Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ☆ Anime Reviews
Vanirra's Anime Cache

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think you'll give some of these a try?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Vanirra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:29 pm
User Image

Welcome to my not so secret Anime storage.
Basically this thread is just for going to be Anime that I’ve watched.
Whether I loved it or hated it, I’m still going to share it.
Why? It’s because you might end up liking it. So enjoy!
Warning: I watch some animes that contain yuri so if you have a problem with that genre then just don't watch it.

Also, please don't post on this thread. If you want to discuss a specific Anime then make a separate topic so everyone can discuss to their hearts content!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:07 pm
Geneshaft
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Genres: adventure, science fiction
Themes: alien, mecha, military, real robot, space
Summary: In the 21st century mankind was on the brink of destruction. Through genetic engineering however they eradicated such feelings as love and the desire for power. Since women are naturally less agressive than men, women to man ratio was set to 9:1. Now people are engineered to have skills that others view as being necessary. There is a giant ring that now orbits the earth, that sits there and relays information back to an alien race that sent it. Now a team of five women will try to eradicate the alien threat.

My Score:
Story 7/10
Art 8/10
Characters 7/10
Overall 7/10
Geneshaft...isn't good but it's also not bad. The soundtrack is questionable. It's a hit or miss with the heavy metal. The fact that it's only 13 episodes means that the character development is will be lacking. There's a lot of plot holes and the story line is cliché. I'm not entirely sure how I even stumbled upon this Anime but I liked it regardless of its flaws. I don't even know why.

Vanirra

Vanirra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:51 pm
Gokujo
Genres: Comedy, Ecchi, School, Shoujo Ai, Yuri, Seinen
Summary: A story about the humorous misadventures of Akabane Aya, an arrogant high school girl who's constantly trying to outdo her classmates in everything (especially sex appeal), only to make a fool of herself in the process. Since the story takes place in an all-girls school, expect lots of yuri fanservice innuendos without much

My Score:
Story 5/10
Art 7/10
Characters 6/10
Overall 6/10
Regardless of the low scores, this anime was hilarious. I only read the first couple of chapters of the manga and haven't gotten back to it but when I found out there was an anime, I had to watch it. Each episode is around seven minutes long so clearly there won't be much of a story line. The girls aren't in the slightest bit ladylike and are downright vulgar with the constant sex jokes and I freaking love it. You're either going to love or hate the humor. It's just one dirty joke after another. The main character is unbelievably dense but her determination to be better than her friends and using whatever means necessary makes her lovable. The rest of the cast are a bunch of perverts or idiots who either harass the main character or don't do much at all. If you like stupid humor then you'll probably like this.
Warning: Contains mature content.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:19 pm
Amatsuki
Genres: adventure, comedy, fantasy
Themes: demons, historical, spirits, youkai
Summary: Ordinary high school student, Tokidoki Rikugō, has to take supplementary History classes, to boost his failing grade, at a state-of-the-art museum. This museum allows the visitor to use high-tech virtual reality to reconstruct a realistic Edo of the Bakumatsu period. However, once the simulation begins, Tokidoki is attacked by a strange creature. After something happens to his left eye, he realizes that he is not wearing the VR goggles - it is no longer a simulation; he's trapped in the virtual world and has no way of getting back.

My Score:
Story 9/10
Art 8/10
Characters 9/10
Overall 9/10
I'm not entirely sure why I liked this anime but I feel like I just really do. It was only thirteen episodes long but I managed to grow attached to the characters; they were definitely well developed. The main character starts out being extremely naive. He doesn't really understand the meaning of hardships but learns to face reality sooner or later. Kuchiha was definitely one of the main reasons I stuck with this series and I don't regret it at all. It's definitely dialog heavy and you'd have to really pay attention but the amount of details put into just the dialog alone can still keep you interested. The story doesn't really lack anywhere and everything makes sense. The parts that don't are foreshadowed and done in a way where it feels like nothing is out of place. I definitely loved the historical aspect of it and the music, although not great, fit this theme perfectly in my opinion. The anime definitely deserves a chance

Vanirra

Vanirra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Scrapped Princess
Genres: adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, science fiction
Summary: Pacifica Casull is the most feared and hated person by the followers of the God Mauser. Known as the Scrapped Princess, she is the poison that will destroy the world. To avoid being killed by the zealots of Mauser, Pacifica and her adoptive brother and sister leave the village of Manhurin. Her brother, Shannon, is an expert with the sword while Racquel is proficient with magic. At every step of the way, however, someone is constantly trying to kill Pacifica, hoping to somehow avert the catastrophe that is supposed to befall the world on her 16th birthday.

My Score:
Story 7/10
Art 8/10
Characters 7/10
Overall 7/10
While the concept was interesting, it wasn't as good as it should have been. The characters were probably the main reason why it wasn't all that great. When I first saw Racquel I fell in love and I still love her but she's probably the most useless character in the group. Her magic only worked once and any other time she tried it seemed to be blocked by some unknown force. Pacifica started out okay but then she got amnesia and things went downhill from there. She ended up slowing the story down and it just dragged out. She comes off as bratty at times and it gets a bit annoying when she drops the 'maybe it's better if I die' line without really considering what her loved ones went through to keep her alive. I do feel like all of the characters need a better background story, good guys and bad. In all honesty it wasn't that bad though. The animation was really nice and the music wasn't so bad. It definitely had potential and it's still worth watching.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:36 pm
True Tears
Genres: drama, romance
Themes: high school, love rectangle, school
Summary: Shinichiro is a student living in what would be a dream come true for most high school boys, but for him is mostly a frustration. A well liked girl in school named Hiromi has lived in his house for a year along with his family. Her father was a close friend of the family, and when he died they immediately took her in. She is popular and well liked, always smiles, is talented in sports- but Shinichiro knows there must be tears inside her. Having an artistic tendency, he makes watercolours of her and thinks about wishing to ease her tears. Yet he cannot bring up the nerve to talk to her even in his own home. She, too, is quiet and withdrawn in their house, quite unlike at school. Shinichiro is also distracted by teasing from his friend Nobuse for watching Hiromi from afar, a curse of bad luck from a strange girl named Noe, and being forced to perform Muhiga dancing. By helping Noe he hopes to ease his own problems, yet he seems to have difficulty helping himself.

My Score:
Story 9/10
Art /810
Characters 9/10
Overall 9/10
-TBE-

Vanirra

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:55 pm
Vanirra
User Image

Welcome to my not so secret Anime storage.
Basically this thread is just for going to be Anime that I’ve watched.
Whether I loved it or hated it, I’m still going to share it.
Why? It’s because you might end up liking it. So enjoy!
Warning: I watch some animes that contain yuri so if you have a problem with that genre then just don't watch it.

Also, please don't post on this thread. If you want to discuss a specific Anime then make a separate topic so everyone can discuss to their hearts content!

Um.... This type of rating and reviews should go in reviews and ratings subforum but this is fine too... If you want me to transfer it to that sub forum just ask me wink  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:32 pm
nena_sakura

Um.... This type of rating and reviews should go in reviews and ratings subforum but this is fine too... If you want me to transfer it to that sub forum just ask me wink
Yeah, please do. Sorry, I didn't notice.  

Vanirra

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:45 pm
Vanirra
nena_sakura

Yeah, please do. Sorry, I didn't notice.

no problem , your topic has been moved to reviews and ratings

( the main problem is i cant put the sub - forums in order , the navigation would be easier if that was possible lol )  
☆ Anime Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games