Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[READY][Q] Ezra || Exams Monster

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:38 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Ezra
Nicknames: Smartass, nerd, know-it-all.

Faction: Monster
Race: Born from the fear of Exams (not sure what to call that)

Natural Ability: Floating Answer Key - The ability to summon a small packet of papers that has any answer to a question he's wondering about. This can only be factual information that's already been recorded somewhere ( i.e. a published Scarepedia). The information is returned with a source, as well, so that he can PROVE he's right. For now, he can only ask yes or no questions, and only two questions a day.

Personality:

Traits

Adaptable: Life changes quickly! You never know how quickly things will go about and morph around, for you do not control the world. Ezra has a rather deep understanding of that fact of life, and faces it with eagerness and excitement. A change means something new, and that means more to learn!

Diligent: Nothing you can learn is perfected right away, and Ezra understands this well. In order to become knowledgeable about a particular subject, he will focus on it solely until he finds himself at a point where he has a good sense about what

Know-it-all: Random facts flutter about his mind like fireflies in a jar. And he enjoys spewing it off. He also loves to ask the "Did you know that.." type of questions, and often can seem like he is trying to appear smarting than another. In fact, he is.

Not Creative: Everything is facts with Ezra. It is real, or not real, there is no in-between. The very idea of imagination simply confuses the hell out of him, and he finds himself struggling at being creative at all. Most ideas that he comes up with are not unique, unless they are in the form of word play. But fiction writing, imaginary characters and original, compelling ideas.. Not so much.

No Patience with Others: Ezra is a firm believer in the idea that if you don't understand something immediately, there is no hope for you.

Quirks

Puns: Ezra truly appreciates the stupidest puns you can think of. The clever and witty play on words can get him going forever! Pun wars are the best things in the world to Ezra, besides learning!

Tangent Prone: "Soup, you like soup? You know who hasn't tasted soup? Zebras. I know alot about Zebras, but you know what's weird? Lines. Zebra's have lines but they aren't straight. Or parallel. But you know what IS parallel? Railroad tracks." Though you may be talking about one particular subject, don't be surprized when Ezra suddenly decides that whatever you're talking about can connected to something completely off the wall.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? KNOWLEDGE KNOWLEDGE KNOWLEDGE! As a creature born from the fear of expression knowledge, he wants to know more, expand his repertoire of information to frighten these people even further! The idea of having a family is a bit out there for him, so the knowledge of interacting with other's is a big thing as well. Scaring, he likes, he knows! Other interaction ( i.e. with students ), he knows, book wise, but actually performing, not quite.

FEAR Ability: Battle Cry

Multiple Choice Question: Ezra can summon a bunch of dull but spiked letters (Think of those Alphabet Letter Refrigerator Magnets) and make them rain down on an opponent.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: A blue, with infinity symbols as pupils (INFINITE KNOWLEDGE!)
Hair Colour/Style: thin and whispy~ Colored mainly white, with the occasional strand of red and blue (think of typical lined paper)
Skin Colour: old, tea-stained parchment paper, an old document color. .
Clothing Style/Colours: Think.. Scary Teacher~ He's no teacher, but he likes to think himself to be.
Extra: He would have an insane of amount of pencils and pens coming from all of his pockets, as well as scraps of paper. He likes to jot things down!
References:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:26 pm
Crits are welcomed!  

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:06 am
Cooro Cooro

This is a very interesting quest I have to say! O:

Just a few quick things!

Nat ability > I'm hesitant about this only because it might come off a little overpowered, especially for a Y1 student, since especially at Y1, this can be grossly overused. Limitations would be best - i.e. he can only ask yes/no questions, or maybe he can only ask two questions a day, etc., etc. Either way, I'd maybe just rework this a bit so it's not too powerful!

FEAR > You mean Battle Cry, right? This seems pretty standard, though again remember that Y1 would most likely mean that the spiked letters aren't very spiky!

That's it from me! Another GM might drop by to crit a few things / etc.! Best of luck C:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:12 pm
kuroopu

Thanks for your advice~ I went ahead and made the suggested changes~ biggrin  

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

Illeander

Sweet Connoisseur

12,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:48 pm
My favorite thing about Ezra is his Tangent Prone trait. That will make for some really crazy conversations.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:06 pm
Illeander
My favorite thing about Ezra is his Tangent Prone trait. That will make for some really crazy conversations.

Thank you! I hope one day he could meet someone with a similar trait and have to work with them for something school-related. NOTHING will EVER get done. XD  

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces