Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Southern Conventions
A-Kon 25 (2014)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:23 am
Dates have been posted:

http://www.a-kon.com/

June 6th-8th, 2014. Anyone plan to go to this?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:53 am
I plan on attending this year with a couple friends of mine.
Last year I was unable to attend A-kon at their new location, so I'm quite curious of what the place will be like.
Still can not quite picture a bigger location then what I have seen at A-kon my previous attendance at the con.

My friends and I are leaving for the con on Thursday. I have heard tales of a six hour wait last year for the badges. 0.o
We're hoping by coming in on Thursday we can avoid such a long wait for the badges.

foxdeamon ninja14

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 am
foxdeamon ninja14
I plan on attending this year with a couple friends of mine.
Last year I was unable to attend A-kon at their new location, so I'm quite curious of what the place will be like.
Still can not quite picture a bigger location then what I have seen at A-kon my previous attendance at the con.

My friends and I are leaving for the con on Thursday. I have heard tales of a six hour wait last year for the badges. 0.o
We're hoping by coming in on Thursday we can avoid such a long wait for the badges.

From what I heard, A-Kon is opening the lines early for next year. As in 9am on Thursday morning early. So you might want to get in earlier.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:00 am
Sifen Yamishi

From what I heard, A-Kon is opening the lines early for next year. As in 9am on Thursday morning early. So you might want to get in earlier.

Oh, wow that is early.
Didn't know the lines were opening up that early.
I figured it be more later in the day for that.
I already plan to have our group leave early since we basically have a six hour drive ahead of us to reach Dallas.

foxdeamon ninja14

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:01 am
foxdeamon ninja14

Oh, wow that is early.
Didn't know the lines were opening up that early.
I figured it be more later in the day for that.
I already plan to have our group leave early since we basically have a six hour drive ahead of us to reach Dallas.

I thought the same too, honestly. But the feedback must have been immense, due to them changing hours of operation for Pre-Reg.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 am
Sifen Yamishi

I thought the same too, honestly. But the feedback must have been immense, due to them changing hours of operation for Pre-Reg.

Must be.

I heard about them possibly doing a mail in for the badges as well this year, but I wasn't too sure about doing that.
I ended up just sticking with what I knew.

But, I guess having an earlier time may help with the organization and give people plenty of chances to get their badges.
Even if it is at quite an early hour in the day.

foxdeamon ninja14

Nyuu-Chan353

Lonely Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:23 am
I'll be working the reg desk this year. I always volunteer for these~.

PS: If someone manages to locate someone at the reg desk, I'll have a prize for their gaia account.

They will give them a codeword, then they have to PM me that codeword for their prize! But they'll have to be told a codeword before you get their codeword!  
Southern Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games