Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
mini kits!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which store is better?
  books a million
  barnes and nobles
View Results

Winter mink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:14 am
you can get mini kits at books a million or barnes and nobles. they cost 4.00-10.00 in canada it costs more sad  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:53 am
Mini-kits for??  

Bookwyrme

blessed.into.extinction

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:18 pm
mini kits for...mini books? sounds cute but i wouldn't have any good ideas... xp  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:04 pm
Aren't both stores part of the same chain?  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Winter mink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:16 pm
I once got this mini kit where you can grow a bonsai tree. I did something wrong so it didn't work xp  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:21 pm
She's talking about the mini-kits they have in general. smile
I have a henna tattoo kit. I havent tried it yet, though.
I forgot about the mini-kits...I'll have to look next time I go! smile  

Something to Replace

Halliann

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:29 pm
I see them at Chapters, and I too got a bonsai once, but it didn't even grow. I also got a water fountain once, but I cut the cord off and stuck it in my dollhouse garden. sweatdrop

But I do see some and I think 'Ooh, that's cool!'. But I never have enough money. They're around 12-15 dollars where I live. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:35 pm
I bought my friend a zen garden mini kit from Borders and it was so ADORABLE, I had to go back and buy myself one.  

the Rain Maker

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:17 am
Those mini-books are fun for little gifts. A friend gave me the mini-sushi box one year; it comes with a little soy sauce dish and 2" chopsticks (cute but not practical), and a cute book on sushi making. Too bad they always use a glue-binding, so the books are hard to open and easy to rip the binding apart xp

I bought my fiance the mini zen garden and the mini fountain. He uses them as stress-reducers next to his computer (we have to be careful with the fountain though - it leaks!).  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:42 pm
I love those things. I want one so badly but never have enough money. You think somethign so tiny wouldn't cost so much.  

CassieConnors11

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:13 pm
Something to Replace
She's talking about the mini-kits they have in general. smile
I have a henna tattoo kit. I havent tried it yet, though.
I forgot about the mini-kits...I'll have to look next time I go! smile

I hate to but in, but I just wanted to say that you shouldn't expect truly great results with the henna tattoo kit. Most of 'em have been sitting around so long that the powder has demised. What I would recommend is to hie thee over to http://www.hennapage.com and read up on mixing paste (especially terping!) to get the best results you can out of the powder in your kit smile Henna is tons of fun, and if you decide that you like it I can tell you from experience that the summer '05 Jamila you can get on hennapage is the best I've tried yet 3nodding I got dark chocolate stains on the back of my hand, lasted 3 weeks, and even better on the palms smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:45 pm
I love those mini-kit things. I have a whole bunch of them...my favorites were the make-your-own dog biscuit ones. I also have a mini-sandcastle kit, which is really neat, although not technically a craft. It comes with reusable semi-moist sand and little sandcastle molds. smile  

wingedorange

HK123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:47 am
i got a mini water garden once. it had a little pump and you could spray water whith it....it was cute.

i also got a mini zen garden kit too... it was realy calming. i would reccomend it for realy stressed out poeple. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:16 am
I luv mini kits!
Those are so small, cute, and fun to buy occasionally! Both stores have them.

Personally I like them both, but Barnes n Noble is a little better, and there is usually a cafe' in one (Starbucks), so i luv reading a magazine or book while drinking coffee/tea there.  

NightRainSpirit

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff