[JRP] The cold desert [Onuris x Gunju]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:38 pm
Onuris had found him self more or less alone after his pride had disbanded. The confusion and chaos had also separated him from his loved ones and prides mates. For a short while Onuris had attempted to live in the desert alone out of stubbornness. He'd tried, but the lack of food and water gathering with out a prides help made his efforts next to near impossible. The choice was either stay and starve or move on to something more promising.

Onuris moved on.

For a long while the lion traveled from place to place. He slowly adapted to the ways of rogue life. Rogue life was not an easy way of life though. There were many times the lion would have to settle for no meal or no shelter. One thing the lion had settled for one hundred percent of the time was no friendship. The rogue lands were a place where animals fended for them selves and their families.

He felt empty and purposeless.

But one day he stumbled upon something cold and white. The wet solid white stuff bit at his paws and almost burned at first, but not quite. The stuff was cold. It was weird. The exact opposite of his home lands. Curios, the lion continued on. His steps were awkward as he moved.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:59 pm
User Image

Gunju was doing his rounds as normal, enjoying the coldness of the day. The sky was full of clouds, and was an excellent feeling. They weren't dark and unwelcoming clouds, but soft gray ones that seemed to say 'Welcome'. Of course that was just something Gunju thought of. To other's, he was sure it meant different things.

The boarder of the pride seemed rather calm as normal, hardly anything happened. Some would say it was quite boring to be out and about sometimes, which he couldn't agree more. Though, a job was a job. He had to do what he had to do. Who knows who was gonna stumble upon the land and find themselves lost.

With that thought, Gunju had looked up and saw a lion in the distance. It was hard to say if he was part of the pride at first. He moved towards him without hesitation. A smile upon his face, and happy to greet anyone who happened to cross the lands. It was, after all, a paradise in it's own little way. Maybe not one most would find rather so, but it was safe and nice.

"Hello!" he called out, not trying to startle the other and wanted to make sure the lion knew he was coming. It could be quite easy sometimes, sneaking up on those in these lands. Snow can be quite distracting to those who hadn't ever been around it.

Alpaca Chobi

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:03 pm
I Lady Kiya I

Some one greeted him. Onuris's ears twitched and he looked around. Where had that voice come from? Most of what he could see was covered in whites steel blues and grays. In the distance the lions eyes trained on an object. Another lion like him self a pale color that stuck out of the snow just slightly.

"Greetings?" The greeting came out more as a question. Onuris took a few steps forward, still keeping his distance.

"Do you know what kind of land these are? Have I stumbled upon something holy? These lands. They are white and cold. I have never seen such a thing in all of my travels and believe me. I have traveled. I am a weary and tired traveler. I mean no harm."

There that covered just about all his bases.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:48 pm
He had know those who hadn't seen snow before, so he knew exactly how it was. Especially, since he too had been in the same kind of situation. He smiled at the other with a kind smile. "It's Snow." he said with a nod. "These are the Schnee la Neige'milima Lands." He said with another nod. He was kind and had nothing but kindness to offer the other as he stopped close by. "these lands are protected by the goddess of winter." She was the reason why it was so snowy all year around.

To him, it was her protection of the snow that kept them safe. "It's a sanctuary for those who need it." He wasn't worried about the other since he felt that only those who were kind and deserving could find the pride boarder. "I know where you can find some warmth and get in out of the snow if you need." He said with a smile on his face. "We have caves where there are some hot springs that keep the place pretty warm."

It took a while to get use to the cold for most, for Gunju not as much. He was fat, and then his fur was thick, so it made for good for keeping him warm. "The Snow takes some time to get use to, but once you do this place is amazing."

Alpaca Chobi

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:55 pm
I Lady Kiya I

Onuris's ears went back.

The cold sure did take some getting used to. He'd never felt anything quite like this sort of cold before. The snow stung at his paws and made him shiver. Not only that but the snow was wet like. He wasn't sure if he liked it or not.

However the snow was no worse than the burning golden sands of his home pride.

"Thank you for the welcome friend. I actually wouldn't mind shelter if your pride has some to spare. Traveling has left me with no home and no pride. I have been quite lonely in my travels. " Onuris felt a bit shameful for admitting that he was lonely but that was the truth of things. He was lonely.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:28 pm
Gunju nodded at him. "I was in a similar situation, myself!" He said as he nodded his head towards the direction he had come. "It's back this way, and we're always happy to help a friendly fellow in need." He said with a nod. "We have plenty to offer you while you're staying." He wanted the other to feel at home while staying, however long that may be.

"I actually come from a pride almost completely opposite from this." He said now with a chuckle, trying to keep some sort of conversation going. The more he could distract the other from the cold, the better. Before long they'd be in the caves and warming up. It had started to snow again, but the snow flakes were small and gentle. They could hardly be noticed unless one really strained an eye to see.

Gunju waited for the other to take the hint before moving towards the direction they needed to go back to the caves. It wasn't too far, but was far enough that Gunju hoped the other could handle.

Alpaca Chobi

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:36 pm
I Lady Kiya I

"Thank you so much," Onuris managed. Such friendliness was almost unheard of in the rogue lands. If anything this was like a fairy tale of some kind of distant kingdom with many nice lions.

"You don't say. I came from the deserts my self. Harsh heat and sands and all. This is different from that but ... I am okay with harsh extreme weather. I think that I ' ll managed out here." He grinned.

Onuris followed after this lion. His paw steps made slush crunch sounds as he went. That was something that Onuris would have to grow used to.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:49 pm
"No problem!" He said with a nod and started to lead the way. "I also came from a desert." He said with a chuckle. He had thought about those times a lot lately, and now it was kinda silly how he ran into someone from the same type of background in a sense. He didn't want to ask what desert or pride the male had come from, it would be a long shot that they came from the same pride. Then again, who knew?

"It's not too bad once you get use to it, honestly." He said again with a nod "It's almost like night time in the desert, but with some cold wet stuff added." He chuckled. Well, perhaps it seemed more cold here than a desert night, but he couldn't really remember as well as he would have liked.

Alpaca Chobi

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:15 pm
"Another desert lion found in this cold wet stuff. Who would have thought," Onuris mused.

"I hail from the Dawn Walkers.. sort of. I was young when the pride scattered to the winds to the different corners of this wide world of ours." He gave the other lion a grin.

"I think the life of a rogue is more familiar to me now than life as a prides lion. I am happy to maybe find a home here though. Possibly. I do tire of travel."

He held up a paw a shook the white stuff off of it.

"I'll get used to this... 'snow'."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 pm
He nodded mostly to himself, as he was looking forward as they move ahead as he listened to the lion next to him. "My family is all from there, we traveled about for a while and found ourselves here." He said as he recalled how they came to this place. "It was one extreme to another, but it was a nice change."

"Oh! I was born in that pride." He was surprised! Though he wasn't sure if he should be all that surprised. "I was pretty young too, not that young to not remember such a time." He said with a though. He had grown a bit older, but he wouldn't dare say he was an old man. Not that his kids wouldn't call him such, as that was what they did from time to time.

"Hopefully you can find a place much like it then." He kinda hoped it was Schnee that the other was interested in. Life here was perfect, and he liked to see new faces. Especially those of the pride he had once called home. "I always think the snow as cold sand." Even though it felt nothing like sand, but it did kinda look like it from a distance... Apart it being pure white...

Alpaca Chobi

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:49 pm
"Cold sand huh. I like that." He was going to use it later is what he meant.

" That is kind of weird we're born in the same pride. Really neat too but weird. I haven't run in to any former Dawn Walkers in a very long time. It is good to know that they are still out there. I don't know where my parents or brother got to but I am hopeful."

He really was hopeful.

Onuris yawned.

"I don't mean to cut the conversation short but I am so tired. Mind if I retire for the evening?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:14 pm
"Yeah, it's the only way I can really explain it." He chuckled at the silly idea, but hey, it worked really well. "Yeah, you're the first I have met since the pride split up." he said, it was a sad thought, but what could you do? He sighed and kept moving. "We're almost there." He said as he nodded towards the mountain coming into view.

"Just up that way, If you keep going there you'll find the cave." He told the other so he could find it safely. "I must get back to my guard duties anyways." he said with a chuckle. "You never know who will come across the pride boarders." He laughed at the thought as the other had proved that. He shook his head at his own inner thoughts.

Alpaca Chobi

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

[IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas