Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:44 pm
MSTARI

The young lioness was strolling through the pride, looking for someone who needed spiritual guidance. After all, what use was it being a Priestess if you didn't have anyone to...preside over? Pries over? Whatever. The point was, if she wasn't doing something for somebody, she was just being a lazy lioness who should probably be out hunting.

And since she didn't really like being around those laid low by disease, Mstari aimed her steps for the dens of those who were healthier. Or those who weren't even lions at all! After all, this wasn't a pride entirely of lions. Just mostly. But that didn't make other species bad, just ask Mstari! Wasn't her brother Sasta a leopard? And her other brothers leopons like their parents? And weren't two of her grandparents leopards?

Well, the point was that lions weren't the best. Just Mstari, if you asked her.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:55 pm
User Image

Ua was wandering around the pride looking lost. He wasn't working today so he was looking around the popular den areas, starting to think he ought to relocate himself. Change of scenery could be nice, he told himself.. but he wasn't really settled on the plan, perhaps because he wasn't exactly sure he could find a good spot.

Hmmmm...

He hummed as he walked about, not paying any particular attention to who was around as he focused on trying to keep track of where he was and what he knew about the area. He was going along, set to walk right into Mstari and not even realizing it.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:02 pm
Mstari was looking around her, trying to find someone, anyone, that she could help, when she looked forward to see a pink lion right in front of her.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, stopping her forward motion, a few lengths away from the other lion. She hadn't expected someone to show up right there, and without her even noticing! Once Mstari got over the initial shock, she looked him over. That pink fur was distinctive, and she remembered that he was related to the Master Warrior. It was something complicated, but really, who needed to know more than the basics? He was related to Mittere, just like she was related to Sliabh, and that was that.

Of course, that didn't tell her his name. Which was kind of stupid of her, since she knew he wasn't that much older than her, and they had played as kids...a little bit? Somewhat? There'd been a lot of kids in the Kitwana at that point, or so it had seemed to Mstari.

"What're you doing?" she asked, breaking her train of thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:10 pm
Ua was startled out of his hunt by the sudden exclamation before him- his stop was so abrupt, he almost lost his balance. Wide-eyed, he managed to catch himself before he actually fell but he stood still for a moment as the shock wore off. If Mstari had any thought that he might be more graceful or steady for his relation to Mittere, it was apparent very quick she was wrong.

He smiled and straightened himself up, getting a good look at her a few seconds before she finally spoke up. He recognized her, and immediately recognized her as part of one of the strangest families he knew around the pride, particularly because nobody seemed to be the same thing. Already he liked her for that, his family was weird in other ways but its weirdness was undeniable.

"Just walking," he said, continuing with a chuckle, "I guess I should be paying more attention to where I'm going."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:13 pm
"Well yes. You should," Mstari replied choppily. And here she'd been ready to explain to him why it was important to pay attention to where you were walking and he seemed to realize it exactly. That was disappointing, as the lioness liked being able to tell people what they should do. It was what made her a good Priestess, or so she told herself.

"Where were you going, that you weren't paying any attention?" the lioness pressed him for more information. She couldn't believe that he'd just been aimlessly wandering. Sure, she hadn't known where she was going, but she'd known what she was looking for and was paying attention to where she was going. Mostly. Enough. She hadn't almost walked into him, now had she?

So there.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:19 pm
He wasn't at all put off by her reply, it was lucky she had noticed him or they might have collided. It probably wouldn't have hurt that much but it would have been awkward.. more awkward than this already was, anyway. He did hesitate, however, before answering her question.

"I was thinking about moving to a new den," he said, looking around them again, "Haven't been able to find much right here that wasn't occupied, but I suppose that's what you get checking out an area that's already so popular."

That was probably also a good reason to be paying more attention to where he was walking. Of course he would run into somebody.

"Is your den around here?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:24 pm
A new den? Mstari puzzled over the words. Then she realized.

"Goddess! You mean you still live with your parents?" The Priestess, of course, didn't. In fact, she'd moved out as soon as she was old enough. It wasn't that she didn't love her parents or her brothers, but by the Goddess, a girl needed her space! Her privacy! And the ability to bring a male home without having to justify it to six other people.

"My den's over that way," Mstari gestured vaguely to an area closer towards the diseased folk, but still a ways out from the pride's center. It was, coincidentally, also away from her family's dens. Not that that had had anything to do at all with her choice. The den itself wasn't as big as many, but it was more than enough for her current needs. When she did take a mate, she had every intent of moving into his larger space.

That's what mates were for, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:34 pm
"No! Well- I mean-"

Ua shut his mouth and kept it closed, letting her think whatever she wanted. she didn't say much else, at least, except to indicate that she lived closer to the sicker lions. He looked off in the vague area she gestured to and bit back a frown, looking more thoughtful than worried. He had thought maybe he should head that way, he'd be closer to anybody who might need his help as a healer and, well, the disease was slowly creeping up on him.

After a minute or so, it was almost like he'd forgotten she was standing right there.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:37 pm
Mstari waited for him to say something interesting, to defend himself about living with his parents, to say something. But after an aborted attempt, the pink lion didn't say a word, just stared off into the distance. The lioness made a face. It was all very well for him to not pay any attention when he didn't know she was there, but when they were in the middle of a conversation? No way!

She went right up to him and, as if he were one of her brothers, waved a paw in his face.

"Helloooooooo? Anyone home?" she called out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:12 pm
Ua was jarred back into reality, jumping back a bit at the shock of having the strange female come so close and act so familiar. He was having an off day, apparently, standing in front of a perfect stranger and letting his mind wander that way. He gave himself a shake and then smiled at Mstari.

"Sorry, guess I'm a little distracted," he explained sheepishly, "I don't have my own den but I know I should, that's why I'm out looking now. My name is Ua, by the way."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:19 pm
Well, it was absolutely obvious that he'd been a bit distracted, as well as that he didn't have his own den and that he was looking. In fact, the only less-than-obvious thing the pink male had said recently was that his name was Ua. Which sounded familiar. Mstari frowned as she thought.

"Oh, don't you have a brother named Kua?" she replied. She remembered the name now, and remembered how fun it had been to say "Ua and Kua". Or "Kua and Ua"! It often made her wish that two of her siblings had had names so similar. Or that she had a sister like that!

Unfortunately, she had no sisters at all. Which really, really sucked. And even if her parents had more kids, they'd still be so much younger, and they'd be babies for soooooo long.

Being the only girl really really sucked.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:26 pm
He blinked.

The expected reaction to an introduction was another introduction, not an innocent but awkward question about family members. All hope of learning the name of this mysterious lioness he nearly walked right into seemed gone and it took him a few seconds to figure out how to answer her. He would never really get over his brother's death, but he had come to accept it. He had to, it was a fact of life around here but that seemed especially true of his own family.

"Yes," he said, looking more confused than anything else, "I did."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:29 pm
The lioness had a grin on her face and her mouth was opened to ask another question about the absent Kua...

...when Ua answered her question in past tense and the smile drained from her face. Oh. Whoops. It wasn't at all uncommon for families in this pride to lose youngsters to the disease. It had simply never happened in Mstari's immediate family. Which likely had something to do with all the leopard blood. It didn't even cross her mind to think that she was actually the most vulnerable to the plague in the family.

"Oh," she answered in a subdued tone. "I see. Sorry."

Then she realized she hadn't introduced herself. "I'm Mstari."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:35 pm
Ua didn't frown until Mstari frowned. He hadn't mean to make things more awkward, but the truth was hard to avoid and pretending Kua was still around would only make things more awkward. Thinking about it, he was surprised this didn't happen more often since he and Kua did have such similar names. It made it tempting to lie and tell her it did happen all the time but he'd been too stunned to be cool, his stupid face probably made it perfectly clear she had surprised him.

"Nice to meet you, Mstari," he said, putting a smile back on.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:39 pm
"Yes, isn't it?" the lioness replied without skipping a beat, leaving the awkward and potentially painful subject of Kua behind. Then again, she was always happy to draw attention to herself.

"I haven't really seen you around since we were cubs. What is it that you do?" He had to have some kind of productive rank in the pride, since only the royal family could get away with lazing around all day. Of course, there was work and there was work. The pink male didn't exactly look like someone who did a lot of physical work every day, but he had to do something.  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff