Reply Welcome to RAWR
Xallybaby

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xallybaby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:43 pm
Been far too lazy to bother filling this out before now, but since I have a little bit of time today I'm gonna go for it.

Do you have an alias that I might know as rather than the name you have now?(For example 'Capn Agonys')
On the off gaia website I'm known as Xallec, it's been my internet handle for years but a few years ago (before I met all you lovely people) someone shortened it down to Xally and it turned out I liked it like that.

Tell me a little bit about yourself:
Well I'm Raised's wife, babyRAWR's mom, full time student, and passionate reader/writer. My major is in English and what I have to look forward to in my future is loads and loads of grading papers in which people have confused accept and except; there, they're and their; and to and too. Also, Oxford commas make me hott.

What is your time zone?
Eastern Standard, or UTC -5

What are your hobbies / skill sets?
I'm pretty handy at editing, "verbalizing" ideas, oh idk. I'm good at research too. Hobbies at the moment are pretty much limited to running around after babyRAWR, but I enjoy all sorts of boring family activities.

Would you be interested in helping out RAWR with your skills?
Yeah sure, when time permits me to.

Would you like to occasionally lead events for RAWR?
Yeah, now that I don't know about. I like to be the unseen force behind things happening, not the public face that gets all the glory and all the blame.

Would you like to be a VC or Crew? (this takes dedication)
No thank you... that would take more time and energy then I really want to give.

If so, how much time can you devote to RAWR per week?
I'll answer this one anyway, 4-5 hours tops really. Any more and I'd be taking away from homework time.

What day/time are events best for you?
Weekends. Probably... between 7:30 and 10 pm

If you could add ONE THING to RAWR, what would it be?
cookies. RAWR needs moar cookies.

Is it OK for me to post this on a 'Welcome Thread' for others to see?
I think I got a bit ahead of you there.

Anything you would like to add?
I miss my old RAWRian friends from the website days, I miss the late night talks on the chat screen, and the word substitutions.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 pm
Hi Xally!

yum_puddi <------ Is not a cookie.

Do you have any favorite books or authors? Favorite genre, mayhaps?

MusicalPoet

Questionable Hellraiser

11,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:21 pm
-googles OXFORD COMMA-

BTW, is anyone surprised that I fell for a total nerd? no, I thought not. Now, is anyone surprised that I somehow managed to get a hott sexy high class nerd to fall for me?

ya, thought so. Idk either. I kept telling her "you've got X amount of days/hours to back out before you marry me." I think she's insane for going through with it.

Final question to anyone reading this, I'm still trying to figure out how/why she is able to hang out with me with my spelling and grammar as atrocious as they are. I'm sure every sentence I write is like fingernails on chalkboard to her smile

Now, what's this about a comma?

Quote:
The 'Oxford comma' is an optional comma before the word 'and' at the end of a list:

We sell books, videos, and magazines.

Oh..... Since I received a somewhat decent edu, I was taught the oxford comma as a rule. I've always considered "apples, oranges and pears." to be incorrect - a typo. I never knew it had a name. I just knew that if you didn't do it, you looked dum (notice I left out the B there? I did that to remind ourselves that we all are dumb and to try not to be so critical of other ppl smile ).

mmmmm olive-less pizza.

WHo are the old ppl that you miss on late night chat? Maybe we can get them back on it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:17 am
MusicalPoet
Hi Xally!

(By the way I LOVE the pole-dancing bunny, that's adorable.)

Oh well, generally speaking if something is well written I'm going to like it regardless of genre. That being said however, my two favorite currently writing authors come from the fantasy genre (A guy named Brent Weeks who is masterful at intricate plots and characters) and I believe just straight fiction (Pat Conroy, who comes from SC and has descriptions of the state that are so good you feel you've visited it yourself and characters that feel real due to their flaws). Other favorite authors include the typical western giants, the Bronte sisters, Ralf Emerson, Tomas Hardy, etc. When it comes to classical literature I'm a big fan of Victorian Era British literature.
...And you know, I could go on about specific books, authors and genres I love all day. If your eyes started glazing over I'd probably not even notice, were we talking face to face. Heh.  

Xallybaby

MusicalPoet

Questionable Hellraiser

11,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:47 pm
Xallybaby
MusicalPoet
Hi Xally!

(By the way I LOVE the pole-dancing bunny, that's adorable.)

Oh well, generally speaking if something is well written I'm going to like it regardless of genre. That being said however, my two favorite currently writing authors come from the fantasy genre (A guy named Brent Weeks who is masterful at intricate plots and characters) and I believe just straight fiction (Pat Conroy, who comes from SC and has descriptions of the state that are so good you feel you've visited it yourself and characters that feel real due to their flaws). Other favorite authors include the typical western giants, the Bronte sisters, Ralf Emerson, Tomas Hardy, etc. When it comes to classical literature I'm a big fan of Victorian Era British literature.
...And you know, I could go on about specific books, authors and genres I love all day. If your eyes started glazing over I'd probably not even notice, were we talking face to face. Heh.

(I know right! It's just too cute :3)

I really like the fantasy genre. I really like the works of Lynne Ewing and P.C Cast but I'll read anything that can capture my interest within the first few chapters.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:15 am
yum_salmon yum_shrimp yum_tuna according to pokemon these are doughnuts  

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Welcome to RAWR

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash