Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:28 pm
User Image
What was a young male, new to the pride to do all day? Well the answer was quite simple. He was going to wander and more than likely get lost but hopefully not lose his life in the process. Despite being led around by Yuan, Cordero found that it was incredibly difficult to navigate the mist on his own. Sure he was a little better at it than when he first arrived but still no where near being capable of being able to wander around with an idea of where he would end up.

However, Cordero was well. . . Cordero. Would he go seek out help? No. Nope. Not at all. Instead he got lost in his own world and thoughts. Cordero happily walked, nearly skipping, around the pride lands. It was stupid and dangerous but he didn't seem to think that far ahead. If he hadn't gotten help then he should have, at the very least, went out and done his job as a hunter. Was he doing that? Nope. He was skipping. This lion was skipping.

Thalion
Let the derp begin. XD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:49 pm
User Image
There were a number of things that a cub found to be disappointing. He didn't know the word for it, but it was a rotten feeling. Firstly was the curfew. He didn't want to have to go to bed at night! That's when all the best spots emerged. Shadows deepened, the mist thickened, and all the best nooks and crannies became ideal cloaks for a young cub. Secondly, he didn't like when his siblings were wanting to sleep in. At first light, he was up and ready for the day. His father was out on watch and his mother was fast asleep with her small litter curled up against her belly. Thirdly, was when everyone was asleep there was simply no one to play with.

The cub waddled from his den on over-sized paws, his ears flat with irritation. Maybe Galahad would want to play? But his den was so far away- and his mother... something about her scared him. She had a critical look in her eye and apparently the Magi were having a difficult time educating her in the ways of the pride- whatever that meant. It wasn't a risk he was welling to take.

So his options were limited. Sighing, the cub dropped his backside down and raised his head to take in his surroundings. That's when he saw it- and had to double-take to make sure he wasn't seeing something. A lion- an adult lion - was...skipping. Prancing? Whatever it was, it looked quite silly. He'd seen the girls do that but- what on earth.

Confounded, and still too young and ignorant to the ways of proper manners, the cub spoke up. "YOU LOOK LIKE A GIRL!"

~Kiana_Nala~
I'm backlogging him a bit. XD Baby needs baby time! Derp is good. :3

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:20 pm
The blue maned lion had been so lost in himself and the beauty that surrounded him that he hadn't noticed the cub sitting not more then a small distance from him. Then again, he wasn't very good at seeing through the mist yet. When his bright blue eyes finally did land on the cub he looked at him like it was silly that he had even said it out loud. "Of course." In Cordero's mind, however, he had thought that it was a compliment. Girls were supposed to be beautiful and happy all the time, so that meant he looked good and happy, right? Of course. Then again, Cordero was still very immature when it came to relationships and at times seemed to be stuck in as a cub. Occasionally he could act his age but the situation had to be rather important.

"You look like a cub." The male further added. Cubs were adorable, fluffy, little creatures that had ears and feet far too big for their own bodies. So given the cubs earlier "compliment" it stood to reason that replying in kind would be the right thing to do. "You're kind of fluffy." Cordero seemed to frown a little, like he was disappointed in the lack of fluff on the cub. "I'm Cordero!" He grinned happily. With quick footsteps the male made his way in front of the cub and sat down, his tail flicking at his side all the while smiling like a dork.

Thalion
Hahahaha. Oh my gosh I am dying right now. This cute cub. Just. Love him. XDDDDDD
Totally okay by the way! Cordero is almost like a cub anyways. . . . at least most of the time. XDDD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:36 pm
Pelinore's nose wrinkled up as he sneered. "Of course"? What kind of come back was that? He hadn't complemented the male. Just the contrary actually. Girls, at this point in his life, were icky. They giggled, they liked to roll in flowers, they spent hours and hours just licking themselves, and they were just plain no fun. Of course, in his generation, there was only one girl. The arch magi's only daughter. He had only brothers and so did Galahad- both of them had lucked out. Ernil had a girl constantly wanting to braid his mane or lick the dirt off his paws. Ew. Who wanted to do that all day?

"That's a bad thing. Being a girl. You're a male!" He lifted his chin and puffed out his little chest. "Act like it!"

It was something he'd likely overheard one of the sentinels say during training. Kisulisuli most likely. He had a mouth on him and a spitfire temper to spice it up further.

As the male plopped down, Pelinore took a deeper breath to puff his chest outwards. "I'm Pelinore. And I'm not a cub! My mane's coming in- See? I'm a big kid."

~Kiana_Nala~
Pel's a little blunt. XDDD He's quiet when he's on his own but.. yeah >> XDDD

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:03 am
Cordero's mane fell over to the side when he tilted his head in confusion. Of course he was a male. He had mane. Was there a way to not act male? Why did males have to act a certain way? "How do you act male?" The absolutely innocent look on his face was probably more than annoying to the cub at this point but he really didn't understand. "I have a mane. So of course I'm a male." It had been something he had inwardly said but it seemed fitting to say it out loud. Maybe the cub was blind. That was possible. Or maybe the the mist was messing with his eyes. Sometimes that happened to him. Seeing things that weren't there. Or they were but he didn't want to talk to ghosts. He'd leave it to those better equipped for that.

When the cub once more puffed up his chest Cordero smiled, stretched out his paw and gently pushed on the cubs chest. "Pelinore? Are you sure you're not a peacock?" He chuckled lightheartedly. "You kinda look like a girl." Cordero admitted. They had the same hair length. He couldn't see a mane coming. Not like the one he had anyways. "You don't have to grow up right now you know. If you do then there's a lot of stuff you'll have to do that you don't really want to do." Okay, so that was only partially true. There were a lot of pluses to being an adult but this cub had the easy life. Why would he want to grow up so fast? "Ohhhh!" He said, as if all the pieces came together. "You probably think males have to be adults to be manly." He nodded then grinned. "It's okay. You're manly!"

Thalion
Well I think Cordero could use more blunt lions around him. He needs to grow up some day. XD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:22 am
That...was actually a good question. Well he didn't know how males were supposed to act but he knew how they shouldn't! And they shouldn't act like girls. It seemed like perfectly sound logic in his mind, and so in his own mind he was completely in the right. "You act male by being tough and brave."

He got to all fours and trudged forward. Of course, that too was only comical. His paws were far too large and when he pointed his toes in and marched, he looked more like he was waddling than actually presenting a formidable front to anyone. Deepening his voice he continued, "And you gotta shake your mane a lot, it makes you look bigger. Skipping's for girls. Girls are icky and- and dumb."

He paused. Peacock? What was a peacock? A GIRL!?

Pelinore hissed and turned himself about. What might have been an attempt at a roar came out as more of a coughing sound. "I do NOT! My mane is coming in real thick! Thick and manly okay!?"

He snorted as the stranger relented. "Good. Don't you forget it. I don't want to mess you up."

~Kiana_Nala~

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:21 am
Again he was confused and ended up with more questions than answers. "What if I am tough and brave?" He asked, this cub had all the answers. Or so it seemed. And then it happened. This cub. This cub before him became a man. No, not a man. A manly man. It took every bit of strength Cordero could must to not laugh himself to death at the sight. The deep voice was almost too much. He felt his cheeks get hotter as he tried to hold it in. Unfortunately it probably looked a lot like he was blushing.

Then Cordero felt himself a little eager to try and do what the cub was asking of him. It wouldn't be right if he didn't. "Shake your mane." Cordero did just as the cub suggested and when he was done his hair was an utter mess. "Girls aren't pretty? I thought my mom was pretty. Isn't your mom pretty?" Weren't they supposed to like girls? This was all very confusing.

Cordero sat there a little speechless as he listened to the cub try to hand him a new one. "Right, right. Sorry. You're very. . . . Manly." His blue eyes focused on the cub. "Whoa. I won't do anything. Swear." He lifted himself up onto his hind legs as he his front paws went in the air.

Thalion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:15 pm
That's right he was manly. He was the guru of all that was man. At least in his mind.

The cub stopped and frowned. "Brave and tough men don't skip or frolic. They walk like they're in charge. You gotta make everyone see that you mean business. That's what dad says. Business." He flicked his tail and demonstrated a good shake of his 'mane'. What he managed to accomplish was fluffing up a tiny patch of blonde fur topping his head. "See? I'm glorious."

He paused and frowned. That was a difficult question. "Daddy says a real man looks for a real lady. Ladies aren't girls. Girls are giggly and want to lick themselves all day. Now mom? Mom's a lady." It made perfect sense to him. His mom was never a girl. Girls were weird. Girls didn't like to play in the water, in the mud, or watch bugs. They thought bugs were icky.

"Moms don't count. So if you're a real man- you find a lady and make her a mom. You don't act like a girl."

He snorted and puffed his little chest out, strutting in a small circle. "That's right you won't. I'll mess you up."

~Kiana_Nala~

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

[IC] Ukungu Mfumaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas