Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Quillan Atramentis - Ink Demon- accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:34 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Quillan Atramentis (idk hao2name)
Nicknames: (idk I guess Quill or whatever other characters make up)

Faction: Demon
Race: Ink Demon

History: (I know history isn't important, I just wanted to mention a few things and didn't really know where to put it) Quillan is the fourth and youngest in his family who all have careers in writing of some sort, and they expect him to follow suit.

Natural Ability: He can make ink secrete from his right hand (this varies with other ink demons) and it's rather slow (it would just be a bit faster than a leaky faucet but it would be more than one droplet) and it starts where his elbow is (inside of his arm too) and it seeps down slowly. He can turn this ability off (or there would be ink everywhere ahahaha).

Personality:

Love of writing: (not really a personality thing BUT IDK WHERE TO PUT IT) Quillan loves writing, especially fiction, which is why while he could pursue a career in nonfiction like journalism, he would rather write fiction. His parents don't mind as long as he goes into writing.

Avid note-taker: (also not a personality thing, I just wanted to have this down somewhere) Quillan also loves writing notes in his little notebook. This can range from class notes (in which he will write down everything the professors say) to details about an odd looking flower he finds one day in the courtyard. He records anything of interest to him and especially loves scenic details, and most of the things written in his notebook are for ideas for stories.

Inability to remember names: Generally, Quillan is excellent at remember what he's read: if you ask him about the protagonist of the book assigned for reading in a class, he can give you the exact description given throughout the book of the character's appearance and personality but cannot recall the name of the character or the book or the author. This applies to all names (so names that are spoken to him, names of streets, etc.) and he does remember names eventually but they have to be repeated many times.

Can only single-task: Quillan can only focus on one thing at a time, and his attention can quickly switch when he finds something he finds more interesting. The subject of his attention usually changes when he is tired of or avoiding the current subject (ex: a teacher yelling at him); otherwise, he is completely focused on what is in front of him or what he's currently thinking. If he's focused on his dinner, it will take more than calling his name and prodding to get his attention.

Friendly: There is no one that Quillan won't approach, especially if he wants to ask whoever about something. He can be a bit brash and not put the situation into consideration (he might not realize the other person doesn't want to talk about a birthmark he noticed). He keeps an open mind of the person if he's never met him/her before.

Oversensitive: Although Quillan is quick to talk to others, he is easily hurt by insults and mean remarks, even silly nicknames. When this happens, he cannot verbally defend himself, will try backing away / leaving (or at least he will try) and will usually become teary-eyed.

Gullible: Quillan will take whatever others say seriously unless he has been exposed to the situation many times (like a specific joke). Otherwise, if you tell him you are magical pink unicorn that poops glitter, he will completely believe you.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Quillan has major issues coming up with anything original - basically every time he tries he either cannot get words on paper or he writes something that he thinks is his own but turns out to be almost exactly like something he's read. He's hoping to break free from this by coming to Amityville because what better way is there than to draw inspiration from a school full of diverse characters of different backgrounds and stories to tell?

FEAR Ability: [Battle Cry] He can solidify ink into letters and symbols (which are like size 20 on Microsoft Word and the letters are sharp and thin, so they hurt but are fragile) which he hurls at opponents (he can solidify approx. 1 pint of ink). As he has better control (so Y2, Y3, etc), the amount of ink he can solidify increases.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: idk
Hair Colour/Style: Maybe midnight blue hair where his horn starts and the farther away it is (like the tips of strands and the back of head would be farther away), it gets either whiter? // straight, short (at most, neck length?) hair but messy (maybe a few strands or clumps sticking out? idk I'm just going to link fanart from k project (guy on far left) and say a bit messier than that), or like the guy's hair in this or this (guy in top right panel) or this (I might just be throwing random boy hairstyles I like at you whoops) and he has this kind of sticking out of the top of his head and it's like a loop in the middle like the "delete" correction mark
Skin Colour: Fair?
Clothing Style/Colours: He has a beret/cap/tam like on Flight Rising (ahaha), which I can get pics of if you don't play |D, but I'd prefer if he was holding it or something so that bit of hair sticking out of his head is visible but I don't really mind...just know that the hair is there.
Extra: He has three red lines that look like pen marks underneath his right eye (ahaha because eye = i = has to be capitalized /gets shot a million times). Also his left hand (dominant/writing hand) is black (from ink supposedlyish) and there is less and less as it goes up his arm? Elbow up should be ink-free. Also he has horns that are like this except they are straight (so they go back instead of curve) and maybe the tips go a bit past the back of his head? (and more ideas... maybe the tips can look like they've been dipped in ink?) so white + black ink or just completely white (if no ink idea)?

(idk if you want to draw this or not) He has a one-shoulder backpack (not sure what it's called lol) and usually has papers sticking out.

References: idk this is ink on hand picture? I also realized the horns I had in mind are a lot like these horns, except thinner and very slightly less curved?

How I want the delete mark to look like (out of the ones I found on google images)

ALSO HAVE AN IDEA THING FOR CLOTHES (was kinda looking at bottom left one? I KNOW THESE AREN'T WHATEVER I TOLD YOU ON AIM BUT I'm basically just throwing pretty things I like at you /shot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:20 pm
Points of Concern:

• I tried to fix any I had before :'DD
  • Is species okay? I know there are probably other species that already exist (like chii suggested squid monster and inkwell haunt or something) but I kinda wanted it like this? But if there's something wrong with it or if there is something suggested that would go with what I want that is better than just "ink demon", I am more than willing to change :D
  • There is probably quite a bit of extraneous info? Or info that could probably fit into a personality trait but idk what to call it (help is much appreciated?)

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:55 pm
Ready (and excited ... and nervous) for comments/crits :D  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm
yylaayl

GREETINGS FRIEND heart

Species > A+ love ink stuff so I wholeheartedly approve of this.

Nat ability > Sounds okay! It's good that you put some limits on it / some things to make it more applicable to a Y1 student, and I like that it's slow and drippy and not all that strong, but that he can still use it to make messes if the situation allows.

Personality > Mostly okay, though "inability to remember names" seems kind of out of place. I know there is an actual medical condition where the brain has issues placing faces / names / etc, but that mostly deals with humans and other actual people, less so about something he's read. Does this condition also refer to people or just to thinks he's read? If it's the later, it could just be that he has difficultly recalling details about things. Otherwise his personality seems good!

Reason for enrolling > I like this a lot! Very original. C:

FEAR > Also good! Though a bit of clarification is needed - are we talking like giant letters and numbers or like the kind you stick on refrigerators? Other than that, it seems okay!

Overall he seems great, I love what you have! biggrin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:23 pm
kuroopu

Ahhhhh thank you meez ;w; <33

Hmm... I guess I typed it out to be more drastic than I thought it would be? I was thinking it was going to be all names (so when others introduce themselves to him, he would have issues remembering their names unless it gets repeated a lot of times) and it's kind of like how some people are better at remembering dates and numbers than other people (but with names).

But YES THANK YOU SO MUCH ;w;  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:07 am
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:48 am
yylaayl

"Would contestant number five please come forward?"

Selene sat at the secretary's desk, hands folded neatly in front of her. A lineup of gnomes wearing sashes stood on the wall opposite her, and each of them held a single red pen up.

"And what makes you think your pen is the right one for me to use?"

The gnome fidgeted, before shaking the pen slightly. "This one is a ballpoint, and it has a full cartridge, and - ma'am, may I ask, why are you making us-"

Selene slid her snake tongue out menacingly, the long appendage almost snapping in his face. He let out a squeak, and continued. "It writes smooth as silk and-"

"The winner is, contestant number five! Everyone else please leave in shame!" The professor plucked the red pen out from the gnomes hands, and returned to grading her papers.

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games