D.C.
  Marvel
  Both
  Neither
View Results

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:58 pm
With all the superhero movies coming out left and right I've gotten back into that "genre" if you will. Anyone else?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:28 pm
I do love me some Superman, Superboy and Young Justice. But I'm really disappointed with the New 52s. I prefer the pre-reboot comics.  

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:39 pm
Mostly I just watch the movies... XD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:48 am
I love super heroes!!
Did you hear they are making an Incredibles 2!?!
Favorites:
X-men
Captain America
Alpha Flight
Green Lantern
The Goon
Blue Beetle
Batman
Ghost Rider
Deadpool
Blade
Spiderman
Hellboy
Spawn
Gen 13
Dare Devil
Punisher
Yeah maybe this isn't so much a favorites list as much as a bunch of them I love.
I've read a lot of comics!
Some of the movies were awesome
others....lets just say I'm glad that there are still comic books about!
How do you feel about Super Heroes vs zombies
NOT Marvel vs Zombies because that was crap and everyone knows it!
Or how about a Alternate Universe Steam Punk/Cold War Batman type?
Oh and have you read Kingdom Come?

Naristar

Dangerous Nerd

14,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Signature Look 250

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:48 pm
Naristar
I love super heroes!!
Did you hear they are making an Incredibles 2!?!
How do you feel about Super Heroes vs zombies
NOT Marvel vs Zombies because that was crap and everyone knows it!
Or how about a Alternate Universe Steam Punk/Cold War Batman type?
Oh and have you read Kingdom Come?

I'm not going to hold my breath for Incredibles 2. Disney sequels tend to be awful.
Superheroes vs zombies!? That sounds like it could be either really bad or really good. Steam punk Batman could be very interesting xd
No I've not read Kingdom Come. What's it about?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:56 pm
Renkon Root
I do love me some Superman, Superboy and Young Justice. But I'm really disappointed with the New 52s. I prefer the pre-reboot comics.

Young Justice! xd

From the little I've seen of the New 52, I kinda like it. I got out of the comics because it was just getting too complicated to keep track of everyone, what with all the parallel Earths and multiple timelines. I like the revamp of their personalities too. After while all the characters in the JLA were pretty much interchangeable.

I always liked Superman but I can't stand Lois Lane! She is the perpetual damsel in distress. I always thought Wonder Woman would have been a much better choice for Superman. She's his equal in pretty much every way.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 pm
Maze353
I like the revamp of their personalities too. After while all the characters in the JLA were pretty much interchangeable.

Funny, I feel the exact opposite about their personalities. To me, its the New 52 characters who's characters are interchangeable. Everyone in the New 52s has two traits: everyone is either sad or angry -or in many cases both! Even Barry Allen, the Flash, who's supposed to be light-hearted and joke easily is angst-ridden. I hate it. They're just not fun anymore. Everyone is the same person, they're just drawn differently.

Quote:
I always liked Superman but I can't stand Lois Lane! She is the perpetual damsel in distress.

This is another thing I have to disagree about.

Lois Lane WAS a useless damsel in distress in the Silver Age comics. But that was ages and ages ago. The mid-80s reboot (what eventually became New Earth) portrayed her as a "boss-b***h". One of my favorite issues very early on in the reboot contains a scene where Lois knocks out a terrorist, picks up his gun and proceeds to unload its magazine in the direction of more terrorists. All this while Clark is still looking for a place to discreetly turn into Superman. Lois is NOT a useless damsel in distress and HAS NOT been for almost three decades now. I'm really sick of people saying she is.

As for the Wonder Woman thing, yes, she is his equal where powers are concerned. But that's about all she is. Their personalities wouldn't work together in the long run. Clark needs a "normal" or "average" earthling partner to ground him. It has been made clear many times that Lois Lane is Superman's life-line to his own humanity. Without Lois (or another similar life-line) Clark would have no reason to remain to guardian and savior Superman is. (The most recent example of this is the Injustice video game where Lois' death pushed Clark into becoming an evil villainous ******** can't be that life-line for him because she also has no real loyalty to the rest of the world. She grew up on a magical hidden island that was cut off from the rest of the world for centuries. In fact, Diana is even more out of touch with the average earthling that Clark is. At least he grew up in a mostly normal setting with mostly normal parents. Diana grew up with legends and gods. If you actually read the Wonder Woman comics you'll see she often has trouble understanding and relating to every day people. Clark can at least understand and relate to the average guy on the street.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:59 am
Maze353
Naristar

I'm not going to hold my breath for Incredibles 2. Disney sequels tend to be awful.
Superheroes vs zombies!? That sounds like it could be either really bad or really good. Steam punk Batman could be very interesting xd
No I've not read Kingdom Come. What's it about?

Ok
The Super Hero Vs Zombies
The book is called "Ex-Heroes" it is such a good book!
The Steam Punk Batman style story is called "Ghost of Manhattan"
"Kingdom Come" Is a DC comic miniseries set in a future that deals with a growing conflict between "traditional" superheroes, such as Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Justice League, and a growing population of largely amoral and irresponsible new vigilantes, in many cases the offspring of the traditional heroes.
Yeah it has this totally like after the disaster vibe and if you know anything about the classic DC super heroes it is kinda funny to see what paths they take. Or at least I found it funny I've been told that my humor is a bit skewed.

Naristar

Dangerous Nerd

14,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Signature Look 250

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:09 pm
Renkon Root
Maze353

Quote:
I always liked Superman but I can't stand Lois Lane! She is the perpetual damsel in distress.

This is another thing I have to disagree about.

Lois Lane WAS a useless damsel in distress in the Silver Age comics. But that was ages and ages ago. The mid-80s reboot (what eventually became New Earth) portrayed her as a "boss-b***h". One of my favorite issues very early on in the reboot contains a scene where Lois knocks out a terrorist, picks up his gun and proceeds to unload its magazine in the direction of more terrorists. All this while Clark is still looking for a place to discreetly turn into Superman. Lois is NOT a useless damsel in distress and HAS NOT been for almost three decades now. I'm really sick of people saying she is.

As for the Wonder Woman thing, yes, she is his equal where powers are concerned. But that's about all she is. Their personalities wouldn't work together in the long run. Clark needs a "normal" or "average" earthling partner to ground him. It has been made clear many times that Lois Lane is Superman's life-line to his own humanity. Without Lois (or another similar life-line) Clark would have no reason to remain to guardian and savior Superman is. (The most recent example of this is the Injustice video game where Lois' death pushed Clark into becoming an evil villainous ******** can't be that life-line for him because she also has no real loyalty to the rest of the world. She grew up on a magical hidden island that was cut off from the rest of the world for centuries. In fact, Diana is even more out of touch with the average earthling that Clark is. At least he grew up in a mostly normal setting with mostly normal parents. Diana grew up with legends and gods. If you actually read the Wonder Woman comics you'll see she often has trouble understanding and relating to every day people. Clark can at least understand and relate to the average guy on the street.

While it's nice to hear Lois got an "upgrade" (because, seriously, the Lois of my childhood, how did she survive long enough to meet Clark?) I still think Wonder Woman would have been a better choice. The reason that Clark needs Lois to be his lifeline to humanity has always seemed weak to me. He was raised in the American Heartland, he should already have a network of friends and family to help ground him. If anything he should need someone on his own level he can relate to. Injustice: Gods Among Us shows exactly why he shouldn't be with Lois. She can't defend herself against the super-villians. She is his Achilles heel and the reason he goes off the deep end and turns into evil-overlord.

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games