Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Uno?
  New
  Old
View Results

The Weeping Willow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:25 pm
I just wanted to know which Dumbledore people liked best the old one (in the 1st and 2nd movies) or the new one? (3,4 and howmany ever they will make with him) I like the new one because i think he's is more energetic than the old one. But that may because of the age. But that's just me. I just want to know which one people prefered.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:28 pm
Bump  

The Weeping Willow

The Weeping Willow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:30 pm
Bump  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:54 pm
I thought Richard Harris was a perfect Dumbledore. He was exactly how I imagined. The new guy looks like he needs a bath, and he doesn't seem to have that "twinkle" in his eyes that Dumbledore is supposed to have.  

strawberry_nirvana

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:49 am
I think that I respect the memory of the old dumbledore while praise the performance with the new dumbledore, I admit the the new dumbledore has now a tired attitude around him, but isn't that to be expected? The whole dirty look doesn't fly w/ me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:34 pm
white_tiger768
I just wanted to know which Dumbledore people liked best the old one (in the 1st and 2nd movies) or the new one? (3,4 and howmany ever they will make with him) I like the new one because i think he's is more energetic than the old one. But that may because of the age. But that's just me. I just want to know which one people prefered.
The old one was more Dumbledore in my opinion, despite the lack of energy which is to be understood. sweatdrop  

evy_writer

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cheerleader 200

Xo__Kyiri__oX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:49 pm
strawberry_nirvana
I thought Richard Harris was a perfect Dumbledore. He was exactly how I imagined. The new guy looks like he needs a bath, and he doesn't seem to have that "twinkle" in his eyes that Dumbledore is supposed to have.

I completly agree.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:35 pm
Richard Harris was he even looked like the guy on the back of the book. The new one is too aggresive. Although they bring their own qualties to the film.  

R J Lupin

covo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:55 pm
I liked the first Dumbledore better. He seemed so perfect for the role, he was exactly the way I had pictured him. He fit the personality so well, I was very said when the actor died. *moment of silence for the actor* The new Dumbledore actor is not as good in my opinion. I try not to judge him too badly considering that he has some big shoes to fill. But in the end the actor just doesn't have the same kind of mystery about him that the first actor did have.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:06 pm
I voted for the old Dumbledore: Richard Harris.

Why? The books have left me an impression that Dumbledore should be like one of those wizened wise old grandfathers- ethereal, peaceful, knows where his priorities lie and mostly unhurried. Very zenlike, in fact. Richard Harris managed to convey that image clearly to me on the big screen, showing his -dare I say it?- grandfatherly traits, thus making him a very lovable Dumbledore.

The newer Dumbledore, on the other hand, seems to want to portray Dumbledore as a more 'hurried' individual. Yes, his priorities are still correct- Harry is number one on ALL counts, but it's his attitude that irks me. He knows that Voldemort is on Harry's back, yet his attitude towards Harry gives off the impression that he's blaming Harry for all that has befallen Harry himself. Of course, there's that lovable feature as well- the new Dumbledore lacks a certain type of refinement, thus proved by him shaking Harry in that scene in the GoF movie.

In a nutshell? Old Dumbledore. Definitely.  

Dynast Metallium

Witch of the Moon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:32 am
O loved the old one..... he was more like a grandparent... his eyes were fulll of kindness..... the new one is hard.... his eyes are empty.... he is more like Gandalf  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Old Dumberldore, simply because he seemed to have this all knowing and all powerful feel about him like the one in the book, s**t the should have let Ian Mackellen(sp) aka Gandalf do it he would have been great as the new Dumbeldore. This Dumbeldore seems like he has been on crystal meth the whole time.  

Lil-Louis

Twinkleh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:06 pm
gonk New Dumbledore is tired,and he does eventually turn out that way..

but we're only on the 4th here!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:27 pm
Richard Harris was the one and only Dumbledore, rest in peace. I don't even see Michael Gambon as DD. How could I? The way he plays the character isn't at all what Rowling wrote. In my mind, I see it like he's DD's assistant and the real headmaster is just...I dunno, on vacation or something. That's the only thing that keeps me sane when I'm listening to Gambon talk.  

surf_diva

Hermione__Granger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:35 pm
old one: he was more like the book way
the new one just makes dumbolr(sp?) look crazy...hes way to wild...  
The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff