[JRP] Lost and Forgotten (Theseus x Mez) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:16 pm
User Image The rouge lands were a dangerous place. Even fully grown lions couldn't survive on their own sometimes out there, let alone a tiny cub. She had, by some miracle, made two days on her own. She was weaned, certainly, since her stomach was rumbling for red meat, and had survived the heat by the few pools of water she'd found. She couldn't remember anyone having walked with her at all, though, and her head ached horribly. What was her parent's names? What was her name? Did she have parents?

The little cheeton whimpered quietly as she finally stopped, sitting under a rather dead tree to try to find some respite from the heat. She hadn't been moving at night, too afraid of the creatures that lurked in the dark, instead tucking herself under a tree as tightly as she could. So far, no one had found her. Her paws were growing weary, though, and she wasn't sure how much longer she could walk while looking for food. Maybe there would be a nice kill someone decided to leave behind for her...that would be good.

She curled up under the tree, tucking her nose under her tail with a little sigh. She didn't know it, but she was painfully thin and looked as if a good breeze could blow her off her feet. To her it was normal, though, as her memory consisted of the past two days and nothing more.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:34 pm
User Image

Typically the leopon would have been out on patrol today, looking for signs of trouble and warning those getting to close to think twice before coming much closer. But today he'd been giving a 'much deserved break' as they had called it. Perseus has simply laughed at him when he came home complaining about it. 'More time to spend with me!' She had purred happily, and he had agreed that perhaps it was a good thing. But deep down, he knew it wasn't. He wasn't the type to 'relax' as Perseus put it. He had to be doing something, even if it was just walking around and looking for danger. That was just how his mind worked!

Which was why he was now here, walking the woods. Unsure of exactly what he was doing, but still doing something none the less. Perseus had kicked him out of the den after about ten minutes of pacing. She couldn't stand it anymore! She loved him dearly, but those little claw taps on the den floor were too much, too quickly.

He was nearing the border when a strange scent hit his nose. Something new, but also slightly familiar. He'd smelled the scent before on a passerby ... Wing ... A cheetah ... out here? His ears perked up as he listened for a clue to its location, but all he got was another scent. Lioness? There was more than one?

Or only one?

A hybrid.

Mezlijin's tail wagged slightly from left to right as he tried to sniff out the hybrid's location.

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:01 pm
The little cheeton heard someone coming before she could see or smell them. Her purple fur wasn't very good at hiding her from predators, so she shifted where she was laying to be on the opposite side of the tree from whatever was coming. Her whole body shook as the footsteps approached and she had to bite her tongue to stay quiet. It'll pass, she thought to herself. It'll walk right by and then you can move over to that tree over there with the hollow in the trunk, like you should have done before.

She risked a peek around the tree and wished she hadn't. Whatever it was, it was big and blue and had huge teeth. She pressed up against the tree after that, trembling like a leaf in a storm. Just stay still...stay very still...and it'll walk by.

She ended up repeating it over and over to herself, so much so that she made quiet noises on certain letters. She took her tail into her mouth to try to make the noises stop, but it wasn't working. She was going to get eaten right here, in the middle of this forest!

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:17 pm
He wasn't quite sure where the hyrbid was, only that she was near. The sounds seemed to have stopped, which really wasn't helping him to locate her. And then the wind changed positions and he just about gave up on finding her. But then a faint whispering began to snake its way from a nearby tree.

"Gotcha!" He joked, to himself as he slunk low to the ground and tip toed his way over to the dead tree. As he did the scent became stronger and he realized he was definitely on the trail of a hybrid, no longer was there any doubt. And a rather strange one at that, it was talking to itself?

Slinking ever closer, he peeked around the corner of the tree and noticed the cowering cub. His eyes softened almost instantly and his cheerful face became a frown. Where had she come from? Who did she belong to? Her markings ... they were not of the Kitwana'Antara! Who could just leave her here like this? He could feel his blood beginning to boil, but it was obvious the cub h ad already seen him and his appearance had frightened her. Anger was not the route he needed to take now. Perhaps something a little more light hearted?

Peeking over the tree once more, he perked his expression up once more, and reached a paw around to lightly tap the young cub on the shoulder.

"Scuse me Miss ... I don't suppose you've seen my tail around here have you?" He asked curiously? All the while allowing his large fluffy tail to snake its way up his back, along his back legs, and every which way he could pose it. "That darned thing seems to have a mind of its own, and I can't find it anywhere!"

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:22 pm
The little cub whimpered quietly as she bit her tail too hard. She let it go and pressed up against the tree as hard as she could. Maybe she could fuse with it and hide...

But no. That didn't work. The huge creature came over to the tree and she squeezed her eyes shut and held her breath. Maybe he would eat her quickly. Would it hurt? She wasn't sure...she couldn't remember eating anything before. It had hurt to bite her tail, but he was big. Maybe he'd just swallow her whole.

Rather than teeth, though, she felt a little tap on her shoulder, Glancing up slowly, she looked at the huge, furry face and big sharp teeth. For a moment her ears pressed back against her head and her eyes widened in fear, but when he spoke, and she saw his tail moving around all silly, a tiny smile broke across her face.

"Uh...it's attached to your butt," she said quietly, flicking her own tail. "Like mine. See?"

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:30 pm
He wasn't sure if his little trick was going to work at first, the way she was biting her tail - well he was just waiting for her to injure herself! And sure enough, she soon did. He winced in pain for her, and made a mental note to have Mlinzi check her out if he could get her back to the pride in once piece.

As he stood there waiting with held breath, he was relieved to see her finally smile. "Huh?" He asked, trying to flick his own tail, but not allowing it to react to the motion. "Surely you're pulling my chain, because I haven't seen mine in ages! Even my mate says its missing! And she wouldn't lie to me!"

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 pm
The little girl giggled softly as the huge leopon insisted it was gone. "It's right there!" she said, pointing to the flip-flopping tail, her own starting to mimic its movements. "It's really big and blue and fuzzy, just like you! How can you miss it?"

She slowly got to her feet, her hunger and thirst and exhaustion for gotten for a moment. This large guy wasn't going to hurt her, she decided, so she made an effort to pounce on the tail. It took a few tries, but finally she got her little paws on the fluffy end. She laughed and panted softly from the exertion but bit lightly on the end, chewing happily.

"See? It's right here!" she said, patting the fluffy fur with her paws, her tiny claws getting a little caught in it. "Now don't lose it again, even though it's attached to your butt still. I can see," she said, pointing up with her nose to the leopon's behind. "Hey...can you tell me where I am?" she asked after a moment. "I'm kind of hungry and if there's some food around maybe I could share with you?"

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:51 pm
"No, uh uh. I don't believe you!"

Mezlijin shook his head defiantly, finally sitting on his rear stubbornly and looking to the female seriously. "Why would you lie to me, it hurts my heart so much!" Reaching a paw up to his heart he clutched at it and mimicked a pained expression. But was soon called on his own joke as the young cubbin pounced his expressive tail. An uproarious laugh erupted from the older male's throat as the cub pounced on it and he turned back with a wide grin. "I will do my best to never lose it again. I promise!" Nodding back at her sincerely he was a bit taken off guard by how quickly the conversation switched directions.

"I do in fact know where you are little one. But before I answer that. How about you tell me how you got here. Where are your parents, why are you all alone?" Frowning a bit from his previous expression, he feared her answer more than anything.

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:54 pm
She continued to pat the fluffy tail, finding the skin and bone beneath the layers of fur eventually. She leaned down to nuzzle her nose into the fluff, very happy with her discovery of how soft it was. The questions made her look up, though, and her two-toned ears pressed back against her head in question.

"Oh. Well...I walked here," she said slowly. "But I don't know the other things. I just am alone. For two whole days!" she moaned, resting her head on the fluffy tail again. "I don't think I have parents," she added softly, stroking the blue fur once more, tracing the stripes with her claws lightly. "At least, if I do, I've never seen them. So where is here?" she asked, looking up again, a hopeful expression on her face. "My head kind of hurts too, so maybe I can stay here for a little while it gets better." She lifted a paw to touch the spot where it hurt, behind her black ear. There was a rather sizable bump there, as well as a little cut that had scabbed over at least a day ago.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:07 pm
To say Mezlijin wasn't enjoying the adorable cuddles and fluffles into his tail would have been a full blown lie. He was in heaven, and her cuddles only helped to solidify the judgement between both Perseus and himself that he would go out and bring back a family for the both of them to share. To enjoy the little moments like this, even though this little cub wasn't their's the moment was still just as precious.

As he listened to the young one explain her situation his heart sank in his chest. Alone? For two days? No parents, and no idea where she came from?!

Well then what was he going to do with her?

