Submit

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:57 am
I don't even watch TV anymore, and the damn things are an effin' thorn in my side. Now I have to look at endless facebook posts about Big Brother and "can't wait to see it this week", or "So an so needs to go", etc.

Why do people support this crap? Is it really so entertaining to watch people show their asses as blatantly as possible? Has anyone noticed the sheeple are taking on more and more traits of their reality heroes?

Anyways, mostly I am angry because my RL best friend whom I have been friends with since my age was a single digit has nothing to talk about right now because this s**t consumes her interest. She used to be smart.

I ask her why she encourages these people to continue acting this way, and why she encourages the networks to make more of this s**t that cost them no effort, originality, or money to produce.... You know what she says? She says she is not encouraging it. I ask her what she thinks she is doing, and she says that she just finds it entertaining!

She can't seem to realize that her attention equals rating, and ratings equal money, and money equals networks wanting to make more of it, and networks making more of it equals encouraging more people to bare their asses....

scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:56 pm
Eltanin Sadachbia
I don't even watch TV anymore, and the damn things are an effin' thorn in my side. Now I have to look at endless facebook posts about Big Brother and "can't wait to see it this week", or "So an so needs to go", etc.

Why do people support this crap? Is it really so entertaining to watch people show their asses as blatantly as possible? Has anyone noticed the sheeple are taking on more and more traits of their reality heroes?

Anyways, mostly I am angry because my RL best friend whom I have been friends with since my age was a single digit has nothing to talk about right now because this s**t consumes her interest. She used to be smart.

I ask her why she encourages these people to continue acting this way, and why she encourages the networks to make more of this s**t that cost them no effort, originality, or money to produce.... You know what she says? She says she is not encouraging it. I ask her what she thinks she is doing, and she says that she just finds it entertaining!

She can't seem to realize that her attention equals rating, and ratings equal money, and money equals networks wanting to make more of it, and networks making more of it equals encouraging more people to bare their asses....

scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream
I refuse to watch the series "Does somebody have to go?" At first I was kinda curious about it but then it sunk in what the show is about and then I was honestly repulsed by it.

But yeah, I have to agree most "reality" tv shows are pretty degrading and are unrealistic honestly. If it's not staged, then there is at least producers who push for things to go a particular way and make the people in these shows into one dimensional caricature of some stereotype that will appeal to the target demographic of the show.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:36 pm
I am not familiar with that one. I can bet you I am not missing anything....

But by the end of Fall, I bet I will have a group of FB friend all making me very much aware of it. LOL  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 am
People watch this s**t because they hate their own realities. Being a fake celebrity also seems to be an easy way to get lots of money and other bullshit things. Look at the ******** Kardashians. No talent bitches who people want to ******** and these girls make millions of dollars for doing jack s**t. Same with the Hogans. Other than Hulk, none of them drew a dime on their own talent. Big Brother and other competition shows like that. People wished they could be part of it or more escapism. Lots of those shows have ******** scripts and already know the winner before the first episode is even aired.

I don't watch the crap either. Don't even watch dancing with the stars after the third season when it became abundantly clear that they already knew who was going to win. Don't judge me for watching it. I like the dancing styles from the first half of the 1900's.  

deadmanjay

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:08 am
I ignore tv now... have for ages... not worth taking note of...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:13 am
deadmanjay

I won't judge you for watching DWTS. It actually has content, and it isn't about running people into the ground, or encouraging them to act like asses. I did watch that show with my client when I was still working, and it didn't make me feel like punching the TV in the throat.

That show is also helping to bring back interest in actual real dance, and thus in actual real style, and actual real music that goes along with the eras of dance that go along with people's new interest.

The 2 dance schools in the city I live closest to are actually open full time again. I can't dis that. I had reserved a spot in a couple classes in the past, but since there was never interest to fill a class, they never actually went through with holding the class. Now, the 2 styles I have real interest in (Swing and Tango) are always on the class roster, and you have to actually pay your money to reserve your spot. The lady who runs the place I want to go to gives the credit to DWTS.

I am iffy about the Idol shows and such, but for the most part, I still think it is more about talent than drama. I don't watch them, so I could be wrong, but I do get perturbed by people turning those shows into their only subject of interest for 8 to 12 weeks.

I used to like Star Search and things like that, back in the day. I don't mind talent shows... People with real talent competing with each other. Everybody got recognized just for making it to the show, and people really did have talent. I remember feeling more inspired by those shows to try new things.  

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Ophelias Bathwater

High-functioning Werewolf

13,725 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 am
Totally agreed. Reality TV (and most TV in general) is something I avoid. I follow some competition-type shows like Face Off and Hot Set, but even then I rarely watch them. I don't have cable at home and luckily most of my friends have better things to talk about.

I think any of the popularity contest type shows are pretty dumb. It was novel for a while, but it's overdone now and sites like Vote For The Worst make it an even bigger joke than it already is. But the ones that follow around rich, privileged stupid people who are only celebrities because one day a camera started following them around are the worst. We should not be celebrating these people and showing everyone "they're just like you and me!" Dumb.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games