Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He had been playing all day. Not really playing, actually, but it was close enough, fun even. He'd been chasing mice, somehow ended up killing and eating them, getting half full on them. Pouncing lessons had taken well with the black and white male. He'd just pinned another mouse with his paw when he'd gotten the news that made him jolt. That one jolt was all the mouse needed, and it wiggled out of his paw, which was no longer crushing it, and ran away quickly. He'd heard it in passing, rather than from someone in the family. Interesting how that happened.

News of his sister's broken leg sent Mitternacht back to the den after a full day away. He wasn't worried about her, per say. It was only a broken bone and not something life threatening. Though how it came about was lost on the black and white cub.

With a deep sigh and the dust of his play on him, Mitternacht entered the den in search of Sedare. "Sedare, are you asleep?" Even if she was, Mitternacht didn't care. He needed to see this leg, hear the story, and then judge if his assessment of her as a moron was right or not. If it was something she did, like climb to high and jump off, then yes, she was a moron. But if it was unavoidable, he might grow more concerned with it. At the moment, he didn't think their mother was inside the den, so his head canted this way and that, waiting for some sort of reply from her.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:40 pm
User Image

The pink and white cub had not been asleep. Unfortunately, that was more due to the fact that the pain was preventing her from reaching that desirable state than anything else, and it made her irritable.

Given her parentage, it could hardly do anything else.

"No, dummy, I'm just lying here pretending to," she anwered acidly. Her broken left foreleg was stretched out in front of her in a less than comfortable position, and well splinted. The rest of her body was curled up in a more normal pose.

"What do you want, Mitter?" she asked for lack of anything better to do. Her tone was annoyed, though there was also an edge of pain in it.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:44 pm
Miss-matched eyes looked her over before settling on her broken leg and he rolled his eyes. So it was true. Mother couldn't be happy with this. Moving closer, he settled in front of her and licked over her head in a soothing kind of way. Or it would have been, but he's a bit rough around the edges. "So how did you manage to pull this one off? I can't imagine Mother's very pleased."

He laid down next to her, getting comfortable. Of course Mitternacth heard the sarcasm in her voice, he just opted to ignore it. Tilting his head to one side he raised a paw to touch their toes together, lightly. Nacht might be a bit of a jerk, but he knew better than to cause more pain to her.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:48 pm
"I was practicing and my foot slipped on a bloody stupid fecking pebble," Sedare spat, totally ignoring the fact that not only should a cub not use words like that, a cub should not even know words like that. Oh well. The idiots who made up such bloody stupid rules would have to live with it.

"Mother says that it's not a bad thing in the long run, but that it's going to be hellish in the short term for my training," the lioness went on. She wasn't entirely certain what their mother had planned, but frankly, it sounded like it would make normal training seem like a vacation compared to what Sedare would be doing now.

She did appreciate her brother's touches, even though he could be something of an a**. When he wanted to be. Which wasn't this exact moment.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:53 pm
Sure, blame a pebble. "So you weren't looking where your paws were and slipped. ...how does slipping cause you to break a leg? What, did you go tumbling down a hill?" Nacht's voice was teasing. Sighing softly, he just rolled his eyes again. Using words like she was wasn't bad. It wasn't cursing, in his opinion. Close, but not quite close enough that they should be getting in trouble for it. Rules were supposed to be broken every now and then, anyway.

He winced a bit. Yes, her training was going to take a break and it was going to be hard getting back to it, but he supposed she shouldn't worry too much. "I'm sure once you're back on your paws without much pain, Mother's training won't be too exhausting at first. Then you'll be back up to speed soon enough. I suppose now, you'll have to be careful with that leg. Isn't it the broken legs that are more fragile afterwards?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:58 pm
"It was just in the wrong place at the wrong time," she growled. Injured or not, her brother was definitely close enough for her to claw him if he didn't stop teasing. Besides, who could take the time to be sure a practice ground was totally clear of debris? And who could guarantee that any battlefield would be so perfect?

It had just been a stupid accident, that was all.

The cub didn't know anything for certain about a once-broken leg's fragility, though it made a scary kind of sense, and rolled her shoulders in a shrug. Then hissed in pain as it pulled on her broken leg.

"Mother says that she'll have exercises for me to do soon, so that I don't loose too much strength or stamina while I heal." Frankly, Sedare was looking forward to that as a way to stave off boredom. She hadn't realized how much she hated doing nothing until now.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:06 pm
Of course Mother would have things for her to do while injured. Hopefully it caused her a lot of pain, too. No pain, no gain. This would be nothing compared to injuries suffered in battle, he was fairly sure. He heard rumors of eyes being popped out, ears being ripped off, things like that. Fighting was not for the faint of heart. So it was perfect for him.

"Yes, yes. Wrong place, wrong time. That's been said plenty before, I'm sure. Who knows, maybe I'll keep you on your toes, so to speak. I could annoy you and harass you and make you get up and walk around to get me." The grin on Nacht's face could only be called evil. He loved annoying his siblings. IT meant a chase, wrestling, and claws could come out if it was one of his brothers. Play fights were good, and Mother didn't break them up because it was good practice, right? Probably something like that. He just knew it was fun and it made his blood sing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:11 pm
Sedare made a face at her overly insensitive brother. She knew that Mitternacht was one of the most bloodthirsty in the entire litter, and wasn't so keen on having that directed at her. However, with her busted leg, there wasn't much the young lioness could do about it except endure and plot revenge for the day she was fully mobile once more.

"I'm sure Mother would be happy to find additional exercies for you to do, if you insist on distracting me," she returned primly, though with a spark in her blue eyes.

It was a fact, however. Mittere's "punishments" either tended towards corporeal pain or so much extra practice that the unfortunate soul who'd incurred her wrath was generally incapable of doing much for several days afterwards.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:31 pm
"Ah, dear sister, I never said I was going to distract you. I would just add additional exercises to your routine." He flashed her another grin and a wink before he let out a cub like giggle. Honestly, Nacht was just teasing her. He wasn't really planning on doing things. He was already going to be exhausted from training, himself. He wouldn't have time to mess with her. Still, the possibility of running a muck around her was too good to pass up.

"If you're lucky, I'll sneak you some mice that I've been catching lately. You'll need your strength, after all." No doubt about that. He licked at his muzzle before stretching himself out, putting his claws in his sister's side, but not digging them in. He sighed slowly and just moved to lean against her now. "They didn't give you anything for pain, did they?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:36 pm
Hmmm...right. Like she actually believed that Mitternacht would do anything so innocent. Unlike most of the pride, she actually knew him well and knew he was an incessant troublemaker, no matter what he claimed to the contrary.

"Riiiiiight," was her only comment in response. As for mice, well, she didn't really think that was going to help. It wasn't as if they wouldn't feed her while she was recovering. Plus if she wasn't going to be able to catch the mice herself, that took half the fun out of eating them.

"They've given me some roots to chew. Mother says that's only until things are a little more stable - she doesn't want my wits addled when my training resumes," Sedare answered her brother's question in full. There was no reason not to, and he might as well know what might or might not be in store for him when he got injured. Because chances were very good he would.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:30 pm
"I see... Well, chew your roots and get some sleep.." He was saying it because he was tired and planning on napping right here next to her. Yawning widely, he let his tongue curl before shook his head and sighed. Chasing mice was good for napping, apparently. Mitternacht just curled up on his side, tucking his paws in close to him without a second thought.

With that said, Nacht closed his eyes and just waited for sleep to overtake him. Hopefully it was soon because not being awake was a good part of his day. His sister had proven to be a moron and he didn't have to worry that it was some unavoidable act and maybe more siblings would do the same thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:33 pm
Sedare watched her brother in loving resignation and amazement. Amazement that he seemed able to sleep any time and any place. Resignation because she'd finished chewing her roots before she'd attempted to sleep herself - the sleep that Mitternacht had interrupted when he'd come back to the den. And loving because, well, he was her brother after all, and even if he was a royal pain in the a**, he meant well by it.

He did, however, have the right idea at the moment and Sedare attempted to settle herself as best she could before closing her blue eyes and trying to achieve if not sleep, then something close enough to it.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces