Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Tama was prowling around the borders, bored. He knew he should probably be waiting for visitors to help keep an eye on, but it had been quiet lately. Almost too quiet. Part of him wondered if less animals were visiting because of the changing seasons. Less visitors meant more boring times, but...he certainly wasn't going to be pushing any boulders over soon.

Bright blue eyes were spying on the brown leopard. Kumi herself was extremely bored, so the solution was to stalk one of her fellow pride members. Give him a scare, and get a good laugh out of it! Papa would be proud of that, right? Sneaky games were his cup of tea.

With a slight pause and wiggle, she leapt out of the cover of the bushes and pounced on Tama.

"Aah!" Tama was not expecting anything, and fell completely onto his back. Confusion echoes across his face as he heard laughter, trying to decide who was laughing and what the hell just happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:36 pm
User Image

Uhaijizi had been lurking around this pride for a couple days, surprisingly well hidden in the shadows. He found it extremely interesting, they didn't seem to have just one god, or even several. They had a great respect for just about everything. It was intriguing enough to keep him around but he hadn't yet been convinced that he ought to come right out and ask for a tour, or even venture especially far in.

He happened to be nearby, passed rather closely by Kumi when she sneaked by, apparently hunting the guard he'd been watching. He grinned-- and then he joined in her laughter when she successfully caught her prey.

"Impressive," he called out, stepping out of the shadows and dropping the illusion that was helping him stay out of sight, "Catching a guard off-guard."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:43 pm
Kumi's face lit up when she realized that someone else was laughing to! She didn't even think that it may be strange that someone else was around spying on them...Papa did that enough anyway!

"See, its funn, Tama!"

The lion finally got himself upright, grumbling the whole time. It seemed wrong to be angry at a female, so he held his tongue as he straightened himself up. "Kumi..." That whole family was full of gossipy troublemakers...but Tama was more startled when he realized just where that second set of laughter was coming from. "Uh, Kumi..."

The leotah turned her head to see....!!!! "Heyyyy! A visitor!! Hi there!"

Tama could have smacked her for being so...airheaded. "That's a god, Kumi, show some respect."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:54 pm
There weren't very many ways that could have gone but he wasn't disappointed by the reaction of either of them. He stepped closer, beaming at them and making no effort to hide anything about himself- though he managed not to make a show of his wings.

"Uhaijizi," he introduced himself, "God of Predators. You two are guards for the pride here?"

He tilted his head. He wasn't so sure about the pink one (in fact, he wasn't even sure what exactly she was) but it made sense if she was out here on the border, too.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:04 pm
Tama nodded to Uhaijizi respectfully. "I am Tama, and indeed I am a guard to these lands. This is Kumi, who is a guide in our pride." He eyed her carefully, trying to judge if she was going to be as forward as ever. Probably. Sometimes he worried that she was going to offend the wrong visitor...this seems like one one of those.

Kumi bobbed her head happily. "As a guide, I show visitors around to the various shrines that we have for gods like you." Then it dawned on her. "Um, well...I'd be happy to give you a tour but...we currently don't have a shrine for you...yet...." She laughed it off, since they were always putting more shrines in when the need came up. Kumi guessed this need was going to bump into the front of the line. She had never heard of a god coming to visit, at least as openly as this!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:10 pm
Uhai nodded to Tama and then looked at Kumi with greater interest when he revealed she was actually a guide. So he'd found exactly what he needed if he wanted to look around properly, that was good! But then she started mumbling and trailed off. His ears tilted forward and his eyes squinted as he struggled to follow what she said, then he blinked- surprised, then disappointed.. and not bothering to hide it.

"Oh, well," he said, looking thoughtfully, "What about Remembrance?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:19 pm
Kumi shook her head. "Not yet. I do know that its in the queue, the carvers are working on a shrine stone for it thought." She curled her tail and looked a bit more confident, since she knew that much...or was just a really good liar.

Tama wasn't sure what Kumi was talking about, but he figured that the guides would have a better idea on what shrines were being worked on. They had to memorize where they all were, so why would she lie? He didn't worry about it. Instead, he just kept back slightly, keeping a relaxed eye on their visitor.

"We build shrines as the demand seems to want...I'm certain that we could, and should, have one for you. Especially because you're here right now!" she exclaimed brightly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:47 pm
Hmmmm, that was promising. He could be happy Remembrance was on the list, she was his love after all. But that didn't help him find a finished shrine for someone he already knew.

"Oh," he said, momentarily distracted by her implication that they could push a shrine for him up in the priority list, "I would like that. After all, I've seen mostly predators around here anyway."

Well, the pride itself seemed to be entirely carnivores .. but that was always true. It was just the easiest way to insist he ought to be important to any pride, really, and he was perfectly OK doing that.

"Remembrance should be high on the list too," he said with an enthusiastic nod, "But if I'm going to look around, I want to see someone I know. What about Famine? Obedience? Prey?" Oh, he would not be happy to learn they had a shrine for his brother and not for him- and it was clear in his tone, he didn't want to hear they had a shrine for Prey.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm
"Um....no." Kumi decided to just be honest at this point. "I'm sorry to have to say this to you, but we don't have as many shrines as we probably should have up yet." She tapped her forepaws together on the dirt, feeling a little ashamed even though it wasn't her fault.

Tama took a step forward to stand a bit more closer to Kumi, just in case. He had a healthy respect for gods and the strength they possessed...but he still was a bit worried for Kumi. She was starting to lose a bit of that fiery spirit of her's, though it wasn't gone. He guessed she just liked to be in control of conversations and she certainly wasn't at the moment.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:55 pm
Lucky for Kumi, Uhaijizi was not a particularly temperamental god. He wasn't going to be offended or provoked so easily, though he might have been grumpy to learn Palahala had a shrine when neither he nor Dali did. Not even mom or dad did, though he supposed they ruled over things that were harder to appreciate.

"Alright," he said, lifting a paw and idly scratching at the skull hanging in his mane, "You stop me when I get to something you have, then. What aboooout.. Pets, Conformity, Guards?"

He glanced at Tama when mentioning his brother, but looked back at Kumi to continue his list. He didn't know where else to go right away.

"Forgetfulness?" he said, his tone suggesting he wasn't particularly enthusiastic about this one either, "Memory, Organization, Souls, Teaching.. uhh."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:04 pm
Tama's ear flicked at the mentioning of guards. Really? A god for that? Interesting....and it made him want to pursue the subject further at some point. Right now he was intent on being support for Kumi, though it seemed like she wouldn't need it shortly.

"Souls! We do have a shrine for souls, actually." Kumi brightened up at that considerably. "I'm happy we have something on your list to see! I'm sure Tama was taking note of all those you asked about. We can find out later if indeed they're in the queue to be built." She opened her bright blue eyes wide, finally feeling like she was in her zone. "Would you like to go see the shrine for Souls? Its actually one of our older shrines, too."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:09 pm
Uhai grinned, glad they found something he wanted to see. It was good, he was running out of immediate ideas. He would probably know more if he wracked his memory for older friends from past lives or whatever but his memory wasn't exactly known for being the best. It was funny that Dali's present-life mother was the one who had a shrine around here.

"I've met her, you know," he said, glancing to Tama but looking back at Kumi and nodding, "I would like to see her shrine! What exactly do you do as a guide? Do you typically have guards come along with you?"

He wasn't expecting to lose Tama so easy but he didn't mind.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:47 pm
Kumi smiled. "Really? That's so neat...you're the first god I've met, and I hope a few more come to visit us at some point in the future too!"

Well, everything seemed to be going fine. Tama didn't really mind either way anymore now that there was a goal in sight for Uhaijizi. There was a shrine for him to visit, and that meant that it was business as usual.

"Normally its up to the guide. Guards are usually only needed if its a big group. What do you want to do, Kumi?"

The leotah thought about it for just one second, and quickly answered. "We will be fine. Besides, we're sure to pass by some other shrines that may interest him. Just keep your guard up out here, ok?" she answered with a wink, and only got a grunt in return.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 pm
He didn't respond to Kumi's explanation about how frequently (or infrequently) gods actually came to visit the pride here, he waited for them to decide if Tama was going to stay with them.

"You're doing a fine job, I was watching you for a while," he said, looking at Tama again, "My brother is the god of guards, I'm sure he'd be impressed."

Not necessarily true but not necessarily wrong. As far as Uhai could tell, Tama was doing a great job as a guard. He didn't notice Uhai wandering around but Uhai was an excellent hunter, naturally. Kinga just wasn't a typical companion of his or he might be able to say so with more confidence, not that he didn't sound sure. Lying to mortals didn't seem like a big deal.

"I don't know if I'd be any good at convincing more gods to stop by," he said, looking back to Kumi, "But I'll have to come back myself if there's going to be a shrine for Predators, or for Remembrance."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:08 pm
"Aaah, its an honor just to have you come visit, I couldn't expect more." She felt so fluttery, having the opportunity to guide a god to a shrine! She knew she would do a fantastic job, so she wasn't nervous. Just excited.

"I'm certain that the next time you come there shall be at least one of those shrines up, if not both." She was definitely going to have a word with the leader about this!

Tama wasn't sure what Kumi was so excited about, but it seemed to be going smoothly enough. "Well then, I thank you for your time, Uhaijizi. I shall resume my duties. I'll see you later, Kumi." With a small bow, the brown lion slowly left, his guard up more than earlier. He wasn't going to let a silly leotah pounce on him again like that!

"Well, are you ready?" Kumi asked as she turned to her visitor.  
[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff