Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:04 pm
User Image

Yinse Shen was probably one of the worst students that the East house had right now. He wanted to learn...kind of. He studied a bit, worked on his lessons, but most of what he was trying to learn just wasn't sticking well. It was hard for him to keep focused when he was only told how he was failing his studies. He didn't want to be a failure to his parents and insult them, but he hadn't found his way yet, either.

Sulking near a falling tree log, the adult lion was working on his numbers. They were very basic, something a juvenile would normally be learning, but this is part of where he was stuck. "One...carry the three over..." he mumbled aloud, trying to visualize how these trade calculations were supposed to go. He wasn't going to learn any of the 'fun stuff' until he could fully understand the more basic things.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:26 pm
User Image User Image User Image

Xian Mao had left their birth pride to find his errant brothers, and had, in the process, found that the oldest of his rather many younger brothers had sired and raised a litter. Pleasantly, they were raised by his and Xian Ting's mother's ideals, and the oldest of the littler, Jian, already had a good mind, something Mao liked the idea of. After all, he didn't want to leave their family in the paws of an idiot. And as far as he could tell, Chen was a bit of an idiot... The middle brother and cub did stupid things without thinking, and-- He stopped his thoughts, pausing as he walked. "Oh... Hello, there!" Somehow, in their walk across the East House to find... Well, anybody, they'd happened upon a lion trying to do math. He looked at his two brothers, smiling at them. "We've found the edge of the House's living area, I'd say!"

Behind the cobalt-blue lion stood two lions that seemed the living embodiment of yin and yang. Xian Ting was the older, and as far as most of their family had treated him, the least liked, of the twins. And here he was, staring at a lion their home-pride would have called a black-souled lion... With a silver lining they'd have stamped out fast with poor treatment. Instead, though, this lion looked frustrated for less harsh reasons. He frowned, passing his older brother to look over the other lion's shoulder. "What are you doing...?"

"Ting! That's rude to just barge in like that!" Not that he was one to talk. Ming walked over, flanking his dark twin for a moment, before standing on the lion's other side. "It looks like he's trying to do math..." He crouched down, offering the lion a smile. "May I help? I'm not very good at it, myself, but I might be able to translate it into a manner that can be understood." He then smiled brightly. "Mao taught me a good way to do that!"

Which, speaking of Mao... The blue lion walked over, before grabbing his brothers by their ears and yanking them both away. "Will you two stop that?! You can't just barge up to lions you don't kno-- Ming, stop looking at me like that!" He sighed, rubbing the bridge of the nose. "I'm sorry about my brothers... Ting has no manners and Ming... Well, at least he didn't HUG you... The last one nearly took his head off!"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:47 am
Yinse was almost too surprised. He had been startled straight out of his (weak) concentration to a gaggle of lions swarming him!! That's what it felt like, anyway. His red eyes widened as they just chatted to him like he was an old friend...at least except for the blue one. He nodded to him, still a little wide eyed and unsure how to handle this situation. Lessons didn't really teach about something like this...

"Ahh...what? I guess I was doing math," he said absently, trying to pull himself back together from the shock. "I am terrible at it, so I don't know how I'm ever going to move past it. I should just move onto a different area of study that I won't need it," he sighed, hoping that the relaxed conversation would make this situation easier on him.

"Are you guys...new?" he carefully asked, looking at the three of them.  
[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games