Reply The Harry Potter Movies
voldie's fingers Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:30 pm
have you noticed in the hp4 movie voldemort's hands are all screwed up looking and he cant make a fist. it's weird, i was disappointed with the new dumbledore, and voldemort, they could have cast both a lot better.

The first dumbledore is really good, this new one blows chunks everywhere. the old one had a certain wisdom and grace in his character, the new one is just gross looking, he is like halfway blonde, his beard isnt long enough, he has a dumbass looking hat, he isnt tall enough, and what is up with the braid in his beard?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:33 pm
I loved Voldemort, I thought he was perfect, the actor did a great job. As for Dumbledore, the first one was better.  

covo

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:15 pm
covo
I loved Voldemort, I thought he was perfect, the actor did a great job. As for Dumbledore, the first one was better.
i dont know, he acted rather strangley his lines seemed stressed and rushed  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:32 pm
Ok first off, your gonna have to suck it up and deal with the fact that Richard Harris, the actor who played Dumbledore first is dead, he died your not gettin him back regardless of how great he was as Dumbledore.

Second off I'm gonna stand up for Michael Gambon, I think he's been doing a great job as Dumbledore, you gotta give the man some credit he had some big shoes to fill, I admire any actor who takes over a role after the orignal actor for the role has passed on. Its a tough thing to do. My drama teacher's husband had to do that, he had to fill the role of King Henry VIII (at the Maryland Renaissance Faire) after the man who'd played him for like 10 or 12 years died. He was soo terrified that everyone there was gonna despise him, but infact they all love him now and he's been the king for three or four years now.

As for the hat on his costume, it looks more like a night cap from what i can remember...and that bothered me...but thats not the actor's fault...that the costume designer. I don't recall him looking half blond at all, infact his hair looks like its many different shades of grey, his beard not being long enough is the fault of the make up artists...so again you can't fault the actor. I didn't like the braided thingy in his beard either so I'll give you that...but thats also the make up artists problem.As far not being tall enough you must be crazy, he's only an inch shorter than Richard Harris, the original Dumbledore.

Ok so that ends my rant...sorry I'm just tired of people complaining about the new Dumbledore....what would you have done if no one stepped up to the plate to portray Dumbledore after Richard Harris died?

Avarswiel

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:44 am
Avarswiel
Ok first off, your gonna have to suck it up and deal with the fact that Richard Harris, the actor who played Dumbledore first is dead, he died your not gettin him back regardless of how great he was as Dumbledore.

Second off I'm gonna stand up for Michael Gambon, I think he's been doing a great job as Dumbledore, you gotta give the man some credit he had some big shoes to fill, I admire any actor who takes over a role after the orignal actor for the role has passed on. Its a tough thing to do. My drama teacher's husband had to do that, he had to fill the role of King Henry VIII (at the Maryland Renaissance Faire) after the man who'd played him for like 10 or 12 years died. He was soo terrified that everyone there was gonna despise him, but infact they all love him now and he's been the king for three or four years now.

As for the hat on his costume, it looks more like a night cap from what i can remember...and that bothered me...but thats not the actor's fault...that the costume designer. I don't recall him looking half blond at all, infact his hair looks like its many different shades of grey, his beard not being long enough is the fault of the make up artists...so again you can't fault the actor. I didn't like the braided thingy in his beard either so I'll give you that...but thats also the make up artists problem.As far not being tall enough you must be crazy, he's only an inch shorter than Richard Harris, the original Dumbledore.

Ok so that ends my rant...sorry I'm just tired of people complaining about the new Dumbledore....what would you have done if no one stepped up to the plate to portray Dumbledore after Richard Harris died?
third movie, his nails were all gross and nasty looking, and he had a blondish tent in his hair.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:23 pm
They should've cast Ian McKellan (Gandalf) as Dumbledore. i think they tried to but there was some sort of legal issue  

monochan

Avarswiel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:40 pm
monochan
They should've cast Ian McKellan (Gandalf) as Dumbledore. i think they tried to but there was some sort of legal issue

It was only rumoured that Ian McKellan was being considered to take the part of Dumbledore. However Christopher Lee, the man who played Saruman, was on the list of prospects.
But I still think Michael Gambon is doing a great job. It'd be weird to have one of the wizard actors from LOTR be a main character in Harry Potter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:44 pm
Cannibal_92
Avarswiel

third movie, his nails were all gross and nasty looking, and he had a blondish tent in his hair.
yeah his nails soo didn't look gross...and his hair definetly did not have a blondish tint to it....  

Avarswiel

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:00 pm
monochan
i agree he would have been a much better candidate, well it dont really matter he will die off in a couple more movies  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:02 pm
Avarswiel
Cannibal_92
Avarswiel

yeah his nails soo didn't look gross...and his hair definetly did not have a blondish tint to it....
look at his nails in the third movie where he fixes the portrait, his nails are long and havent been cleaned in a while and his hair did have a blonde tint to it watch the ******** third movie again mad  

[Hollow Point]

[.Transexual Walrus]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:22 am
[Hollow Point]
Avarswiel
Cannibal_92
Avarswiel

look at his nails in the third movie where he fixes the portrait, his nails are long and havent been cleaned in a while and his hair did have a blonde tint to it watch the ******** third movie again mad

Out of sad obsession I have probably seen the 3rd film more times then anyone... pathetic but true and I assure you the was no blonde tint. So get your eye sight tested...however I am not sure about the nails I don't pay close enough attention probably and to be honest I have this argument with my friend

But heres my oppinion Michael Gambon is an amazing actor, and he is doing and amazing job. It is as stated exceptionally hard to fill any actors shoes espeacilly if said actor has died. However it has to be done. Michael Gambon's Dumbledore is different....but not bad, I fail to see your problem with him I mean you are fine to have a prefernce but your argument lacks substance...and personally I prefer Michael Gambon and his bizzare beard brade because it gives me something to focus on if Emma Watson happens to be in a scene with him.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:58 pm
[Hollow Point]
have you noticed in the hp4 movie voldemort's hands are all screwed up looking and he cant make a fist. it's weird, i was disappointed with the new dumbledore, and voldemort, they could have cast both a lot better.

The first dumbledore is really good, this new one blows chunks everywhere. the old one had a certain wisdom and grace in his character, the new one is just gross looking, he is like halfway blonde, his beard isnt long enough, he has a dumbass looking hat, he isnt tall enough, and what is up with the braid in his beard?

you are right. The first one was alot better than the 2nd, but i think we would think like that if Emma doesn't do any more movies and they get someone else would play her. As for Voldy you are right about him, but i guess that was all they had to work with so what can you do.  

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

xX Loony Luna Xx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:20 pm
I think both Dumbledore actors did/are doing fantastic jobs. If there is any blonde tinge (which I did not see when I rewatched the movie-perhaps its your screen?) or gross fingernails, that's not the actor, that's the director/costume designer/producer/etc. who is involved in doing that kind of stuff. I would imagine a wizard that is over 100 years old wouldn't have nails or hair like new anyway.

It can't be helped that Dumbledore #1 is no longer with us. I don't understand the big problems. I feel Dumbledore #2 is a fantastic actor that fits the bill perfectly.

And that's my opinion. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:21 pm
covo

yeah the first one was better and yeah voldemort was pretty good. I think the only reason most people like the first Dumbledore was better because he was in the first two movies so we got to know that one better and then next thing you know there is a new one and its kinda hard even after three movies to see this new one.  

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

hiwhatsup195

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:33 pm
The actor casted for Voldemort was very good in the movies. As for Dumbledore, give Michael Gambon some credit. He has to fill some very big shoes. I know, most people did like Richard Harris better, but Michael Gambon is doing a very good job. How he looks is not his fault, it's the costume designer's and the directors. Don't blame him because he doesn't look like Dumbledore for the part.

This is just my own personal opinion though.. biggrin

The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces