells only work if you want them to work. Why would you use each of those ingredients, in that manner, and for that purpose?

oh yeah i believe that entirely. in fact almost all my workings are my own. things come to me naturally and i make something with it.

and i wasnt sure thats why posted this here to find out why. i mean ive researched all the herbal meanings and the only thing they have in common is protection. blue poppy seeds are used for invisibility. so i was merely just wondering. just wanted to spice things up a bit. no pun intended.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:28 pm
too2sweet
It's probably worth noting too that spells can't really defy the laws of nature/physics. So I mean in theory, as you said, it might make you less noticeable, but probably not the most reliable thing if you really don't want people to pay attention to you.

As to debunking, it's not that certain types of spells are total nonsense (I mean yes there are some obvious ones), but it's also matter of knowing what one is looking to do, and knowing how spells actually work. When framed properly, even some of the most nonsense spell work can actually achieve it's purpose (even if it's not how one might originally have taken it to mean).

As to this particular spell - what exactly are the ingredients supposed to do? or what results are you expecting exactly?

Correspondence wise... fern, marjoram, dill weed and slippery elm can all be used for protective spells. However the "poppy" is related to fertility/abundance (which would seem slightly counter-intuitive to your purpose), thinking maybe they meant to add "poppy seeds", since those are related to invisibility, but since they are also related to heightened awareness again seems like that could potentially backfire if not careful. The myrrh just helps to increase the power of the spell.

It's really hard to give any sort of concrete advice without knowing how you are looking to use this. If I don't want people to notice me, I avoid them. I can't say I've ever considered anything like an "invisibility" spell.

no, im not trying to perform it on myself or anything. its more along the lines of making certain objects of mine less noticeable. not completely invisible.

im trying to make a sort of medicine bag for multiple purposes to hang in a vehicle. i want things that will help ensure safe travel, clairvoyance, success/money, protection most importantly protection for my child. the invisibility to be less noticable by those who know what my car looks like.

idk if what im asking even exists...  

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:39 pm
Morgandria
Moonlite__Syren

1 part fern (dried leaf)
1 part marjoram (dried)
1 part myrrh
1 part poppy

I'm thinking the same as San. This is an ingredient list, more than a spell. Why do you think it would work? Do the ingredients have any personal significance to you or are you taking someone else's word for it? How would you use this - do you carry it in a mojo? Is it put in your shoes or pockets? Do you burn it and bathe in the smoke, or use it as a bath tea, or what?

A pile of ground herbs may lend a particular energy to something or have a use, but in and of itself doesn't do or invoke anything. You'd still need to charge it with will and intent, and if you're using someone else's spell your will or intent may not line up with the original effectively enough. Take what's here, and personalize it for yourself. You may find that there are other tokens you could use - a talisman or amulet, a sympathetic or symbolic object - that might work better than the herbs for you.

For me, this wouldn't work. The dark moon works just fine for timing. But I hate the smell of myrrh, regardless of its' properties, and I wouldn't feel hidden by it. Some of the rest of the ingredients make sense to my personal correspondences for those herbs, but others don't. For me, I'd assume fern was being used in association with f--ries and their ability to be unseen. But f--ries are something I avoid like the plague. Aside from that, I'd use fern for weather-related applications, but that doesn't make sense here. Marjoram has no applications that I'd associate with invisibility, aside from its' property as an Air herb. Dill and poppy seed I associate with sleep, so if you're trying to be unseen they sort of make sense as being something that clouds the senses or closes the eyes. And the slippery elm is sort of half and half - it's a commanding type herb that can be useful for extending your will and intent over other people, and it's subtle - but it's more voice-oriented for me, and not sight. I'd use it to keep people from talking s**t about me, but not trying to be unseen.

I've never needed an invisibility spell. Since I was little I've always been able to go find a quiet spot, even in busy places, and people ignore me. It's dependent on not moving around a lot, but I've had people sit on me when I've been sitting on a bench minding my own business, and walk past me while looking for me, not seeing me from inches away in brightly lit areas. I'm not sure how I'd even explain how I do this, or teach anyone else to do it - I just don't like crowds and often want to be left alone, and I project that 'I'm not here' vibe when I need to.

as stated to too2sweet i had intended on making a sort of medicine bag. i have made one before but come to think of it didnt work cuz i made it with my own material that meant significant importance to me but it didnt seem to work. however it wasnt suppose to protect her against her own stupidity but s**t happens i guess. so idk i just recently started picking up my studies again after having a baby and settling down into mommyhood.. it felt like it called me out to be honest.. anyway thank you soooo much for your helpful post. its given me a good handful of new information i can add to the books if you dont mind?

what does f--ries mean?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:07 am
Moonlite__Syren
what does f--ries mean?
Fairy or Faerie  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
what does f--ries mean?
Fairy or Faerie

were trying to censor the word or compensate for its spelling since its spelled differently? why is that? does it fall under different beliefs?

why do you avoid them? are they unpredictable and mischevious?

i hope im not asking too much. im just really curious and eager to learn. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
what does f--ries mean?
Fairy or Faerie

were trying to censor the word or compensate for its spelling since its spelled differently? why is that? does it fall under different beliefs?

She does it to censor it. I've had no run ins with them before but I know that Morg doesn't want to deal with them because, if I remember right because they are mischievous little snots. So the censoring is like don't say the name don't draw its attention.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:18 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
what does f--ries mean?
Fairy or Faerie

She does it to censor it. I've had no run ins with them before but I know that Morg doesn't want to deal with them because, if I remember right because they are mischievous little snots. So the censoring is like don't say the name don't draw its attention.

oh i see. i will take note of this and not mention it again if it offends people. i dont really believe it will invoke anything over the internet. i just found that statement odd because i thought this was an open discussion guild that touches all bases.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:01 pm
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
what does f--ries mean?
Fairy or Faerie

oh i see. i will take note of this and not mention it again if it offends people. i dont really believe it will invoke anything over the internet. i just found that statement odd because i thought this was an open discussion guild that touches all bases.

This guild is for open discussion. Morg was saying her view of what you posted. Correspondences aren't going to be the same for everyone. And that's what she was pointing out. They were asking why those herbs would work for you because it wouldn't for them. If you had said something offensive we would have said it was and would ask that it be stopped.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:35 am
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
what does f--ries mean?
Fairy or Faerie

I'm not offended in any way. You do what you like with the word, and if you want to work with the little buggers feel free. I won't, though, and I never encourage people to do so. F--ries are, in my experience and in lore, twisted, dirty, nasty critters who really don't have a very high regard for human life. They are not sparkly delicate pixies or delightful impish cherubs or all the other ways the modern world has dumbed them down. At best they're mean-spirited and mischievous. At worst they're actively seeking to lead you to some kind of doom, or your outright death. I go out of my way to avoid drawing their attention to myself - they don't bother me, and I don't bother them. That detente works fairly well.

Just remember - if you borrow the abilities of F--rie in some magical way, it opens you to them. Drawing on their powers to be unseen will place you partially within their realm, and make yourself more obvious to them. That will have consequences one way or another - it's up to you to decide if you can accept those consequences.

Carrying the herbs in a pouch will probably work. Putting something with 'invisibility' on your car might not be a good idea, though - if people don't see the car clearly you're opening yourself up to getting hit by people missing it at intersections and in heavy traffic, and you may find yourself in distress and unable to attract assistance. A bloodstone in your car might work better - it is protective, and also works to make your vehicle less noticeable to people looking to cause you difficulty.

I either recommend you split your purposes up into individual bags or amulets, or to leave the invisibility out of whatever mixed mojo you put in your car.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:33 am
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't want my car to be invisible/less visible to people. Can't imagine that would end well for anyone.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:52 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
what does f--ries mean?
Fairy or Faerie

This guild is for open discussion. Morg was saying her view of what you posted. Correspondences aren't going to be the same for everyone. And that's what she was pointing out. They were asking why those herbs would work for you because it wouldn't for them. If you had said something offensive we would have said it was and would ask that it be stopped.

i see, alright then  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces