Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT]Clara the Vengeful Ghost Tiger (Accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:18 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Clara
Nicknames: (none)

Faction: Ghost
Race: Vengeful Spirit/Ghost - (Black) Tiger

Natural Ability: Muddled Appearance - When Clara is upset/agitated (due to her nature when she sees others getting bullied as a vengeful spirit), her figure will become blurred and less defined. This lasts until she calms down and has her emotions in control.

Personality:
Clara lacks self esteem. However, all self-berating is done in her head, and as a result, others might not notice that Clara's hiding her insecurities as she tries to preserve the very little pride she has left. Another reason it might be hard to tell if Clara is hiding something is because of her social ineptitude. Tigers by nature are solitary animals and being captured at a young age and unable to communicate to anyone near her didn’t help. And so, Clara has trouble communicating with others in Halloween as well as with expressing herself. Her face will usually be frozen in a slight frown and her speech is limited to one or two words to a short phrase. However, she will have random spurts of dauntlessness at the prospect of being able to change herself, which may or not be followed by loads of embarrassment.

Clara has a nagging and uneasy feeling when she is near humanoids due to the constantly being surrounded by humans and how cruelly they treated her when she was alive. Of course, she doesn't remember why. She becomes paranoid when dealing with humanoids, especially since all the students in Amityville are forced into humanoid form. She chooses to walk where there are the fewest number of people because she has this feeling that someone will suddenly attack her or something among those lines. Clara has difficulty making friends, and even with the few that she does make, she will doubt their intention from time to time.

As a vengeful spirit, Clara feels overwhelmingly vindictive when she sees people overpowering weaker people and abusing their power. The intensity of her hostility depends on the source (seeing it before her eyes would be stronger than hearing about it, and depending on how the person tells the story). And of course, she is almost completely certain to act if it happens in front of her, compared to if she hears about it (she would have to know who and where and even then, depending on how the story is told, it is easier for her to control herself). Insatiable rage wells up within her and she tries to help the bullied, which often leads to her leaving the tormentor(s) very close to death before she calms down because she can't control her power. After finding herself covered in blood and holding an extremely beaten up (but alive) body on several occasions, Clara shut herself in her room because she was tired of it happening. If the feeling is extremely strong, Clara might attack people she knows, and will come to regret this when she is in more control. When this happens, Clara will want to apologize, but often times, won’t be able to work up the courage to, and will avoid that person if she can.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
With a sudden spark of hope and inspiration, Clara wanted to enroll into a school where she could learn to control her vengeful appetite and learn to interact with others, thus moving from completely socially inept to (hopefully) somewhat functioning. It was because she was rushing to get everything done while she was still motivated that she didn't know about the whole "student wearing pin to force them into human form" thing. Whoops. TOO LATE TO BACK OUT NOW, CLARA.

FEAR Ability: (Battle Cry) hands + fingers become tiger claw-like and are used to strike the opponent.

Physical Description:
Eye Colour: Gold

Hair Colour/Style: Black (you can add like....orange/yellow/gold to places if you want...even some white...unless the skin color is going to be black....then you can pick/mess around with orange/gold/yellow/white) I really like the bangs/front of this hair.... NOT SURE ABOUT HOW THE BACK/REST OF HAIR SHOULD BE. MAYBE THE BACK WOULD BE LONGISH AND SPLIT like the SANDMAN HAIR OR LIKE THIS HAIR?

Skin Colour: This would either be normal skin color (very very very slightly tan) or the fur? (personally, I prefer normal skin + fur pattern elsewhere but I'm not too sure how that will work)

Clothing Style/Colours: NO IDEA. Black/orange/gold/white for colors? Nothing too revealing...I don't think socially inept people try to draw attention to themselves? xD Please try to incorporate tiger stripes in somehow? (also, I like boots ahahaha)

Extra: Expressionless? DEFINITELY EARS AND TAIL? Has charcoal gray fur...... "[they] have thick stripes so close together that the tawny background is barely visible between stripes" so that's how the stripes work (see ref pic)....I chose charcoal gray because she's a ghost so it would be lighter....yeah but up to artist I'm just throwing ideas out there.

References: of all the photoshopped stuff, (I think they're all photoshopped... if you google black tiger, anyways) this is what I think would be best? The orange can probably be brighter....

I plan on leaving a lot of the appearance stuff up to chii so sorry for the messiness and vague stuff in that section...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 pm
Vengeful Ghost: a spirit of a deceased person being who returns from the afterlife to seek revenge for a cruel, unnatural or unjust death.

Black Tiger: a rare colour variant of the tiger (so not a distinct species). So-called black tigers are due to pseudo-melanism. Pseudo-melanistic tigers have thick stripes so close together that the tawny background is barely visible between stripes. Such tigers are said to be getting more common due to inbreeding.

Pre-ghost life:
When she was just a cub, Clara was spotted by a group of humans making their way through the forest. A few phone calls and several hours later, a larger group of humans closed in on Clara and captured her. The details after getting tranquilized were a bit sketchy to the young (and not yet dead) tiger, but she found herself being shipped from place to place and being surrounded by large crowds of humans. It was a rather miserable life, being cooped up and being fed who knows what, and all she did was sit in the cramped cage day after day after day. Clara spent several years like this. She was about the age of a young adolescent (by tiger standards) when one day, the train she was being carried in got ambushed by some people who were most likely after her uniquely-colored pelt. She struggled against them with all her might, taking down a few of the members of the group, but she was weak from malnutrition and lack of exercise, and it was hopeless against humans with their technology. Shortly after, she found herself in Halloween.

Minipets:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(needs a name)

On Clara's birthday, her friend named Shu brought over a box that contained a cat. She adopted it, and although it was a troublesome little creature, she trained it and took care of it and it grew. And then one day, it grew a little horn, and Clara was really surprised AND THEN EVENTUALLY IT GREW INTO THIS LITTLE MONSTER which is apparently the offspring of a cat and a unicorn. Yup.  

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:13 pm

Clara took part in the Legacy Meta.

[heart log]

yylaayl generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:07 pm
[reserved for Clara's lock solo thingy]

1: revenge
2: choice

edit: oh man you are screwed Clara.

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:29 am
One more post reserved for I dunno what just in case....BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO SURE idk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 pm
Um... you wanted a cooler name for your fear ability, how about Hei hu quan? Literally it means black tiger fist. sweatdrop  

Ariaalina

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:29 pm
Ariaalina

I'M REALLY BAD AT COMING UP WITH NAMES FOR ANYTHING and omg that is so cool THANK YOU I WILL KEEP IT IN MIND although I'm pretty much gunna change it probably because yeah...claw strike OTL

MY ONE REGRET IS THAT CLARA IS NOT CHINESE. But yes, thanks for the suggestion ;w;  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:32 pm
yylaayl

Yeah, I am too actually. I only know that one because my dad's a black belt... XD  

Ariaalina

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:56 pm
Ariaalina

Ooh that makes sense * - *  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:03 pm
U SAID CRITS SO U GETS DEM

AS FAR AS APPROVAL GOES-
She will need a natural ability- My suggestion might be that given her form of death she has developed a thick skin effect- her skin can change 'color' to that or a normal tiger or to a skinless tiger. Or perhaps she has the ability to turn fully intangible- thus making cages impossible to contain her.
THAT IS ACTUALLY ALL I CAN SEE FOR POSSIBLE APPROVAL PROBLEMS? The rest is just based on character.

;A; I hope what I write makes sense otl otl

One thing that I notice starting out is that you put a lot of emphasis on what she was pre death- an Rper shouldn't need to read your character's history to understand their personality. I don't say this as a 'history doesn't matter' but more the fact that when you write a personality it should place emphasis on WHO that character is NOW. It shouldn't use vague details from their past. The point is more to give the draw of 'why you want to interact with my character'.

An easy way to help this is to take your profile and remove any and all instances where you cite or allude to the past or some form of 'outside' information. Remember- your reader knows nothing about your character. They don't know details about how they will act alone or in groups, or if they are cynical or more optimistic. They don't necessarily need to know why or how, some details, such as, 'growing up in a home of 10 siblings' might contribute to a trait, in the end, that fact doesn't create nor define the trait, (if that make sense).

Aside from the exersise above to help flesh more of her personality out, try the journalistic questions- Who, what, where, when, why, and how.
If she is violent:
Who triggers it (emotions? phrases? emotes?), what level of violence happens (does it vary case by case?), where does it happen (only in certain places? under certain conditions), when it happens how does it effect her relationships with others (does she apologize? Does she not care? has she come to terms with her violent nature?), why is violence a required or core trait (is this trait something that has ALWAYS existed in her- is it something that will never change or be very slow to change?), finally- how does this trait play into making her an appealing character I want to RP with.

The catch is keeping to the rules of the first exercise, keeping the past from defining the current, and keeping your outside information from effecting the descriptions used to define who she is. The big question- 'how does this trait play into making her an appealing character others want to RP with' is basically, your end goal. its THAT part that you have to aim for.

Again, as an RPer, you want to create something that will look dynamic and engaging to a number of people with open ended ideas from which to springboard possible plots and RPs. The more you focus on her past, or one trait- the more you 'shut down' outside ideas, which tend to make a character, even if diverse and dynamic underneath, come off as too much of one thing.

You have a lot of information, good information at that, but most of it falls under things from pre-death and are reactionary traits, and it gets lost under all of it. They also appear fairly negative in the sense that she isn't the type to feel comfortable with others and whatnot and thats where the emphasis is right now. I realize I'd given likely a lot of stuff for you to digest, but I can tell you have a good grasp of just who your character is, it's just the matter of getting it down on paper so to speak.

Try some of the stuff above and then move onto balancing- for every 'negative' trait, find one that is positive- what would make her an appealing character, a good friend or open up a way for multiple social interactions, (remember hobbies are not personalities!). She's violent but has a deep sense of right and wrong- That trait IS a positive one, and writing about it and bringing more emphasis on how it is a good thing will help your character appear more dynamic and appealing to others.

WHILE I REALIZE A LOT OF THIS MIGHT SEEM DAUNTING- It's actually more just a matter of separation and sorting the information you already have. I can tell Clara has a number of different traits and qualities, but I'm also looking at her with a long critical eye versus a fast once over which leaves a different impression. You have a great character, it's just a matter of making her personality really 'pop'.
yylaayl
otl I do rly deep crits im sorry

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:36 pm
iStoleYurVamps

skldgg thank you so much for taking the time to read everything and going so in depth @ crit ;w; I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT especially since I need all the help I can get I REALLY DO ;w;

When I first started filling out the form I was like why is there no history section LOL (and then I made one -cough cough-)

The reason I emphasize so much history is because she is a vengeful spirit, so something must have happened to have made her the way she is? (I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE WHOLE TOO MUCH HISTORY PART....I'm just explaining myself/asking for more help on what I should do about that if you have any more thoughts LOL)

SO YEAH I read through your crit and I'm slowly digesting/thinking....I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS:

1. So should I just remove all the history stuff in the personality section and change it from [history]--causes-->[personality] to .....personality + what CAUSE YOU SAID YOU PEOPLE READING DON'T NECESSARILY NEED TO KNOW HOW so does that mean I don't put how Clara shows shyness or something? (and she can keep those traits right?) <--OPINION Q and not like...if I don't change it I will get shot down legal question

2. Where should I put the exercise stuff you suggested? I KIND OF KNOW WHERE BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO BE LIKE....you can see the obvious difference between where I stuck it in and make it into frankenstein text or something. (I bet that made no sense)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:12 pm
yylaayl

You're welcome ;; I GET WORDY A LOT SO I WORRY

I WOULD SAYYYYY @ questions-
1-It's kind of hard to say since every writer is different and so is every reader. My personal take is go for Personality-> causes (but try to keep at bare minimum and if you don't HAVE to cite history then flat out, don't add it)-> reactions/examples of. LIKE

Because Timmy grew up with fairly odd parents who were eccentrics and didn't conform to society and so people often didn't take well to them and their lifestyle he became very odd as a result and now will speak to himself when solving problems

vrs

Timmy speaks to himself, which can often appear odd. Growing up with his fairly odd parents it never was much an issue, but for those who don't know him, it can be slightly jarring. He does it without thinking, as to him, verbal problem solving is just how things are done, it's what you do to make sense of otherwise odd things that life may throw at you.

if that helps??
It's kind of less is more rule. The less you rely on the outside factor, the more you can get from the core factors/workings.

and you technically don't have to change XD, personality is secondary with approvals. YOU CAN TECH LEAVE AS IS IF YOU WANT.

2- You can change it to point 0 size font, set it in a quote box- I do stuff on word and save to my comp- or google docs!

A simple thing is just BULLET POINT IT OUT!~ and from there, build. Um, idk if this helps otl  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:39 pm
jksdghjsd thank you once again * - * <--not gunna spam you with any more quoting LOL SORRY ABOUT THAT  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:27 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:28 pm
yyaayl
When no one was looking, Professor Zephron decided to give an impromptu performance on top of the Enrollment Office desk.

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games