The adorableness continued as she began to trace his stripes with her paws, and the idea finally hit him. She would come home with him, and Perseus. Their family would start a little earlier than expected, but it would start! The big guy had to fight back the giant grin he could feel fighting to come forward.

"Well, this is my home. The Kitwana'Antara. I live here with many different types of animals .. lions, cheetahs, leopards, wild dogs, and hybrids like us! My mate Perseus, and my best friend Mlinzi live here too." He allowed a small portion of the smile to shine through, but it faded as she mentioned her bump. He quickly pulled her towards him and began to inspect the bump gently. It was a nasty little bugger, that needed a proper cleaning. "Actually I have something a little better in mind. How about you come home with me and live with Perseus and I? We could maybe be your parents? And we'll let Mlinzi take care of that nasty boo-boo of your's, and then we'll all sit down and eat the biggest meal you could ever imagine."

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:12 pm
Tilting her head in curiosity, she gazed up at the leopon with golden eyes. Lots of other creatures? She was afraid of hyenas - she had heard them the night before, laughing with one another while chewing on some bones. She'd tucked herself into a tree to hide from them. But...maybe this big scary guy would keep her safe from them.

"As long as the hyenas don't try to eat me," she said slowly, trying not to let her voice wobble with fear. "I heard some last night and they sounded kind of scary." The offer to stay made her ears p***k up in interest. "With you? And your mate and friend? What's your name anyway?" she asked, a little smile on her face as she stood, pressing her paws against his larger leg. "It's Toothy right? You have big teeth, which are right here," she said, in case those went missing like her tail. She pressed her paw against his jaw, poking one tooth with her toes. "And yes I'd like some food. Maybe that can be first? My stomach keeps roaring at me," she added.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:23 pm
Mezlijin chuckled at her comment about the hyenas, "You have nothing to worry about, the hyenas here won't hurt you. Besides, their laugh ... its far worse than their bite." Clearing his throat of his own chuckles he thought for a moment before answering, though he wasn't quite sure why he had to stop and think. Perseus might be startled and first, but once she saw this adorable ball of fluff in action, she would fall in love just like he had. No second thoughts needed.

"Well of course, we wouldn't make you live all on your own! You're much too young for that!" He voice took on an accusatory tone, though nothing that would startle or scare the young one away. "Toothy huh? No that's not it, but I do sort of like it! My name is Mezlijin, but Toothy is OK as well." He let out a small purr as the cub crawled her way over to his large teeth and began to press and poke at them.

"And what is your name?" He asked poking the cub on the nose with his large paws.

"Alright, alright we can do food first, but then we have to get you checked out. That boo boo does not look good, and we don't want it getting infected, that would just cause you more trouble."

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:33 pm
She grinned at Mez as he gave her his name. "Mezlijin huh? I like that name," she said as she poked at his large teeth again. "I'll call you that instead of Toothy. Unless you're being silly and lose your tail again," she added before scrunching up her nose.

"I don't know," she said after a bit. "I don't think I have one. I call myself 'I' or 'me' but that's not right." The prospect of food didn't make her concerned about her lack of name. For all she cared she could be called 'hey, you!' as long as she got her teeth on some nice antelope or zebra in the next few minutes.

"It's okay! It's just a little achy," she insisted. "Food is more important."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:42 pm
'Haha, I think that sounds like a plan to me!"

Mezlijin chortled, at the young cub as she commented again on his tail. "Though it does go missing quite often, so you might want to keep that one in mind!"

Tapping his paw to his chin, he thought back to Perseus' family roots. He knew full well the heritage of her family's names and he wanted to give this girl something befitting of her family's heritage.

"Well we can't introduce you to the pride as 'me or I' so how about ... Theseus? Does that good to you? Its a name that is very special to my mate's family, I bet she'll like it a whole lot!" Winking at her he nudged her shoulder before continuing. "Alright then, let us waste no more time! Lets go fill that tummy with the best food, the pride can offer."

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:43 am
The little female tilted her head to the side, ears flicking just a bit. "Theseus...I kinda like it. That might be a good name," she said with a little grin before placing her paws back on the ground.

"So can we get food now?" she asked, backing up just a bit to gaze up at Mez. "Listen, ready?" She could feel a loud growl working up in her stomach and, soon enough, it gave a painful rumble. "See, I really need some food," she said with a little whine. "Let's go!"

Depawsit
Last post from meeeee

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas