Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Bad News guys

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixelated-Kawaii

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:51 am
Hi it's peachy here. Now....I have bad news.

I logged onto my main, which is momo_the_peachy. Or rather, I tried to log on, only I couldn't. It kept giving me this weird message about suspicious activity on that account. I thought that was rather strange, as that account has been inactive for like 6 months or more, but go figure neutral

The bad news gets worse. As that was my main, every single item worth anything is on that account. My OMG hat, my angelic scarf, my marionettes, etc. The lists keeps going. SIGH.

I'm waiting for Gaia to get back to me, but typical them, they going at a snails pace. Lord, why me? About a year ago, if this happened, I would probably be in tears rolling around on the floor. But, I'm like 'meh. worse things can happen, like my home getting broken into, or my car stolen'. So yeah, pixel items, although I worked very hard to get, are just pixel items after all.

But yeah, if that account sends out any trades or friend adds to anybody, don't accept it. I've reported it to gaia to see what they can do about it. Also, it's probably best to remove momo_the_peachy as a member of the guild, just to be on the safe side. Kay, thanks.

On a happier note, how is everyone? I've been okay, I guess. Not much going on atm.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:33 pm
Oh my, do you have any idea what might have happened? Your account still seems to have its items equipped, so if a hacker was at work, it's kinda weird he didn't take everything. Do you have the account security turned on? Maybe someone tried logging into it and failed multiple times.

I know it's not quite the same, but I had a similar incident on WoW once, where they shut my account down because they thought I was being hacked. Turned out they were suspicious because I sold a lot of valuable crafting items before Cataclysm hit.

Since you've been inactive for over half a year though, I doubt it can be your activity, hm... I find it all weird, and hope Gaia can make heads and tails of this, and if someone broke into your account and stole items and/or gold, I'm sure you'll get it all back. Might take a while though, Gaia is the snail of the devil...  

Ranchi

Tasty Target

writing_in_waters_star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:46 pm
Aw sad I'm sorry to hear that -hugs Peachy tightly- I hope they can recover your account for you and I hope your items will be in tact. I remember a few years ago or a few short years back my Azna account got hacked into. It upset me but I got it back but had lost some items and over 900k gold.

I hope your account is alright and you can get it back. Might want to try turning on that new feature they added that recognizes your IP address and will send you an e-mail if it doesn't match up to what they have on record. It's helped me I think. -nods nods-  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:39 pm
Peachy_Girl_Momo

I think they had a bug recently-ish that locked accounts that weren't logged into for a while, even though they raised the auto-locking from 6 months of not logging in, to 2 years.
They fixed the bug, but those whose accounts were affected still had to go through the ticket system to get them unlocked.

If you forgot the email associated with the account, I think they can give you a hint at what it was? I think I've heard of them doing that for people who forgot the email address.

Good luck getting your account back~ emotion_hug

Blood Pop
Vice Captain

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

mafre

Wheezing Pyromaniac

10,550 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 am
omg..thats really horrible..but yea...we shouldnt take it to heart but its really such a waste.. emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:38 pm
Oh noooo D:
I hope everything turns out well momo!

Any news yet on your acc? D:  

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:58 pm
Peachy_Girl_Momo

Oh My!! So sorry to hear... sad I hope they will get back to you on this...

I have been on hiatus from Gaia for a while until the last few months. I believe it was close to a year... When I signed back into my mule I received the Fairy which scared me at first but it is okay now.

Keep us updated on whether you get your stuff back!! I know I'm genuinely concerned for you!!! emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:51 am
update:

And I still haven't got my account back, even after providing gaia with screenshots proving that the account is actually mine. I lodged a report on it last year. :/

and what is up with the marketplace? it's gone to hell in a handbasket  

Pixelated-Kawaii

█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces