Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Water Resistant (Chaya & Jory) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:38 am
It was a good thing that Chaya's eyePhone was waterproof, because she'd dropped it into the lake while trying to take a picture of the insectoid minipet that she'd spotted clinging to the wood of the small, half-rotted dock that extended out into the reeds on one side of the pond. Getting out to the end of the dock had been a feat all by itself, and the mini had scuttled further underneath when she'd leaned over the edge, and in the middle of trying to lean over further and get a good angle and brace herself so she didn't end up in the water, her knee had slipped, and in the scramble to keep herself on top of the dock her phone had gone flying out of her hand and into the water with a soft ploonk.

She was going to have to go get it, though. She stared at the water for a few moments, as though willing her lost possession to swim back up to the surface all by itself.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17 pm
Jory was walking by at just the right time to see the phone fall into the lake, and he paused to see the ghost ghoul leaning over the edge of the dark staring down into the depths. "Lose something?" In managed to croak out in a somewhat normal voice, turning and moving up to the edge of the dock the ghost was perched on. "I can go get it for you," he offered, hands wringing awkwardly as bare toes curled against the grass under foot.

prolixity

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:46 am
"I dropped my phone," Chaya explained sadly. Then she brightened as the other creature offered to go get the dropped object. "Please?" she asked. "I can swim but I'm not very good at it. It's not far away, just a little bit out. Are you a water creature? Do you like to swim?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:37 am
Baby blues slid from the ghost to the water, then back again. "I'm an afanc," he offered to her question, fin tipped tail sweeping around his hip. "Definitely water creatures." A small smile followed, and he started forward so he could join her on the dock. When he got to her side he leaned forward so he could peer over her shoulder at the water. "I love to swim." It was one of the few things he was naturally good at.

Another quick glance was turned towards the ghoul, and there was an awkward pause before he stepped back, and with a resigned sort of sigh, pulled his shirt up and over his head. He folded it and placed it on the dock, then straightened up with one arm folded across his front so he could clutch at the other one that was pin straight at his side. He looked incredibly uncomfortable, the color of his skin had lightened a shade, and he was trying hard to avoid the ghost ghoul's eye. "Ah, where did you say it was, again?"

prolixity

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 am
"Two of my armlengths out from the end of the dock, fifteen degrees angle from this support," Chaya reported promptly. "I'm a spectral hound. We find things." She seemed not to notice his discomfort; she wasn't registering the awkwardness, but she wasn't staring, either. Clothes or lack thereof weren't a big deal to her. If necessary, she would have stripped down without a thought to jump in herself.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:48 am
He stared out where she was indicating, then nodded. "Right, be right then."

Whatever awkwardness and discomfort he showed in his own skin was lost the second he dove in. That thin body was streamline as it broke the surface, and he gave his powerful tail a solid flick to propel him forward and down. Now that he was under the rippling surface he could see the phone sitting on the bottom, and he hurried towards it and scooped it up, then kicked off from the bottom and made for the surface.

He was smiling when he came back up, a hesitant, crooked smile, and he slid through the water towards where she was perched on the edge of the dock, holding the phone out for her. "Right where you said it was." It was offered back to her. "Not broken is it?"

prolixity

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:44 pm
Chaya watched interestedly as the boil dove in, his hesitation lost instantly in his element. His tail flicked, and she could see him eeling down towards the bottom, though refraction obscured the details. A moment later, he broke the surface, holding her phone up, and she yipped delightedly. "You found it! You're great at swimming," she said, and leaned over to take it.

The phone refused to turn on, and she frowned at it, mildly worried. "It's not turning on," she reported. "But it should be okay. I downloaded the waterproof app, I'm sure it'll be fine! Maybe it's out of charge." She beamed at him.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:26 am
"Er, thank you." Initial insecurity gave way to genuine appreciation, and he offered another loop sided smile before pulling himself up to sit on the dock beside her, looking down at the phone as she attempted to turn it on. The screen remained stubbornly black, and blue eyes flicked up to teh ghost ghou;'s face before back down at the phone as she mentioned having downloaded a water proof app. App..

Oh dear.

Shoulders hunching a bit, he crossed his ankles under the water, tail flicking nervously and creating little ripples. "Maybe, but.. You know an app can't save your phone from being water logged, right?" Not that he was a leading authority or anything. He'd only had a phone for a little over two months now, and he had so far only figured out how to turn it on, how to use the browser, and how to send messages. Not that he had anyone to send messages to.

He frowned, and somewhat hesitantly reached out to pull the phone gently from her hands. "You might be able to dry it out, or take it somewhere and have them fix it." He flipped it in his hands, staring down at it uselessly. "I'm sorry."

prolixity

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:48 pm
"Oh. It can't? It said it could ... " Chaya's ears drooped. "I can try drying it. If I put it in a bag of rice will that help? Someone told me that," she offered, and patted at his hands. "If it doesn't dry out I can get a new one sometime, it's okay, don't be upset." She thumped her tail once on the dock, trying to cheer him up. He looked so sad ...

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:06 pm
"I think maybe it was offering false promises.." The phone was taken back, and the ghoul patted his hands. It made him look up at her with a puzzled frown, but her expression and her reassurances made him smile. "Shouldn't I be the one saying that to you? It wasn't my phone, after all." What a nice ghoul.

After a moment he extended his had, smile brightening a little. "I'm Jory." Introductions were a little late, but still important.

prolixity

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:00 am
"Are they allowed to do that?" Chaya tilted her head curiously. She couldn't think of any reason that someone would say that their app did something it didn't. How odd.

"You looked sad," she explained. "It's okay, it's just a thing, see." She shook his hand gravely. "I'm Chaya. It's nice to meet you."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:26 am
"I dunno," the boil admitted helplessly. "Did you pay for it, or was it free?" If she'd paid, he knew exactly why they'd make false promises. Greed was a powerful motivator.

His head tilted at her reasoning, caught a little off guard. She really was very kind, and despite being mildly puzzled the soft smile remained. He had never been very well socialized growing up. Their Loc was small, and his clan even smaller. For a long time he'd always assumed that anything new was bad, but in the few short months he'd been at Amity he was learning that that wasn't always the case. "Chaya, it's very nice to meet you."

He blinked, suddenly remembering her question about rice. "Possibly, if the circuits inside haven't been fried. No harm in trying."

prolixity

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:46 am
"It was free. I got it because sometimes I lose things or drop things and if I dropped it in water like I did I wanted it to be safe," Chaya explained. "But I don't know why they'd do that."

"It's very nice to meet you too. I like making new friends." Chaya's tail thumped enthusiastically on the wood of the dock. "Do you go to school here too?"

"I'll try it," she declared. "If it works then I don't have to save and buy a new one, and if it doesn't work it was broken anyway."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:08 pm
"I don't know." If not to make money, then Jory wasn't sure why they'd make an app that didn't do what was promised. Unless maybe it was a joke app. Maybe if Chaya's phone survived he'd ask to take a peek. He hoped she was able to save it with the rice. Eyephones weren't cheap.

His eyes flicked down to her tail as it thumped happily against the dock, and he watched it a handful of seconds before looking back up. "Yes, I started at the end of the summer, just before the house games." It had be a very..interesting introduction into the life of an Amity student.

prolixity

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:35 pm
Chaya glanced back at her tail, just to make sure it wasn't doing something unauthorized. Tails had something of a mind of their own sometimes, and she didn't always remember to go insubstantial when hers started. Often the result was items on the floor, or sometimes even broken, but she tried not to do that whenever possible. It wasn't doing anything particularly hazardous right now. Maybe Jory just liked motion, like felines.

"Oh, the house games! Did you play? I did. I didn't do very well, but I did try." She laughed. "I fell off the obstacle course a few times."  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff