Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Gwynonwen the Kelpie (Ready, crits please?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the pin I made for her, or should I change it/make a new one?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No, change it (please comment to tell me in what way)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, make a new one
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Ariaalina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:02 am
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM
User Image
Name: Gwynonwen
Nicknames: Gwyn

Faction: Monster
Race: Kelpie

Natural Ability: Shapeshifting - Every Kelpie has the ability to lure prey into the depths, Gwynonwen's manifested itself first as shapeshifting. Gywn, like all other female Kelpies capable of shapeshifting, can shift from her true horse form into that of a young woman.

Racial Ability (If I'm allowed this too): Lure they have the ability to draw others to them.

Personality:
It's always the quiet ones-
Because she "hunts" by drawing beings in, she learned to conceal her emotions so that she would only show what others would like and what would draw them closer to her. This means that she will very rarely show her true emotions, but, if pushed far enough, will suddenly drop her guise and will show how she really feels.

That is MINE-
Gywn is possessive. Once she has something (or someone in her grasp), she is unlikely to let go until she loses interest.

Carnivore to the core-
Gywn does not hide the fact that she likes meat, with the exception of liver, and dislikes veggies, fruits, and grains. She does not really care if her meat is cooked or not as long as it is fresh. She absolutely will not touch rotting meat and packaged meats, like spam, she dislikes, but will eat in a pinch. As for sweets, she can handle a little bit, but not much.

Celtic by nature-
Because of regional influences, she speaks with a brogue and occasionally throws in a word or phrase in Scottish Gaelic. Most people would think she has a rather thick accent, but she does not notice it. She also tends to wear clothing with Celtic influences and knows many of the regional specialties.

Horse bias-
For some reason, she automatically likes any creatures that look fully equine. It doesn't matter what their actual breed is she'll try to strike up a conversation with them and will never look at them as if they are food, rather, she'll automatically look at them as kin. This bias does not extend to "half-equines" like hippocampi, centaurs, or hippogryphs.

Not a My Little Pony-
Calling her a My Little Pony is about the same as calling Dracula a Twilight vampire, at least it is in her mind. Basically, it is not a wise move, ever.

Out of touch-
Gywn has been by herself at the bottom of a lake for so long that she does not know most technology. This means that she does not use BooTube or Facespook, she has not seen a doombox, a Eii, or even a predator computer. That will change once she gets to Amityville Academy, but she's in for a bit of culture shock.

Curious-
Despite the fact that she's been isolated for a long time and is out of touch, Gwyn is extremely curious and will want to examine anything new she sees, to the point where she will probably wind up looking over quite a few people's shoulders.

Vindictive-
Gywn will always try to give back at least as good as she gets. Meaning if you cross her, you had better watch your back.

Surprisingly low maintenance-
Despite how her human form looks, she is very good at taking care of herself and is not very interested in filling her closet with the newest trends. Rather, as long as she likes what she is wearing (and looks good in it) she is happy.

Skills:
Gwyn is fairly good at sewing and embroidery (she makes and decorates all of her own clothes) and also knows how to cook a fair few traditional Scottish dishes.

Family:
Gywn does not like to talk about her family, so she will avoid the subject if at all possible.
Her mother: Serena
-Like Gywn, she is also a kelpie and is the one who taught her everything she knows. One day, when Gywn was little, she left in search of Gywn's father. Gywn has no clue as to her whereabouts.
Her Father: Unknown
-Gywn has never seen him or heard his name. She only knows that her mother left her in search of him.

(EX) Friends:
Balfour
-For a long time, he had been her friend and visited her by her lake.
-He betrayed by leading a group to her that wanted to kill her.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
The lake where Gwynonwen was a place where she'd never go hungry (there was plenty of food present), but for a long time no one had come there and she had not had anyone to talk to in a VERY long time. After growing extremely bored of this isolation, she set out and happened upon Amityville Academy. Upon arriving, she decided it would be interesting to stay here.

FEAR Ability:

CHARRRGE! (Gambler’s Chance type fear) - A simple and, usually, effective attack where Gwyn shifts back into her horse form and tries to trample her opponent.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Blood Red
Hair Colour/Style:
------Human form: Long (Comes down to the middle of her thighs) black hair that she wears like this. Her hair is intertwined with kelp. It always looks to be wet.
------Horse Form: Long black mane and tail with kelp intwined within it. It always looks to be wet.
Skin Colour:
------Human Form: Very pale. (like someone who has not seen much sun)
------Horse Form: White skin and all of her hair, excluding her mane and tail, are also white. It also shines as if it is constantly wet.
Clothing Style/Colours: Gwynonwen likes wearing low-cut (after all one can't attract lunch if one hides everything, but one musn't show any of the important bits either) red dresses with black designs on them. Thanks to her Celtic origin, she loves Celtic knots. She also wears either sandals or slippers in her human form.
Extra: In both forms, she has very sharp teeth, like most carnivores, but tends to not show them. She's of average height in her human form, around 5'2" and she looks like a Clydesdale in her horse form. Also, because of personal preferences, instead of a purse, she has a pocket. She keeps this hidden on her person and anyone is free to go looking for it, if they feel like losing a hand. She now has a glowing blue lock at her hip attached to chains that wrap around her hips like a belt with celtic runes on the lock itself (from the legacy meta).
References: Something like this with kelp or algae in the hair with celtic designs in black on the dress  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:19 am
Pets

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
E.R.
When you ask Gywn what E.R. stands for she smiles and says "It stands for Emergency Rations." She's joking, right? RIGHT?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Splish & Splash
Though it may seem weird at first for a ghoul to have a pair of water spirits, it does make sense after all Gywn is a Kelpie and it probably would not be very comfortable for her to dry out, to either her or those around her.  

Ariaalina

Ariaalina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:20 am
Sprites of Gywn

User ImageUser Image
by:me (because sprites are about all I do well in the art department xp )

Pictures of Gywn

Human Form (Click to see full images)

User ImageUser Image
Drawn by (in order):
OKami_hu @ Aywas || LunarFox @ TiHM

Horse Form

User Image
Lineart from somewhere on google, colored by me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:22 am
This thread is now open for crits! 3nodding

...and Gwyn is participating in the Legacy Meta.  

Ariaalina

Ariaalina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:49 am
Items obtained:

From Legacy Meta:

Waking up, Gwyn did not know whether she had just woken from a long, tiring dream or returned from an important journey. Either way, she knew that it had ended. It had been strange and confusing, full of strange twists and turns. She had lost everything, only to struggle to regain it. In regaining her memories, in regaining herself, she had remembered many things she had forgotten or deliberately buried. She had remembered what had influenced her, what had shaped her, what had caused her to be who she was.

She had lent these precious memories to someone in order to protect her loved ones and the being she had lent them to had treasured them as she did. The being had been in a castle, hadn't he? A castle that looked more fantastical than anything she had ever seen before and, on every tower, it had flags that had been emblazoned with the emblem of a gold dragon.

A figure clad in armor had been before the castle, not the one who had borrowed her memories, but the one whom he had served. He had bowed to her and showed her respect and he had said something about seeing her again soon and had called her a hero. Then he had shown her three gates, he had said he was returning her to her real self, to her world. And she had heard two voices as she had left:
"As long as there are heroes in this world, I will be here to Protect you." one had said. "and as long as there is doubt in this world, there will be Revenge." said the other.

Shaking her head, to try to clear the fog of sleep, Gwyn raised her hands to stare at them. For some reason she felt that it was weird having a tangible body, one not made up of solely memories. Continuing to stare, Gwyn wondered: Had that really happened? Was it just a dream? Had she saved anyone? As she wondered this, a voice broke into her silent reverie:

"Who do you think you are?"

Startled, she looked around expecting to see someone, but there was no one there. Then the voice spoke again.

"Look at your shadow."

Confused and wary, Gwyn turned to look at her shadow and was surprised to see it was bright, determined and resolute. Shadows were not supposed to be bright, right? Confused, Gwyn stepped backwards, away from her shadow, and, as she did so, it suddenly solidified. It was no longer her shadow, but rather a large, bright, armored shadow appeared holding a great sword. The same sword she had seen in her dream. The same sword that had borrowed her memories. And then it spoke:

"Your have forgotten something. Memories. I borrowed those from you and now you have my word I will return them. You are bound perhaps for greatness. Take these memories and become more than you ever were, greater than you can possible imagine. As long as there are still heroes in this world, as long as someone calls for me, for the need to Protect this world, I will be there."

As the figure said this, a glowing blue lock appeared at her hip, attached to several chains, which had been wrapped around her waist like a belt. Looking closer at the lock, she noted that it seemed to have some sort of symbols engraved into it, symbols that seemed unfamiliar and yet not. As if they belonged to her, but were sealed. For some reason, she felt as if most of them were related to people who were loved and dear to her.

Wondering about the symbols, Gwyn looked up to ask the figure about them, but he was gone. While she had been examining the lock, the figure had disappeared, returning to wherever he had come from, leaving her with only questions and a lock.

OoC
Final Weapon: Lost Memory

From House Cup:
Visitor Pass

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff