Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Hello? c: Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was I confusing??
Yes, hell yes.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ehh, no, not really
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

Timelord_Tamiyo

Dapper Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:32 pm
My name is Tamiyo; or Tami. I used to frequent roleplaying guilds and threads in the past and I just got too busy for everything, but, I am back. I'm afraid that I am a little rusty on my skills.

Roleplays that I generally like:

- Fandom based roleplays. ( i.e Supernatural,Harry Potter, Avatar, etc.) I, however, prefer not being able to interact with any of the main characters from said show. Completely original characters, I guess. Right? Idk..I hope I am not confusing.... sweatdrop

- Most lore based roleplays kinda get me.

Roleplays I generally dislike:

- Basic cookie cutter high school romance stuff. I can't do it. I get bored enough listening to high school drama as it is, I don't really wanna have to roleplay through it as well. You know?

-Most romance, blech.

So who are youuu?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:09 am
Timelord_Tamiyo

Welcome, welcome! I'm KiIIerWarrior, but you can call me Killer, Warrior, or K-Dub. I'm not much a romance guy either though I do know each of your examples. Even as a man I gawk at the Sam and Dean. MUSCLES!

By chance are you a fan of Game of Thrones? Just started getting into it. Starting season three soon :O

Would your name be a reference to the Magic: The gathering Tamiyo

And of course, if you think you're rusty than this is a great place to sharpen dem skillz ^_^  

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

Timelord_Tamiyo

Dapper Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:18 am
KiIIerWarrior
Timelord_Tamiyo

Welcome, welcome! I'm KiIIerWarrior, but you can call me Killer, Warrior, or K-Dub. I'm not much a romance guy either though I do know each of your examples. Even as a man I gawk at the Sam and Dean. MUSCLES!

By chance are you a fan of Game of Thrones? Just started getting into it. Starting season three soon :O

Would your name be a reference to the Magic: The gathering Tamiyo

And of course, if you think you're rusty than this is a great place to sharpen dem skillz ^_^

1. I love the Dean.
2. I have read all the books that George R. R. Martin has shoveled out, still waiting on the new one to come out, and I do watch the series.
3. Yes. It is. And Doctor Who of course, but yes. I am a big MtG nerd. I just moved so I have no one to play with emo  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:33 am
Timelord_Tamiyo

1. I love the Dean.
2. I have read all the books that George R. R. Martin has shoveled out, still waiting on the new one to come out, and I do watch the series.
3. Yes. It is. And Doctor Who of course, but yes. I am a big MtG nerd. I just moved so I have no one to play with emo

1- But.. Sam! So many feels. You caught up on season 9?
2- I loved the Dothraki... crying
3- I started playing MtG when New Phyrexia came out, and got obsessed with the story line. Can't wait for Born of the Gods and get a Kruphix! I NEEDS HER! I have a Gruul Simic Deck that she'll be great in, and I don't even know what she does yet. Haven't watched any Doctor Who...  

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

Timelord_Tamiyo

Dapper Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 am
KiIIerWarrior
Timelord_Tamiyo

1. I love the Dean.

1- But.. Sam! So many feels. You caught up on season 9?
2- I loved the Dothraki... crying
3- I started playing MtG when New Phyrexia came out, and got obsessed with the story line. Can't wait for Born of the Gods and get a Kruphix! I NEEDS HER! I have a Gruul Simic Deck that she'll be great in, and I don't even know what she does yet. Haven't watched any Doctor Who...

1. I love all of the characters, really, but Dean is my favorite. Character development, yo. And si, I am all caught up on it. smile

2. I didn't like how they portrayed them in the television series. In a big way they were as some would call barbaric but the way they made Drogo was bad. He wasn't barbaric at all, really.

3. Oh lord, don't get me started. I have some epicly hilarious decks xD
I like Gruul decks, I am not good with Simic though, never panned out well for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:49 am
Timelord_Tamiyo

1. I love all of the characters, really, but Dean is my favorite. Character development, yo. And si, I am all caught up on it. smile

2. I didn't like how they portrayed them in the television series. In a big way they were as some would call barbaric but the way they made Drogo was bad. He wasn't barbaric at all, really.

3. Oh lord, don't get me started. I have some epicly hilarious decks xD
I like Gruul decks, I am not good with Simic though, never panned out well for me.

A lot of characters die. So I suppose if you're used to G.R.R.M. books you took them well enough.

Even with how they were portrayed in the Series, I still was like, "If I had to pick any faction I'd be a part of, It would be Dothraki! Except for the rape and pillage..."

My two favorite decks are my Kresh the Bloodbraided EDH and whats come to be known as my "Zerox" deck. I just call it Artifact Spam. It's massively epic with two Mirrorworks, and a couple of Kuldotha Forgemasters to sac off my Mycosinths for a free artifact. Myr Retreivers to get stuff back. Throne of Geth, Dreamstone Hedrons, Oh god does it get chaotic.

Then there's Kresh who eliminated three players in succession per turn after I got Kresh out on turn six. Four player EDH FFA. Undying, Birthing Pod, Flayer of the Hatebound, Ogre Slumlord. Evoke. Mean things. Meeeaaaan.  

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

umbraja
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:48 am
Timelord_Tamiyo

I see KW got you on the late shift. Welcome to the guild!

I totally agree with your RP tastes and must admit to even liking your fandoms, especially the Supernatural. Dean is my favorite brother though I have a soft spot for Cas as well. And Crowley. It's really hard to pick a favorite character when there's so many good ones.

Oh and Game of Thrones. . . just finished the third season. I have been wanting to pick up the books to read but I've noticed a disturbing pattern of writers dying if I start reading their series before they finish them so I'm gonna (try very hard to) wait till it's done. Better not to take that chance. I really hope he finishes it soon though. At least I hear the show is similar to the books and I'm glad to hear the Dothraki weren't as awful as the show made them seem, it makes me feel better about that being my favorite faction. And Dragons~

I am also a bit of a Whovian and grew up watching the Tom Baker years. Mmmm. . . scarf. Though if I had to pick a favorite it would probably be Tennant despite Smith getting some of the best storylines. I've not managed to get my hands on the new season though so I hear there's a new Doctor to hate for a few months then fall in love with.

Man. . . MtG. I played that back when it first came out. Had a few killer decks and went to the game store almost every day after school to play. Then some p***k stole my shoebox of cards and I just didn't have the cash to invest in them again. Mostly because I'd started to dabble in Warhammer. Now that's an expensive hobby.

My roomie plays though and she made me pick which Born of the Gods fatbox she should get the other day (so I think it's out already K-Dub). She got some sort of nice card, a god I think, but I don't remember which one.

Her and I have been recently discussing the possibility of developing a system of playing MtG online since all her Magic friends are a thousand miles away and I like to do that sort of programming. Haven't got it worked out yet but if you're interested I'll let you know if/when we do.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:42 am
umbraja

Psh, I'm always on the late shift. And yes, Crowley, Cas, and Ash. He was my favorite Redneck. And Benny.... moving on!

Yes. Dragons :3

My mind poofed on MtG. I meant "Journey Into Nyx". Born of the Gods was the recent set. Shame it was a small set because I've pulled pretty much everything I needed and more so I have no use for more cards. Got myself four of the five gods from this set. Allied colors. Next set will have the five enemy colored gods. Athreos (WB), Keranos (UR), Pharika (BG), Iroas (RW), and Kruphix (UG). I'm waiting for Kruphix, My roomie wants Keranos, and my cousin is a big Black/White fan so he wants Athreos.

We're anxiously waiting for May to come around. Most likely release date.

My roommate got most of his cards stolen back in High school as well. Except for his extras he had at home, which were mostly blue cards because he hated using blue at the time. Now he loves it the annoying bast...

I do believe there's already a system for playing online, though it's a little difficult from what I understand. I'll have to find it but I'll keep you posted ^_^  

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

Timelord_Tamiyo

Dapper Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:01 pm
KiIIerWarrior

Awww that sucks. I hate when people steal my things. I remember when I was little my dad bought me this hello kitty cd player and I loved it sooo much and then someone stole it. And the paramore cd that was in it. I am still mad about that.

Blue/Black Mill is the way to go :3
Or a beauuuutiful white/black lifeloss deck.
My first deck was werewolves

We should talk more.
You're cool
Sidenote: I miss Benny.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 pm
umbraja

-Supernatural, yes. I liked it from the beginning, even during the bleh parts of the season. I really want to read the actual supernatural books but I havent ben able to get my hands on them.

-Game of Thrones, oui. Did you hear that they are combining the 4th and 5th book into one season? It's gonna be severely insane. I cannot wait. G.R.R Martin is my favorite and least favorite author at the same time. He kills everyone I love. And I am not going to name the ones I love because I'm not gonna give anything away. lol

-Doctor Who, si. Oh, dear. Have you seen the Pompeii episode? If so, you have seen the new doctor. He is the actor who played the father of the house in which the tardis resided for most of that episode. I was kinda meh about him being the doctor for a little bit but then they released all of these details about the new season and who they are bringing back. It's gonna be awesome. I'm not gonna say anything and spoil it. xD

And thank you, I would love to hear about how it goes.

Timelord_Tamiyo

Dapper Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:10 am
Timelord_Tamiyo

We are talking more. Right now :O
Hello.

I've got a White/Blue/Black/Green Defender Mill Deck. I made it strictly to be slow. My friends kept complaining how all my decks were over-powered and they weren't able to test anything new. It's slowly become my most entertaining deck. It's pretty much, "I'll let you do your thing, but just remember I'll still end you" I've considered splashing in red to throw in the other four gate lands and a Maze's End.

My first deck was Splicers and Golems. Still Have it. I made a Vampire and a Werewolf Deck for Innistrad. Then I made my Simic/Gruul Deck in Return to Ravnica. The additions from Theros made it sooooo OP with Prophet of Kruphix and Xeganos, The Reveler (Planeswalker) for uber mana ramp.

Someone stole my graphing calculator back in Sophomore year... I'm still miffed about that.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:26 am
KiIIerWarrior

I don't like running anything more than a two colored deck. My friend runs an all color fog deck. It makes me so mad.  

Timelord_Tamiyo

Dapper Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:32 am
Timelord_Tamiyo
KiIIerWarrior

I don't like running anything more than a two colored deck. My friend runs an all color fog deck. It makes me so mad.

I've got one four color deck, seven three color decks, a bunch of two color decks, and all but a mono-blue. I took that apart recently. You would hate some of my EDH decks o_o and my four color Defender Mill Deck.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm
KiIIerWarrior

Sad but true, I have never played EDH. Ever. I've only ever played casually and peasant and games likes two headed giant, emperor. etc.

I was thinking of putting together a mean red and black with master of cruelties.

Timelord_Tamiyo

Dapper Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 am
Timelord_Tamiyo

I was thinking of making a Black/Red with Underworld Cerberus's. Possibly some self Milling as well. I'll have to dig into it more.

EDH Is actually a pretty fun format. You should give it a try sometime :3 Although, if you don't have access to some good older cards it is a little more difficult. Though I do have a Blue/White Daxos of Meletis EDH and a monowhite Heliod, God of the Sun EDH deck. Mono EDH are rare but oh so fun.  
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games