Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
Dearly Beloved

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:38 am
I was talking to the Spirit last night, and He showed to me just how much God loves us.

Genesis 5:24
Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Hebrews 11:5
By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: "He could not be found, because God had taken him away." For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.

Do you feel far away from God? Far removed? That He only looks on you from on high? He does not. He is a personal God. He is right here with you. Walking with you. God is omnipresent. Our relationship to God is like Enoch's because Jesus righteousness is ours now, and his righteousness is perfect. Whether you are feeling way down low, or up high your position with God is the same. He is walking with you. It doesn't change either, because what Jesus did for you is eternal, it is everlasting. There is no need for anything else to be done that your relationship with God should be right. It is complete. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:35 am
Garland-Green
I was talking to the Spirit last night, and He showed to me just how much God loves us.

Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: "He could not be found, because God had taken him away." For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.

Do you feel far away from God? Far removed? That He only looks on you from on high? He does not. He is a personal God. He is right here with you. Walking with you. God is omnipresent. Our relationship to God is like Enoch's because Jesus righteousness is ours now, and his righteousness is perfect. Whether you are feeling way down low, or up high your position with God is the same. He is walking with you. It doesn't change either, because what Jesus did for you is eternal, it is everlasting. There is no need for anything else to be done that your relationship with God should be right. It is complete. heart

Thank you..for sharing that beautiful reminder. God bless you Garland and may God bless all of you who have read the above message.
emotion_hug  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:44 am
Spirit Reborn
Garland-Green

Thank you..for sharing that beautiful reminder. God bless you Garland and may God bless all of you who have read the above message.
emotion_hug
emotion_hug Thank you for the blessings. God bless you too Spirit Reborn! I hope you are having a good Christmas.

Rom. 5:1,
"therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:13 pm
Thank you for sharing that. :3 It wasn't so long ago that I felt so far removed from God's presence over an addiction I was struggling with that I felt for certain that he must have been so angry and so unhappy with me. I knew he still loved me, and that he forgave me even with every slip up, but it was so hard for me to believe it in my heart because I couldn't fathom how he could possibly love me even after every mistake I made.

I have since been healed of the addiction and I can see now that he wasn't angry with me, he was waiting for me with open arms to come to him and let him heal me. Though I no longer carry the guilt and the shame, it still never ceases to amaze me just how much he really loves all of us.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:45 am
Jewelies
Thank you for sharing that. :3 It wasn't so long ago that I felt so far removed from God's presence over an addiction I was struggling with that I felt for certain that he must have been so angry and so unhappy with me. I knew he still loved me, and that he forgave me even with every slip up, but it was so hard for me to believe it in my heart because I couldn't fathom how he could possibly love me even after every mistake I made.

I have since been healed of the addiction and I can see now that he wasn't angry with me, he was waiting for me with open arms to come to him and let him heal me. Though I no longer carry the guilt and the shame, it still never ceases to amaze me just how much he really loves all of us.

My pleasure! heart All addictions can be broken. There is nothing that is too hard for God. It really is amazing. We are so undeserving, and know that we are undeserving in ourselves of his love, yet he loves us so much. If we slip up we should and can always get up and ask forgiveness, and try again.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Emphasis mine

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:49 am
Yes, that is true. Jesus walks beside us and is in us as children of God. I like where it says in Deuteronomy 33:26-27 " there is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides across the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms..."  

Cherie23

Inspiration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff