Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Birds of a Feather [Aldara/Mayaa] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:43 pm
Mayaa was really happy to have met Vanya, but sometimes she wondered if there were perhaps MORE harpies she didn't know about. It would be a shame if she didn't meet and befriend them all. A SHAME!

And so she embarked on her quest to befriend every feathered student there was, keeping a sharp eye out for any who might have feathered arms, or claws, or talons, because EVERY harpy had those, right?

Skye Starrfyre
Here you go! o v o

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:55 pm
[A.V.]
<3

Feathered arms, talons, claws... Most harpies had those, but not all. Aldara had, at one point, been most impressed by how well her 'student form' masked what she was. So concerned had she been with fitting in, she'd forgotten what it had meant to be herself.

As a result, the harpy ghoul sported a set of well manicured nails at the end of slender fingers and the only real defining trait of her race were the feathers sprouting from her arms that were neatly folded back into a 'resting' position as she stretched out on one of the sofas in the Monster Dorm lounge. Feet clad in an entirely impractical pair of heels were propped up on the arm of the sofa and she seemed to be completely bored out of her mind, eyes almost crossing as they browsed over the words in the textbook she was trying to study.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:10 pm
Mayaa greeted a few students in passing, wishing them a good day, but try as she might, she had not seen any other students that might have looked like her. With a somewhat disappointed sigh, she trudged into the common room, planning to flop on one of the couches when she saw that there was already a student there. Oh, a student! Just because she didn't find other fellow harpies, that didn't mean she couldn't try befriending other students, and this ghoul was just so pretty!

And so she bound over, a happy smile on her face as she leaned over, trying to see what the ghoul was reading, and quite possibly all too close for comfort.

Skye Starrfyre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:42 pm
Aldara felt the other ghoul's presence before she actually noticed her, the feeling starting with a strange prickling sensation that caused her to shiver, feathers rustling as she glanced up... Only to see someone inches away from her, peering over her shoulder, in her space, reading her book.

The harpy ghoul let out an undignified squawk in her startle, nearly leaping off of the couch and just narrowly avoiding cracking heads with the other girl as she sat up. It took a moment before she was able to gather herself enough for her feathers to fall back down, casting a narrow, suspicious gaze in the other ghoul's direction.

"... Hello." She had intended to throw on a few other words, and possibly a 'are you crazy?' and a 'what were you doing?' but anything else that she might have said was caught off guard when she actually looked at the other girl.

"You're a harpy."

Hello Captain Obvious.

[A.V.]

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:43 pm
The squawk had startled her, and Mayaa also gave a surprised shriek as she tumbled back, feathered arms flailing about as she tried to catch herself. But instead, she fell back with an "oof", and only stared back at the other ghoul as the other seemed to scrutinize her. Not that... she had noticed. Maybe she should have apologized for not letting her know that she was peeking over her shoulder, but when the ghoul greeted her and stated that she was a harpy, Mayaa all but beamed.

"Hi! I'm Mayaa! And yes, I'm a harpy!!"
Because the whole world needed to know that she was one.

Now that the ghoul wasn't preoccupied with her book and Mayaa got to look at her carefully, her eyes were drawn to the long tassels on the ghoul's gloves. Ooh, pretty! They kinda looked like...

"Are those feathers?"
And then she gave Aldara a wide-eyed expectant look.
"Are you a harpy??"
Because arm feathers automatically meant harpy.

Skye Starrfyre
OMG I love Aldara xDD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:52 am
"Yes, they're feathers and of course I'm a harpy. What else would I be?" In Halloween? Without some of her most defining features? She could have been anything, especially in the Monster dorms. She had met a number of other feathered monsters and it should have been no surprise that the other ghoul didn't recognize her for what she was immediately.

"Sorry." Her brow furrowed slightly, the tone of her voice softening just a bit before she restated herself a bit more nicely. "Yes, they're feathers and yes, I'm a harpy. The same variant that you are, judging by the look of things." She made a vague gesture at the feathers coming from the other ghoul's arms, another one coming right after to point the talons that served as the other ghoul's feet.

The traces of niceness faded away as suspicion returned. How long had it been since she had seen another harpy? She had not parted on good terms with her own clan. Had they...?

"I like it here. I'm not going back." She crossed her arms over her chest, facial features set in a 'and that's final' expression, softening only at the afterthought. "... Do you know Aleka? How is she? Is...?"

Now she was just rambling; spouting words without using her head. Logic would have told her that if she dug deeply enough in her memories she would know that there were no harpies in her clan who sported the same bright, beautiful plumage as the ghoul now across from her. Most of her clan carried the colors of the sand and sea of the island she called home. She's not here to demand you come home. She's a student, stupid.

Her shoulders sagged and her arms uncrossed, extending one hand out to the other ghoul. "My name is Aldara. I didn't know there were other harpies here at Amityville."

[A.V.]
I am so sorry for the wall of text. XD I am glad you like her, though! Maya is so bright and adorably happy. XD <3

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:06 pm
Mayaa fortunately (or unfortunately) hadn't picked up on the traces of sarcasm in the other ghoul's voice as she stated that she was indeed a harpy, and only stared. A stare that had broken into a dopey wide grin as Aldara repeated herself and gestured to Mayaa's feathers and talons.

Though, she did tilt her head and give a curious look when the pther harpy mentioned not wanting to go back, and that she liked it here. Well, who wouldn't like it here? EVERYONE loved Amityville, right? That's why everyone came here! And with that, excitement getting the better of her at having found another kindred spirit, she was totally oblivious to the fact that the ghoul had been brooding a moment ago, and only let out an excited squeal, rushing towards her and completely ignoring the extended hand as she threw her own arms around the ghoul and rubbed her cheek against hers. Because this was totally appropriate behavior to do with a complete stranger.

"Eeeeeeeeee, it's so nice to meet you Aldara!! I was hoping there'd be more harpies! Have you met Vanya? She's also a harpy! And I don't know who Aleka is, but I can meet her someday. I'd like to new your whole clan! Ahhhh I wonder if there are even more harpies on campus. This is so exciting!!"

Skye Starrfyre
Ahhhh no, it's fine! I love reading backstories~
Haha, too happy at times. Poor Aldara

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:52 pm
Her pale face flooded with color as the other ghoul glomped and nuzzled her. She was at a complete loss, entirely too startled to know how to properly react to the situation save for letting out another peep of a squeak followed by a cawking cough as she tried to find...

"Air... Jack, you're going to... Kill me... Can't breathe. Can't..." She brought a hand up, patting at the other ghoul's shoulder as though tapping out of a battle. At this rate she was going to wind up a ghost before hitting year two.

Would she have to repeat year one?

Could harpies even become ghosts?

"Great Pumpkin..."

[A.V.]
Bahaha. This is wonderful. XD <33

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm
Mayaa was still hugging and nuzzling her, and then she felt the tap and beamed more. Aww, she was trying to hug her back! But then the strange peep and cough made her frown, and she loosened her grip to see what was wrong.

"AldarAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAohmyjack I'm so sorry!!"
She quickly let go as her hands flew to her mouth. Oh no oh no she didn't kill her, did she? Wait, halloween students only dissipated, right? But dissipation was kind of like death and OH NO what if she turned into a ghost student what was she going to do ahhhhh, but, well, a ghost harpy was kinda neat but THIS WASN'T THE TIME TO BE THINKING THAT.

Instead, she attempted to remedy this by grabbing the ghoul by the shoulders and shaking her.
"ALDARA ARE YOU OKKKKKKKKK?!?"
Because this was going to solve everything.

Skye Starrfyre
BFFS FOREVER OMG I love these two xDD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:17 pm
Suddenly the other ghoul released her and she reeled back, taking that brief moment to inhale the most wonderfully deep breath of air she had ever been permitted to take in. For all of two seconds she was safe and then...

Oh. My. Jack.

The magpie harpy's hands flew up, taking a firm hold of the other ghoul by the wrists. "Stop... STOP." She said sternly, almost too sternly, and then as if that wasn't enough. "OH MY JACK I AM FINE. I AM FINE. I SWEAR. PROMISE." Between the two of them they were likely making enough ruckus to bring the whole dorm down to the common room and someone was going to wind up making inappropriate comments about ghoul on ghoul action.

Breathe. Just breathe... She reminded herself coolly as she tried to settle herself again, attempting desperately to recover from the shaking. "I'm going to let go of your wrists... And we're going to try this again, okay?" Think, Aldara, what would calm you down if you were over-exciteable.

"If you take a deep breath and sit down on the couch... I'll give you a feather. Jack knows you've already shaken a few loose..." The last bit was muttered softly beneath her breath.

[A.V.]
*DYING* I just... *seriously laughing so hard*

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:54 pm
The best ghoul on ghoul action. Jala approves.

Mayaa froze when Aldara shouted at her, and slowly nodded, staring at the other harpy with wide eyes. Though, when Aldara offered to give her one of her feathers, Mayaa's eyes grew wider... if possible.

Taking several deep breaths, she sat on the couch, eyes still fixed on Aldara as she rested her hands in her lap.
"Will you really give me one of your feathers?"
And then, in a smaller voice.

"Does that mean we're sisters now?"

Skye Starrfyre
I should not be laughing this hard at night ahaha /dead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:51 am
"Yes." Aldara answered quickly to the first question, too quickly to realize that it might come off as an answer to the second question as well. Her mind reeled, quickly churning through how she could either safely wheedle her way out of accepting such a thing or... OR how she could use it to her advantage.

"Yes..." She said slowly, this time drawing the thought out of her head as she spoke. "Absolutely, but... But." She brought one hand up, fingers closed save for her index finger pointing straight up to signify the need for focus along with the absolute seriousness on her face. "You are not allowed to squeeze the life out of me again, got it? If we're to be sisters it means we must look out for one another, as rookery sisters do, and not try to sabotage or suffocate one another unless a situation specifically calls for it and it is completely unavoidable, understood?"

Aldara had no idea what she was getting herself into, or if it would even work... But it was worth a shot and it couldn't be too bad, right?

[A.V.]
I think we may have created a monster. XD <3

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:41 pm
Mayaa only nodded her head vigorously, eyes so wide they might pop out of her head at any time.
"Of course, sis! I would never want to hurt you! Never ever!"
No escape, Aldara, you have earned yourself a new sibling.

"Oh! I want you to have this too!"
She looked down, hands held together as if in deep concentration, and after several minutes, Mayaa looked up again, hands held up towards the other harpy, a single item within her palm.

User Image

"Um, I was told you give this to creeple you really really REALLY trust, so I want you to have my pin!"
And by "really trust", it meant she pretty much gave her pin out to anyone who talked to her for more than 5 minutes.

Skye Starrfyre
Yes. Yes we have.
(Won't be able to tag back again until after April. Sorry!)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:44 pm
"I..." For a moment Aldara was caught speechless as her eyes drifted to the pin in the other ghoul's hand. She brought her hand up slowly, taking it from Mayaa as if she were being offered something precious like a rare gem, or a perfect bead. She ran her thumb over the surface of the pin, tracing the swirl in the stylized wing before doing something completely unexpected.

Aldara threw her arms around the other ghoul, hugging her tightly (although not nearly as tightly as Mayaa had grabbed her), feeling sentimental tears sting her eyes. "... No one's ever given me their pin before. I..."

She sniffed as she leaned back after releasing the other ghoul, bringing the back of her hand up to rub at her eyes as though she had something in them; dust, maybe, certainly not tears. "Thank you, Mayaa. I... Don't keep any extra pins on me, but I'll make sure I bring one for you next time, okay?"

[A.V.]
No need for sorries! This week is going to be super busy for me too! We're moving in less than a week and there's somuch to do around the apartment it's crazy. @_@ <33

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:08 am
The hug had surprised her slightly, but it was a present surprise, and Mayaa hugged the ghoul back, careful not to squeeze the life out of her again.

Seeing Aldara happy also made her super happy, and she beamed, nodding.
"Mmm, ok! I'm sure your pin is super pretty!!"

Skye Starrfyre.
Ahhh, gl!!
Or, if you've moved already, I hope things get settled! o u o

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items